Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
kitrak

Post by kitrak »

Ats wrote:foggy weather would be cool also
It's already available.
mipocc

Post by mipocc »

EyTschej wrote:Suggestion of the day: STOP suggesting hill editors!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
I was thinking about only little support for moders, Hill editior is dreaming ,I know ;).
----

One question to Mr. Koskela :)

If I do a project of new menu, will you be able to vote it and (If you vote it good) release it in the new DSJ version (maybe in full version) :?: :)
Risen

Post by Risen »

Next idea of mine:
Possibility of keeping files with jumpers in subdirectories / catalogues.
For example:
|-Deluxe Ski Jump 4\
|----Ski Jumpers\
|-------FIS WC 2007-08\
|-------FIS WC 2008-09\
|-------FIS WC 2009-10\
|-------FIS WC 2010-11\
|-------CoC 2010-11\
|-------Ladies CoC\
|-------Juniors\
|-------Me and my friends\
|-------My fictional league\
etc.
Then players could easily switch between different packages only by using "Select None" and "Select All" buttons. It'd be very useful imo.

And about jumper's colours.
Buttons "Random colour" and "Randomize everything" could be useful too.
This doesn't require any explanation. Does it?
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
MichalD

Post by MichalD »

I recommend to introduce the Custom Camera mode. The current cameras are insufficient.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

My rather long wish list.

I made up a list with all features I would like. Of course I know perfectly well most of these wont be in the game but maybe some of them will :) its a bit of a sum up from me

- TV like pop ups. On tv we see the name of the jumper popping up than the speed when he makes the jump, after he lands we get to see the distance and the whole name+distance+points+total point+current position. Now I am aware that we cant have it like in TV because of licensing but as Jussi said there could be something similar. Why not as the sponsor not Ricoh but Mediamond ;) ?

- AI players... well much have been said, I will really be satisfied even if there is AI jumpers without the possibility to see them. I just want some competition. With DSJ 4 beta being so good I daydream about playing a full world cup season on all hills with ~60 jumpers :)

- Twigs/lines. More twigs on the inrun. They get denser as the edge of the inrun is coming closer. Than the hill itself. Red lines on the K point and on the HS point connected with a twig line (in the beta its also a red line but thats ok.) other than that twigs every 10 meters I think. and they should start way earlier/higher on the hill. some texture of twig mess on the bottom ;)

- static or basic animated people on the stairs of the inrun just to crowd the place a bit :)

- sound. there is a specific sound when the jumper lets go of the gate and starts the roll on the inrun tracks. I really like it. Then the sound when the light goes green. I absolutely love the one in Planica...

- camera. I dont know if its possible with the engine of the game but a free cam ?? or/additionally a camera located in front of the inrun

- meter plates on the side of the hill. On most hills there is a little plate with "110" and so on..

- a bit more freedom with the coloring of the jumper. At least a 2 colored sleeve for exapmle. You choose red and blue and he has a red/blue sleeve. etc. Sponsor (mediamond ;) ) on the bottom of the ski.

- oh yeah. In the place where ski jumpers stop there is always a sponsor or some logo layed on the snow. it is separated with twigs so jumpers dont ski onto it. Again a mediamond sign would do

again please remember this is only a wish list. Its not like Im going to be angry if all of this isnt in :)

Cheers
Kugelsack

Post by Kugelsack »

In the replays it would be good to have a shifting progress bar so that you can move the replay to any moment of the jump.
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Kugelsack wrote:In the replays it would be good to have a shifting progress bar so that you can move the replay to any moment of the jump.
That was already considered. The problem is with moving the replay backwards. It would use too much memory and cpu power to make it possible because of the physics engine ;)
doubleffect

Post by doubleffect »

- Twigs/lines. More twigs on the inrun. They get denser as the edge of the inrun is coming closer. Than the hill itself. Red lines on the K point and on the HS point connected with a twig line (in the beta its also a red line but thats ok.) other than that twigs every 10 meters I think. and they should start way earlier/higher on the hill. some texture of twig mess on the bottom
More twigs on the inrun is a cosmetic change that I don't know if it's really needed. I mean you're right that those red lines from K-point to HS-point could be replaced by twigs with light red color around. That would not only be more realistic but also everything would be more visible. Also rows of twigs showing the distance should be every 5 meters, not 10.
- static or basic animated people on the stairs of the inrun just to crowd the place a bit
We've got static supporters and they look strange. The same around the starting gate would look unprofessional, I guess.
- meter plates on the side of the hill. On most hills there is a little plate with "110" and so on..
It's a good idea. There are already such plates, in Lillehammer e.g. at 120th, 123rd, 130th, and 138th meter.
- a bit more freedom with the coloring of the jumper. At least a 2 colored sleeve for exapmle. You choose red and blue and he has a red/blue sleeve. etc. Sponsor (mediamond Wink ) on the bottom of the ski.
Two-colored sleeves or pants are alright but a sponsor on skis - maybe only if it's not mandatory.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Really, DSJ4 has already a lot of changes compared to DSJ3. If a lot of suggestions were to be put into the game, I guess it would have to be redone from scratch. I don't mind jumping in DSJ3 (I rarely play beta of DSJ4 because of only 2 hills) but even those 40 hills eventually got me kind of bored (that's why I wish there was a hill creator in DSJ4).
DSJ3 Personal best: 314.0m (Slovenia)
DSJ4 Personal best: 196.5m (Planica) (what a great jump that was!...)
magnevox

Post by magnevox »

Jussi, did you even read it?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

magnevox wrote:Jussi, did you even read it?
I read every comment and pick all the best ideas. But since there are 10000 users posting on the forum I can only comment a minority of them.
pajkul

Post by pajkul »

With regard to the distance marks on the barriers on the landing zone - putting them there would require making barriers wooden instead of white with the mediamond.fi inscription on it. And maybe you could put the mediamond.fi beyond the landing zone only, just like in reality.

My suggestion to make it tidier is very simple: The distance marks should end RIGHT AT THE HS POINT.
Ats

Post by Ats »

Risen wrote:And about jumper's colours.
Buttons "Random colour" and "Randomize everything" could be useful too.
This doesn't require any explanation. Does it?
Supporting. This feature is really in need, indeed.
Maxvir

Post by Maxvir »

New suggestion :
Create female ski jumpers.
Women`s are jumping too...
Dragorwyin

Post by Dragorwyin »

My example design.

I Think that will be good if is it possible to add some designs into game.
Risen

Post by Risen »

What about some leafy trees and yellow-orange colours of the scenery in autumn time like this? :)
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen