Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
David Kamer

Post by David Kamer »

Metsi wrote:Next idea:

- maybe make the Record Lines display optional? If i have PR, LR, WR lines + the red for the minimum to lead, the space further than HS becomes really messy. Maybe one option like "Display Record Marks" or something like that in World Cup menu?
Great idea. I always get confused if the lines are so near to each other.
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

I see that everyone's crying about the jumping style. I'm afraid that physics in DSJ4 is pretty much a final product. By saying things like "oh... well, it doesn't look like I expected, remake it" you basically dismiss result of Jussi's 3-year effort. I have no idea how much more work would have to be done to make further changes to DSJ4 physics - whether the engine is easily editable or not. Just don't expect any radical changes :)
Thus, I think, any remarks on Späth-ish style, however true they are, will look silly and irrelevant to Jussi.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Martin Kafka wrote:I see that everyone's crying about the jumping style. I'm afraid that physics in DSJ4 is pretty much a final product. By saying things like "oh... well, it doesn't look like I expected, remake it" we basically dismiss result of Jussi's 3-year effort. I have no idea how much more work would have to be put into it to make further changes to DSJ4 physics - whether the engine is easily editable or not. Just don't expect any radical changes :)
Thus, I think, any remarks on Späth-ish style, however true they are, will look silly and irrelevant to Jussi :)
It's still possible and very likely that I have to do adjustments to the physics and flying positions. The current one is so far the best combination of good gameplay and high realism that I have been able to achieve. In a simulation like this everything affects everything, so for example changing the pelvis angle just by few angles might make the playing experience totally different (in 99 out of 100 cases probably worse).
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

well I like the physics and position that is in the game now so I dont really need to see changes ;)

I would like improvments in the "small detail that make the game great" section (previous page 'line' post :D )
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

What i wanna say it is: 2 or 3 hills more (least Beta 3 or at beta 2)
American hill(s) or/and aasian ones...
...Selection in progress...
FeRu

Post by FeRu »

In next beta it will be nice jumping on some ski flying hill like in Obersdorf,Harrachov,Planica or Vikersund. So Jussi if you are able to change some in physics or flying position just do it in next beta relase....And players (we 8) ) decide which is better ;)
Cheers
Risen

Post by Risen »

Jussi Koskela wrote: It's still possible and very likely that I have to do adjustments to the physics and flying positions. The current one is so far the best combination of good gameplay and high realism that I have been able to achieve. In a simulation like this everything affects everything, so for example changing the pelvis angle just by few angles might make the playing experience totally different (in 99 out of 100 cases probably worse).
You see... you said "totally different" and I think that this is the place to give players a choice in order to make this game a lot more interesting (it already is, but hey, never enough!). What do you honestly think about implementing a possibility to adjust the angle of a flight for a specific player, just like mouse sensitivity, or for a specific jumper, just like in real life? If it don't make distances shorter, but harder to achieve, I don't see any reasons why to not include this function. Player then would be able to decide if he wants to play on default game setting (perhaps the easiest one) or a customized one (more challenging).
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
Holger

Post by Holger »

Finally I will play DSJ4 definetly. If it looks like Späth-Style or not... :D
Different styles to jump would be very interesting, but It seems to be a bit to much for this game.

The Idea with the different record lines to choose is great! Personal, Country, World Record.
thumbs up!

...and playing in a window will be great for me (at work) :roll:
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Guys, the physics of the game, Jumper silhouette, control and other elements everything is great! Look at the films from jumping in slow motion and from different perspectives. Jumper controls how a real man who behaves in every element of the jump course and has a natural silhouette! I think that Jussi did everything he could to give the realism of the jump, and everybody Let us appreciate! Jussi, thank you!
Risen

Post by Risen »

And...

What about build in replay to video extractor? No need to use 3rd party software and hide replay bars.
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
REM

Post by REM »

Jumper on the tower is too alone. :( I propose adding a few jumpers, who are waiting for a jump. :wink:
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

It is soo long ALONE... dsj2-> dsj4 before that i not know. :oops:
...Selection in progress...
TPo

Post by TPo »

EgyLynx wrote:It is soo long ALONE... dsj2-> dsj4 before that i not know. :oops:
http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj3/personalhi ... ersion=1.6
Naturally I dont have a DSJ2 account, because its free - but I have many fin #30. Im a DSJ multi-talent :wink:
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

bulwa11 wrote:Here is a pic of my idea :)

Yes !!! Great suggestion !!!
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

FeRu wrote:
My proposals on the size of the hills: K-90, K-95, K-115, K-120, K-125, K-130 and K-185. All are realistic !!!
Don't forget that Vikersund hill have now K-195 HS-225 :wink:

O yes, I forgot :)