Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
alexander

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by alexander »

Jussi -- consider implementing per-player choice of axis. For some mice, inverting the Y-axis would make it easier to play. And some players might even prefer using the X-axis.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Jussi Koskela wrote: My (or somebody else's) old idea was that there would be only 1 tab but you could direct your comment to your countrymen for example by writing "FIN: ennätys!". But I'm not sure if this would be used by the players.
This would solve it, but I think Martin's idea is better and switching between tabs is not a problem, I saw this "feature" in couple games and it's not a problem at all....
Jussi Koskela wrote: Another issue is that for example the German speaking players might want to chat with each other and they could do it only in the international chat.
Why would germans have to chat only in international chat? The whole idea is that every jumper has access to international chat AND national chat, so if someone is german, he will have international and german chat, if someone is from Saudi Arabia, he will have international and saudi arabia chat.....right?
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

MikesCZ wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote: Another issue is that for example the German speaking players might want to chat with each other and they could do it only in the international chat.
Why would germans have to chat only in international chat? The whole idea is that every jumper has access to international chat AND national chat, so if someone is german, he will have international and german chat, if someone is from Saudi Arabia, he will have international and saudi arabia chat.....right?
My point was that the German and Austrian players could write in German to each other only in the international chat.
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
MikesCZ wrote:
My point was that the German and Austrian players could write in German to each other only in the international chat.
Exactly
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

Georg Gasser wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote: My point was that the German and Austrian players could write in German to each other only in the international chat.
Exactly
Yes, this was a problem with my original idea, which is why I refined my suggestion:
On the previous page, I wrote: This is true. Maybe the channels could be based on language rather than nationality. And since there are only five widely used languages (Polish, Finnish, Norwegian, German and Czech), all of these channels could even be available for everyone (a bit like here at the forums).
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

Then i must visit Polish cannel to learn polish
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

ok I forgot about GER + AUT.

Martin's suggestion about language channels will be fine unless some kids start to spam all those channels
something like /msg-FIN would be bulletproof against this. (if one won't be able to write these messages to other nationalities)

Both are viable options as the spaming won't probably happen a lot.

AlexRollercoaster

Post by AlexRollercoaster »

Then just sort it by languages instead of nations, shouldnt be a big problem, just players from Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, belongs to German.
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

AlexRollercoaster wrote:Then just sort it by languages instead of nations, shouldnt be a big problem, just players from Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, belongs to German.
Except that Switzerland has four languages, Finland has two, and some people are playing under "false flag" (some polish people playing for GBR for example) or they just happen to speak some other language for whatever reason. Which means that division into language groups by nationality is still inaccurate. Also, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish are very similar in writing so people speaking these languages might want to be in one group, or people studying a foreign language might want to be able to practice it etc.

I still think that a fixed number of open language channels is by far the best way to go. To prevent non-speakers from spamming, the /ignore command could be made channel-specific (so you could filter out certain people for example only in german channel), or even introduce an "/ignore <nationality>" option, but that has the same problems as discussed above. Or use some kind of language detection (only Finnish words allowed in FIN chat), but that's probably even more problematic.

Or an even simpler idea (and this might be my new favorite): friend chat, where you only see messages posted by your friends. It could work like this: you can only post to the regular chat, but whatever your friends post there will appear in your friend chat tab.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

MJumper wrote: Or an even simpler idea (and this might be my new favorite): friend chat, where you only see messages posted by your friends. It could work like this: you can only post to the regular chat, but whatever your friends post there will appear in your friend chat tab.
Interesting, I would vote for this :)

J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

My small but good suggestion is to extract your statics to folder Deluxe Ski Jump 4.
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

Jussi ;) The greatest man of world :D
new hill screen maybe ? :D
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

TheMrSkiBarPL wrote:Jussi ;) The greatest man of world :D
new hill screen maybe ? :D
No flattery, please.
I'm working on something else than hills at the moment -- online hill records to be precise.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

Jussi Koskela wrote: I'm working on something else than hills at the moment -- online hill records to be precise.
This made my whole winter! Waiting anxiously however long it might take!
That's gotta hurt.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

That's great to hear ;)
Did you decide what feature will be next?
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen