Idea about CPU - Rating offline

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Bartek Palewicz

Idea about CPU - Rating offline

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Hi! This is greex's idea. He wrote this in polish topic and asked someone to translate to english, so i did :wink:. About CPU, like topic says.

Instead of setting level of skills and stability of shape we would write rating (like online) of player. We could also pick skills (good, normal, weak) of player on each type of hill (you know, flying, large, normal).
Rating would imitate real players skills with rating we wrote, for example:
Simon Ammann - 1700. So Jussi look at players with rating 1700-1800 (or something else) and check how they jump, how many WOTs they won and other things (he could use dsjtournaments.com). With this he could set how does our Simon Ammann with 1700 rating would jump.

Example of all:
-Marco Grigoli - 900 - Flying hills - very bad, Large Hills - very bad, Normal hills - very bad
-Kamil Stoch - 1600 - Flying hills - good, Large hills - very good, Normal hills - normal
-Robert Kranjec - 1600 - Flying hills - very good, Large hills - good, Normal hills - normal
-Anders Bardal - 1750 - Flying hills - good, Large hills - very good, Normal hills - very good

...and:
-Kazuyoshi Funaki from 1998 - 1900 - Flying hills - very good, Large hills - very good, Normal hills - very good :twisted:
skiflyer11

Re: Idea about CPU - Rating offline

Post by skiflyer11 »

yeah i also thought about that few weeks ago
would be nice especially because there are different jumper with different skills on each hill :)

and maybe also kinda one tab for ordinary jumper (for record hunting)
and one for all cpu jumper because it would annoying to change that all the time youre jumping :)

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

1750-1900 ? WTF? 1770 Janne Ahonen , 1750 Adam Malysz , Sven Hannawald,Schlieri 1700+ , noone more than that , Robert Kranjec 1600 , Anders Bardal 1600 (he isnt so better than Kranjec,maybe even worser) ... and like that :D
Bartek Palewicz

SuperAdo111 wrote:1750-1900 ? WTF? 1770 Janne Ahonen , 1750 Adam Malysz , Sven Hannawald,Schlieri 1700+ , noone more than that , Robert Kranjec 1600 , Anders Bardal 1600 (he isnt so better than Kranjec,maybe even worser) ... and like that :D
Whatever, just an example...
pepsiman89

Post by pepsiman89 »

love the idea
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

jop great idea
J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

No in DSJ4. This is very hard to do this. I like system from DSJ3
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

whatever what rating system cpu players gonna have
we need to set the skill on the different hill types :)

nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

I don't think putting one parameter is a good idea. In DSJ4 there are 4 things that decide on good jump:

1. Takeoff Timing (means finding best spot at the end of the inrun + pressing both mouse buttons equally)
2. In-Takeoff Positioning (means moving your mouse to find best position at the begining/during takeoff)
3. Flying Technique (means keeping your mouse movement smooth and steady during flight)
4. Landing Technique (means finding the right time to perform telemark/cheaty telemark/both legs landing)

And I think these should be the parameters to set on the CPU plus - fifth parameter, Form.
Bartek Palewicz

nexen84 wrote:I don't think putting one parameter is a good idea. In DSJ4 there are 4 things that decide on good jump:

1. Takeoff Timing (means finding best spot at the end of the inrun + pressing both mouse buttons equally)
2. In-Takeoff Positioning (means moving your mouse to find best position at the begining/during takeoff)
3. Flying Technique (means keeping your mouse movement smooth and steady during flight)
4. Landing Technique (means finding the right time to perform telemark/cheaty telemark/both legs landing)

And I think these should be the parameters to set on the CPU plus - fifth parameter, Form.
That's very nice! Maybe just like in DSJ 3 (with %) but not 2, but 5 options.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The skill level adjustment will probably be quite similar to that of DSJ3, but I'll be using ratings like in DSJ4 Online. It's not possible to differentiate the skills in different parts of the jump with the statistical approach. Differentiation based on the hill size can be implemented, though.
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

nice :)

greex1

Post by greex1 »

Rating = 600-1700 or more/less?
DSJ4 Beta 2 - WR Total Lenght, WR Bad Mitterndorf HS200 and Zakopane HS94
Online World Cup 2011/2012 - World Cup A - 3rd position
Online World Cup 2012/2013 - Ski Flying A winner
Online 4HT 2013/2014 - World Cup A - 3rd position
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

Wow, fantastic news Jussi :D Thanks :)
Bartek Palewicz

Jussi Koskela wrote:The skill level adjustment will probably be quite similar to that of DSJ3, but I'll be using ratings like in DSJ4 Online. It's not possible to differentiate the skills in different parts of the jump with the statistical approach. Differentiation based on the hill size can be implemented, though.
One question- will we be able to watch CPU jumps?