The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
akkarbelling

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by akkarbelling »

Maciejo-96 wrote:As it was said a lot of times there aren't any plans.
Vaaranto

Post by Vaaranto »

akkarbelling wrote:
Maciejo-96 wrote:As it was said a lot of times there aren't any plans.
Does that mean we cant make suggestions?..
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Why do you bother hanging around the forum if it is pointless and stupid. Go play SJ3 instead.
sado1

Post by sado1 »

It's incredibly sad to read the angry responses here. What exactly does Jussi owe to all the people who bought the game? They bought it as it was, nobody said there's gonna be updates each month until Jussi is 60 years old or something. Updates are something he did for free, to keep the customers happy, and to make them consider buying the online subscription again. Now the customers aren't happy anymore, because they stopped getting their bonus. As the saying here goes, "give someone a finger, and he will demand your whole hand". Jussi, thanks for the fun I had with this game. Please just do whatever you want to do, it's your own life - and the internet people that try to tell you what you are supposed to do, are really sad.

As for the ridiculous ideas like "port DSJ to Vita/Android/whatever", I do realise you guys have zero technical knowledge about programming, but even if we ignore the fact of "porting" to other platforms being ultra hard job... how exactly will this help to get more players/customers? Release on Steam... what for? The problem of this game is that it's a niche game (a game about something really unpopular). If whole Steam sees it there, who will even know what ski jumping is? Releasing DSJ on a CD? Who buys CDs these days? If you say people still do that... then which independent developer releases games on CDs? It costs loads of money.

Koniasty: what exactly is incomplete in DSJ? Also:
Koniasty wrote:He completely ruined DSJ because he's too lazy to make new hills. It's not about the money, he said that he has a good job somewhere else.
He has a good job. If I found a better job than the previous one was, do you think I'd still go to the old one after hours? Especially if his old job turned to be worse now that nobody pays him there? Etc.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

DSJ4 is in no way incomplete. It is the best ski jumping game ever made without competition. It doesn't matter how many hills Jussi make for the game, there will allways be nagging about there not being enough hills. Some people are never satisfied and only wants more and more and more.

Well spoken Sado1!
Vaaranto

Post by Vaaranto »

Sell the rights for this game to someone who has the time and interest;)
davisp

Post by davisp »

Vaaranto wrote:Sell the rights for this game to someone who has the time and interest;)
You won't find someone with time and interest who can afford it. Time=no other job=no money... or do you think he will sell it for like 500 euro? And why should he sell his legacy?

Just take it as it is... the game will not get any new updates... never again. Deal with it. The game is finished now. And I think it's a good game. It's great.
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Everyone is disappointed, but you see, some players are really hungry of new hills, too hungry :lol: I don't know why they are annoyed when you try to shut them up... I think the last word belong to Jussi, we are waiting for OFFICIAL words on official site "Development of DSJ4 finished permanently."
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Maciejo-96 wrote:Everyone is disappointed, but you see, some players are really hungry of new hills, too hungry :lol: I don't know why they are annoyed when you try to shut them up... I think the last word belong to Jussi, we are waiting for OFFICIAL words on official site "Development of DSJ4 finished permanently."
Yes, that should have been confirmed if the game's development is exactly ended. :|
For the sake of this we have to armor our minds in patience and wait for OFFICIAL COMMUNICATE...
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
SecretEyeCZ

Post by SecretEyeCZ »

ARE YOU BLIND?!!!! So many people wrote, that they can help you for free! Just tell them how to do it and they will continue with this series!!! It's too hard to explain it to good programators??? If it's too hard for you, you're really lazy....
davisp

Post by davisp »

SecretEyeCZ wrote:ARE YOU BLIND?!!!! So many people wrote, that they can help you for free! Just tell them how to do it and they will continue with this series!!! It's too hard to explain it to good programators??? If it's too hard for you, you're really lazy....
Are you blind? Jussi said 1000 times that DSJ4 is NOT modable. And to create a hill editor or something like that would take him much too long. And if he would give away the source code, no one would buy the game anymore, because they would remove the Key-Request.
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

davisp wrote:
SecretEyeCZ wrote:ARE YOU BLIND?!!!! So many people wrote, that they can help you for free! Just tell them how to do it and they will continue with this series!!! It's too hard to explain it to good programators??? If it's too hard for you, you're really lazy....
Are you blind? Jussi said 1000 times that DSJ4 is NOT modable. And to create a hill editor or something like that would take him much too long. And if he would give away the source code, no one would buy the game anymore, because they would remove the Key-Request.
SecretEyeCZ is the one who is both blind and lazy.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

I think that few of the people that have volunteered to help are good "programators". Jussi has said many times that the game is not moddable, but you are probably too lazy to read the forum.
MikaelB

Post by MikaelB »

Well I was just reader to that point, but I even registered on the forum to write something in this topic.

Jussi be sincere, why don't You try to sell DSJ trough some platform like GOG or Steam (on gog you could probably sell all erliers DSJ's also)? Is there any answer? I think price IS an issue. I'm earning something like 300€/month and 20€ for game is much, and on Steam, GOG etc I can buy bigger games for 5€ or 10€. You can there sell game for lesser price but whith much bigger reach.
Derrida

Post by Derrida »

I could buy the game for good money, if I can have a right to edit lists also ;)