Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
plan3s

Re: Bischofshofen HS140 screenshot

Post by plan3s »

Hey Jussi!

Have you been thinking about more dynamic wind changes during the jump? I mean, under skiis after the take-off and then backwind while in the middle of the air? Also, wind turning during competition? That could open a way to use startgate changes during WC and using wind points could be more justified.

Another thing is that, I think it is quite too easy to fly so far away when the wind is under skiis. Im talking bot situation, where everyone is just flying about hill size and nothing is done about it. It kills the role-playing aspect of the game. What I'm suggesting is decreasing a little default startgates so the jumps would be just a little bit shorter overall.

Also, I believe judge notes have a little too big impact on the game whatsoever. I mean, we all tend to land above 220 meters in Planica and bots land it with telemark like always. Also, on smaller hills, it is better to land 2-3 meters shorter just to get 19.5s and 20s. What I'm suggesting is to make judge notes scale more with distance as it is in real competition at the moment. If someone lands so far it is impossible to land a telemark, he should get 18s instead of 16s. And in the same way, if someone is landing just a little above K-Point but he did that from like 2 meters, he should get about 18.5s not 20s. That would make competition so much more interesting and make the meters actually a bit more important.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

plan3s wrote:Im talking bot situation, where everyone is just flying about hill size and nothing is done about it. It kills the role-playing aspect of the game. What I'm suggesting is decreasing a little default startgates so the jumps would be just a little bit shorter overall.
Well,that's a nice idea :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

plan3s wrote:Hey Jussi!

Have you been thinking about more dynamic wind changes during the jump? I mean, under skiis after the take-off and then backwind while in the middle of the air? Also, wind turning during competition? That could open a way to use startgate changes during WC and using wind points could be more justified.

Another thing is that, I think it is quite too easy to fly so far away when the wind is under skiis. Im talking bot situation, where everyone is just flying about hill size and nothing is done about it. It kills the role-playing aspect of the game. What I'm suggesting is decreasing a little default startgates so the jumps would be just a little bit shorter overall.

Also, I believe judge notes have a little too big impact on the game whatsoever. I mean, we all tend to land above 220 meters in Planica and bots land it with telemark like always. Also, on smaller hills, it is better to land 2-3 meters shorter just to get 19.5s and 20s. What I'm suggesting is to make judge notes scale more with distance as it is in real competition at the moment. If someone lands so far it is impossible to land a telemark, he should get 18s instead of 16s. And in the same way, if someone is landing just a little above K-Point but he did that from like 2 meters, he should get about 18.5s not 20s. That would make competition so much more interesting and make the meters actually a bit more important.
1. CPU players could not handle dynamic winds.
2. It's bit too late to change the start gates at this point once people have jumped some wonderful hill records.
3. The judge scores for the CPU players are generated according to real results from the online game.
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Jussi Koskela wrote:2. It's bit too late to change the start gates at this point once people have jumped some wonderful hill records.
Couldn't you just reset hill records for new version?
mask

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by mask »

Jussi, please add sorting players like on screen because current choice is a bit irritating :)
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

adin wrote:Jussi, have you even thought about adding to the DSJ4 "non-real" ski hills?
I'm not asking about near future because there is still a lot to do with real ones.
Adding hills fictional - nonsense! :evil: In all previous versions were fictitious hill and it was the most annoying! Finally, we have real hills, and the need to enjoy! :)
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I would suggest that in the world cup was not only the option of setting the date but also the time of day - not at all true hills is artificial lighting, for example Planica!
For those wanting to break records, it should still be an option to set the direction of the wind in the World Cup (but only optional).
Ahonen

Post by Ahonen »

Jussi, can you add a "Q" in the result list for the qualified jumpers for the final round? :)
temalo

Post by temalo »

Good afternoon. I have an idea. Is it possible to do statistics were displayed during the training? It would be a convenient option for people firmly associated with the training.
Then, after completing the training would display a table of the full results of this exercise.
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

@Up
That's really intresting and I think it isn't too difficult for Jussi.
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

So, now would be 1.5.0 including K.O?
Next 1.6.0 with hills at Autumn?
stein089

Post by stein089 »

i would like to have the following features:

1. all player-controlled jumpers should be marked in the "choose-jumpers" menue" -> maybe name displayed in other color?!

2. something like a horizontal slider to scale the overall skill of all computer-jumpers. This would make it easier for the poorer players (like me) to use the high-skilled jumper packs, without editing every jumper's skill.

I think these features are not that hard to implement, but would make the game a lot more enjoyable for me!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

stein089 wrote: 2. something like a horizontal slider to scale the overall skill of all computer-jumpers. This would make it easier for the poorer players (like me) to use the high-skilled jumper packs, without editing every jumper's skill.
I have had this in mind, too. Will be added.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I have in my mind some interesting ideas for next version:
  • In creating jumper mode - possibilty to change classic type of entering name of jumper or entering name and surname.
  • Green banks in inrun of Planica HS215 should be removed.
  • Speed of skies after jumper's fall when jumper lost skies) should be much less.
  • Modified system of startgates in Planica HS215 and Val di Fiemme hills
  • Other 4 Hills Tournament hills and Falun HS134 (organising the World Championships 2015)
  • Added Ski Flying Cup online (like World Cup and New Hills Cup) in 2x4 hills.
Is it possible to add to game?
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Maciejo-96 wrote:I have in my mind some interesting ideas for next version:
  • Added Ski Flying Cup online (like World Cup and New Hills Cup) in 2x4 hills.
Done.