Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Jussi Koskela »

SuperAdo111 wrote:-Jussi,shouldnt hands move a bit more (but without moving skis,in dsj you have to move skis to move hands),i watched few jumps and in each of them (its about 215,5 in kulm and 235 in planica) they moves hands,and that should happen only when wind is 1.7-2.5 (no matter front or backwind).
Since you can't control the hands yourself it would just add more randomness to the jump. I have tried to keep the skill factor in DSJ4 as high as possible.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Jussi Koskela wrote: Since you can't control the hands yourself it would just add more randomness to the jump. I have tried to keep the skill factor in DSJ4 as high as possible.
And what about landing these landings? We can press double click twice or something,it would be really nice feature ,especially because there is much more falls at dsj than in real (i understand game factor and stuff but...)
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
SuperAdo111 wrote:-Jussi,shouldnt hands move a bit more (but without moving skis,in dsj you have to move skis to move hands),i watched few jumps and in each of them (its about 215,5 in kulm and 235 in planica) they moves hands,and that should happen only when wind is 1.7-2.5 (no matter front or backwind).
Since you can't control the hands yourself it would just add more randomness to the jump. I have tried to keep the skill factor in DSJ4 as high as possible.
More randomness would be cool! There is more randomness in real skijumping than in DSJ 4 now...
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

SuperAdo111 wrote:And what about landing these landings? We can press double click twice or something,it would be really nice feature ,especially because there is much more falls at dsj than in real (i understand game factor and stuff but...)
There are also quite a lot more jumps over the hill size - which is all because we only need move the mouse, not every muscle in the body :P
That's gotta hurt.
Ahonen

Post by Ahonen »

What about female jumpers? They are really making progress in reality! :D
TPo

Post by TPo »

Ahonen wrote:What about female jumpers? They are really making progress in reality! :D
But in reality, even if you put the best of the best female jumpers to compete against the men, they'd lag by 20m or more. Thus, female jumpers wouldn't be very realistic.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Gosen

Post by Gosen »

What about making the game more difficult? Or not game, but beating records. Maybe now wind changes in some parts, but still it's rather stable. So my idea is to make wind for few parts (hill, take off and let's say 2 or 3 phases of flight itself). Instead I would make something about landing, because now it's do or die - there is no struggle to stabilize your jumper before line, you land or crash (yeah, it's not fall, it's crash, cause seems so bad for poor jumper).

4H's KO system even without 4H tournament itself would be nice as well.

BTW Kranjec won yestarday and I made new personal best with him in Planica :)
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Yeah,Jussi,hill records should be as they are in real,really , it would be extremly hard to reach every record so only 2-3 best jumpers can do,i think now its this situation only in Planica,but situation in Kulm is not real at all,i know somebody jumped there 219,5 with fall but still there HR is 215,5, so jumps around 216 or something would be amazing...And why not let wind goes to 3.0? In some competitions they are over it,its only my opinion,to improve game ... :)
Fingi

Post by Fingi »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Yeah,Jussi,hill records should be as they are in real,really , it would be extremly hard to reach every record so only 2-3 best jumpers can do,i think now its this situation only in Planica,but situation in Kulm is not real at all,i know somebody jumped there 219,5 with fall but still there HR is 215,5, so jumps around 216 or something would be amazing...
Believe me, if Kranjec would have unlimited jumps with the best wind (the players with records over the real hill record had them), he would quite possibly fly to the records you call not real at all.
SuperAdo111 wrote:And why not let wind goes to 3.0? In some competitions they are over it,its only my opinion,to improve game ... :)
This was already suggested and I think the main concern is that greater winds would cause problems with players skis. Even now you can make your jumper go up and down a bit and it can happen that "his legs can't take it" and the skies go behind his head and than down (I kinda like the effect but it makes it difficult to land).
But if there is possibility to increase wind to 3.0m/s I'm totally for it :D
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

Small improvement for replays: Sorting by date, jumper, alphabetic.
That's gotta hurt.
mrintel

Post by mrintel »

What about option to save replays automatically if it's best/longest jump? To don't making n replays in the folder, player could choose, how many best/longest jumps he want to save, and if it'll be beat, game will overwrite them. Replays could be named by scheme which is used for replays downloaded from online competitions. I think that this feature can be useful for offline competitors.
Torsten

Re: Menu-Navigation by Keyboard

Post by Torsten »

No comment about this since it was moved into this huge thread by an admin. What's your opinion, Jussi?
Torsten wrote:Hey Jussi,

navigating through the menus per keyboard would be very helpful.

Wind searching now is like:
1 moving the mouse to then "World Cup"-Button
2 clicking on "World Cup"-Button
3 clicking on "Start World Cup"-Button
4 pressing [ESC]-Key
back to 1

A simple [w] [s] [ESC] (for instance) would make it much easier and one could do this nearly blind (that's not possible by now because of point 1)

Cheers
Torsten :D
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Menu-Navigation by Keyboard

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Torsten wrote:No comment about this since it was moved into this huge thread by an admin. What's your opinion, Jussi?
Torsten wrote:Hey Jussi,

navigating through the menus per keyboard would be very helpful.

Wind searching now is like:
1 moving the mouse to then "World Cup"-Button
2 clicking on "World Cup"-Button
3 clicking on "Start World Cup"-Button
4 pressing [ESC]-Key
back to 1

A simple [w] [s] [ESC] (for instance) would make it much easier and one could do this nearly blind (that's not possible by now because of point 1)

Cheers
Torsten :D
How would this work in localized versions?
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Jussi Koskela wrote:How would this work in localized versions?
By numbering the menu items?! :D (The numbers doesn't have to be shown at the screen necessarily)
So the mentioned sequence could be [1] [1] [ESC] :wink:
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

Jussi,can you show us progress of your work in 1.4.0?