Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Keberis

Post by Keberis »

tomyhy wrote: 3.The take off meter :D eg. Too early take off: -0,12m, too late: +0,30m Screen: right down corner
That's a great idea but it should be shown only in training in my opinion.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

nanucha wrote:watch the landing for example of Severin:)

0:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8xC-MMT ... re=related

:)

And watch a flying position - is the same as in DSJ4 !!!
nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

Templates for suits, helmets and skies, so we could have multi-colored jumpers. In world cup you can notice many ski jumpers use double colored suits, fo example black back and yellow front.
With this we can be close to popular brands and trademarks without illegaly using their actual graphics.
And there would be no mismatches for replays.
sewek eL.

Post by sewek eL. »

DSJ4 beta looks promising and I suppose it will be a really cool game :) Still I think there's an option that would make the game even better - I mean, the possibility of creating an own custom World Cup calendar.

While playing DSJ3 I always regretted I couldn't create the calendar. The only possible options were: random schedule and single/double events for all the hills.

And now, if we had such an option in DSJ4, we could create the calendar of competitions as we like, for example:

1. Kuopio K-120
2. Kuopio K-120
3. Predazzo K-120
4. Predazzo K-120
5. Villach K-90
6. Zakopane K-120
7. Zakopane K-120
8. Oberstdorf K-120
9. Ga-Pa K-120

…and so on.

(well, sounds like the beginning of 1999/2000 season ;) )

It would be possible even to have a three-competition season final weekend in Planica, as it was in real in 1999 and 2007.

In addition, it would be great if we could put in such a calendar whole defined groups of hills like Four Hills Tournament or Nordic Tournament, with a separate points standings. Or even World Champs - although it would probably more difficult, as it would require two hills (normal and big) in the same city and I don’t think Jussi planned so many of them :)
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

Wolf wrote:

and what else? :roll:
...Selection in progress...
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

EgyLynx wrote:
Wolf wrote:

and what else? :roll:

does this mean?
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

And one more thing, very important !
Just as in the proposed camera F1 (F1 camera - the same as F1, but the left side of the hill (mirror F1 camera); for example for left-handers - necessarily !) the camera F2 - so the left side of the hill, please ! :)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

What are you think about K-300 or K-400 hill? It's hard to create hill like k300?
Aerotal

Post by Aerotal »

Suggestion: If you jump too long or your landing is too late your jumper could crouch like gregor schlierenzauer here:

(0:25) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gip7erce ... re=related
doubleffect

Post by doubleffect »

Wind factor. I know it's different for every hill in real life and I figured out how this official formula is supposed to work:

Δw = TWG x (HS – 36)/20
HS - hill size (m)
TWG - tangential wind speed - average value (m/s)
Δw - wind effect on jumpind distance(m)

This is wrong. Results won't match Wind Factors for large hills given by FIS in their documents in .pdf where they show Wind Factors and Gate Factors.

It should be like that:

Hill (example):
K = 120m
HS = 135m

added/substracted pts = wind x [(HS - 36)/20]

Wind factor for the hill = 8.91 ≈ 8.9

I guess the result needs to be multiplied by points per 1 meter to get the right result so I multiplied the result by 1.8 as it's a large hill (I got 4.95 so 4.95 x 1.8 = 8.91).

So there's 0.5 m/s tailwind, a jumper would get 4.5 points added but if it's 0.5 m/s tailwind but not exactly from the back, e.g. 10º from axis leftwards? The maximum would be 45º so 10 is ~22% of 45 - is it possible to adapt this into game engine? then the jumper would get not +4.5 points but +1.0 points. I mean this:

Is it possible with this game engine to adapt such a system of counting points for the wind? (I'm so happy I haven't seen any 4.0 m/s in DSJ4 beta :), finally!).
Last edited by doubleffect on 02 Feb 2011, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
DSJ3 Personal best: 314.0m (Slovenia)
DSJ4 Personal best: 196.5m (Planica) (what a great jump that was!...)
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

i dont need something strange wind factor!
...Selection in progress...
doubleffect

Post by doubleffect »

Alright, then imagine you play at university with ~10 mates, it's a closed connection (on-line but nobody outside university can join because it's university's server) in a World Cup competition. The first jumps with 2.5 m/s in the back, the last one jumps with frontal wind of 2.5 m/s. How is that fair? And quite possible.
TPo

Post by TPo »

doubleffect wrote:Alright, then imagine you play at university with ~10 mates, it's a closed connection (on-line but nobody outside university can join because it's university's server) in a World Cup competition. The first jumps with 2.5 m/s in the back, the last one jumps with frontal wind of 2.5 m/s. How is that fair? And quite possible.
I jump records with 7 full teams and the wind has NEVER changed more than 1m/s in one competition. Wind is very stable in DSJ4 :)
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

doubleffect wrote:The first jumps with 2.5 m/s in the back, the last one jumps with frontal wind of 2.5 m/s. How is that fair? And quite possible.
The wind won't change that much in DSJ4. The "wind barrier" is currently about ±0.5 m/s.
doubleffect

Post by doubleffect »

OK, sorry then, I didn't set more than one player so I didn't really have a chance to see how wind works here.