Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
dsj 4

Post by dsj 4 »

Jesus4000

Post by Jesus4000 »

actually looks nice,
BUT!
I'd prefer some kind of 'adjustable' jumping style, like adjusting how much the jumper opens his legs and spreads the skis. but more for cosmetics, not for making your jumper better in any sense.

and for the next (or one of the next) beta(s) it would be nice to have one bigger and one smaller hill, in addition to the existing ones, lathi and lillehammer are around the same size.
a bigger and a smaller hill could help finding bugs in the physics.
piter_ski

Post by piter_ski »

Hi!

This is my first post on this forum. I am a big fan of the game. When I launched DSJ 4 for the first time and jumped... my jumper should be dead :lol: BUT after some training, within 1-2 days I was able to jump in nice style to K-point and after 3-4 days to HS-point and the longer jumps were not such difficult. And here are my impressions:

1. I must say that the new controlling system is JUST AWESOME. It's VERY realistic!
2. Elastic skis - very well done. Look at your replay and keep an eye in slow motion when the jumper starts to the air - just like on TV ;) The same when he lands.
3. "Smoking" snow after landing - nice effect.

And now I'd like to suggest some things:

1. Textured skis with Mediamond brands would be great. Also some brands (Mediamond) on the sleeves, trousers, helmet etc.
2. The signal after start from the hill just like in Planica or something similar.
3. Maybe the jumper should be closer to his skis when he's in the air.

Hope it helps :)
nintendere

Post by nintendere »

Please add an option to run game in windowed mode (for quick exit when multitasking).
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

Huge statistics would be fine.
Jumps over 200m, How often the jumpers fall, Top 10 or Top 3 in competiton and so on...
nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

Maybe Deluxe Ski Jump 4 could be open for modding like rFactor in simracing? I mean apart from creating and editing hills, we could have additional menu for ski juper packs? like in World Cup menu -> Select Competitors Pack -> Select Competitors.
And, for example packs: World Cup Season 2000/2001, Nagano 1998 OG, etc.
Dragorwyin

Post by Dragorwyin »

Is it possible to add a moding tools for add new graphics or hills?

It would be great, because with modders DSJ4 will get a lot of new players and will be more fun in online competitions with new hills and graphics ;p
Risen

Post by Risen »

Leave DSJ4 as it is. If you want modding so hard, ask for source code of DSJ2 or 3. And I'm against any kind of modding DSJ.

My next suggestion is possibility to choose skin colour of a specific jumper. Pale, european, tan, black and asian.
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
Grufugl

Ctrl+C

Post by Grufugl »

A minor matter, but I guess most of the players hide the chat during jumping, using Ctrl+C, so I suggest it should be hided as default. Then we wouldn't have to start every online session pressing Ctrl+C. It's so annoying to forget :wink:
nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

Risen wrote:Leave DSJ4 as it is. If you want modding so hard, ask for source code of DSJ2 or 3. And I'm against any kind of modding DSJ.
But it would be really cool for you if you had like 3 packages of ski jumpers and were able to change them in game menu, not going to unpack and copy/paste over and over...
Risen

Post by Risen »

nexen84 wrote:But it would be really cool for you if you had like 3 packages of ski jumpers and were able to change them in game menu, not going to unpack and copy/paste over and over...
I have already suggested it in this thread as a regular feature ;)
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
Kent Karlén

Post by Kent Karlén »

How would it be if everyone only can use F3-view in the game? F3-view is the best. I have always used the F1 or F2 before, F2 jumping from beside how real is that: (

In my opinion, F3-view is the most realistic view-to-use ....
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

Kent Karlén wrote:How would it be if everyone only can use F3-view in the game? F3-view is the best. I have always used the F1 or F2 before, F2 jumping from beside how real is that: (

Sorry, but this is an idiotic idea
Kent Karlén

Post by Kent Karlén »

Basadoni wrote:
Kent Karlén wrote:How would it be if everyone only can use F3-view in the game? F3-view is the best. I have always used the F1 or F2 before, F2 jumping from beside how real is that: (

Sorry, but this is an idiotic idea
Thats your opinion :mrgreen:

Another thing, then you starts jumping in one view, you should not be able to changes view after you have done the take off.
Dragorwyin

Post by Dragorwyin »

Hmm... Will be good if texture of the sky Jussi will change because replays aren't fantastic if you see grey or orange sky without any clouds.