Text on skis.

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.

Good?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 71

.slander.86

Text on skis.

Post by .slander.86 »

(Good Bye Adam)

(239)

Good?
(...)
mazifin96

Post by mazifin96 »

My suggestion originally :D
TPo

Post by TPo »

Whats the point? Thats just a useless detail nobody would notice...
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
dsj 4

Post by dsj 4 »

Good idea :) :) :) :) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
kitrak

Post by kitrak »

Completely pointless.
J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

This is good idea. One of good ideas :D
Kettger

Post by Kettger »

Good.
piter_ski

Post by piter_ski »

To be honest, it's almost useless when you jump... but when you look at replay from a specified view this could be intersting. But I think DSJ4 should come to standards where the skis are in normal design without any additional texts. If everyone put some words thi the skis that won't be a special thing in short time...
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

It is useless, this is right.
But it would be a nice optical idea, and really not difficult to realize.
Dan Ionescu

Post by Dan Ionescu »

Pointless
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

Dan Ionescu wrote:Pointless
why pointless?
It is a little something, ok, but these little things would upvalue the game.
Sometimes i cannot understand such opinions! :roll:
kitrak

Post by kitrak »

Because it doesn't have any influence on the gameplay. It's just a useless detail.
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

kitrak wrote:Because it doesn't have any influence on the gameplay. It's just a useless detail.
Ok, than we have to delete colours on the suits and lines on the hill, its useless, because it has no influence on the gameplay, like you said.
Can`t unterstand you, guys.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Basadoni wrote:Ok, than we have to delete colours on the suits and lines on the hill, its useless, because it has no influence on the gameplay, like you said.
It's not either lots of details or none at all. It's a question of where to draw the line. Too many small visual details will just look disturbing in a game like this. There has been suggested multicoloured skis, helmets etc, small flags on the helmets, sponsor logos on skis, suits, helmets, tv-logo, blood on the snow when falling, grass details around summer hills, and the list goes on and on. This can perhaps look cool when zooming in on a replay, but at least in my opinion it will look messy, untidy and will be disturbing when playing and competing. I sometimes wonder: Are you guys playing the game at all, or are you just playing with the game?
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

Grufugl wrote:
Basadoni wrote:Ok, than we have to delete colours on the suits and lines on the hill, its useless, because it has no influence on the gameplay, like you said.
It's not either lots of details or none at all. It's a question of where to draw the line. Too many small visual details will just look disturbing in a game like this. There has been suggested multicoloured skis, helmets etc, small flags on the helmets, sponsor logos on skis, suits, helmets, tv-logo, blood on the snow when falling, grass details around summer hills, and the list goes on and on. This can perhaps look cool when zooming in on a replay, but at least in my opinion it will look messy, untidy and will be disturbing when playing and competing. I sometimes wonder: Are you guys playing the game at all, or are you just playing with the game?
We are speaking about a text on a ski, nothing more! I can`t understand, why this would disturb you.