Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Holger

Post by Holger »

@ No snow and sunshine in summer
Hey Metsi, thanx for this...I didn`t get in mind to check this out...
Haha...great!
Nice Idea Jussi!
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Metsi wrote:@Jussi
Out of curiosity - does the weather conditions affect the jump in any way? Change the speed of inrun or take-off?
This has been proposed many times by me and others, and it is unknown whether this will make it into the final release. Currently in beta-1, weather is "only" graphic effect.
Jussi was discussing this with us earlier, but he hasn't made the final decision yet.
bulwa11

Re: Proposal to improve DSJ4

Post by bulwa11 »

Martin Kafka wrote:
LightScribeSLO wrote:7. Lines for lenght must be different on every hill.

8. There must be something to did DSJ4 more interesting.
There must be balloons, airplanes...
Yes, these two are very good proposals, small things like this make DSJ4 closer to the real thing.
Those lines would really make a considerable change in look and feel of the hills. Thumbs up!

Thumbs up from me on this also. The lines in DSJ begin a bit too late I think. I posted a picture on the previous page of a real hill and some suggestions about lines so you can read that ;) I think the lines should start at around the 70-80 meter on a K-120 hill.

I dont think its that complicateds to add/edit lines because they dont have any physics or anything but it really adds up to the game itself. another nice pic:http://images48.fotosik.pl/109/5f50c38609c748db.jpg
(I wont post the pic here because its really big)

The same goes to little trees on the inrun. I was delighted to see them in DSJ 4 but there are still possibilities to make them nicer ;) for example more trees/branches on the edge of the inrun

and finally notice how on a real hill there are loads of small choped pieces or the trees on the bottom of the hill. The hill is never perfectly clean there are always pieces of lines covering the hill. ;)

Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Martin Kafka wrote:
Metsi wrote:@Jussi
Out of curiosity - does the weather conditions affect the jump in any way? Change the speed of inrun or take-off?
This has been proposed many times by me and others, and it is unknown whether this will make it into the final release. Currently in beta-1, weather is "only" graphic effect.
Jussi was discussing this with us earlier, but he hasn't made the final decision yet.
Thanks Mafka :D

If my opinion counts, would love to see the conditions affecting the jump. But as a newbie programmer i think it takes really a lot of work, cuz you would have to consider the influence of many things at once. E.g. foggy, rainy weather at night would need a lot of calculations of the program and it could be relatively heavy for the cpu to calculate.
And if we would like to be more specific there should be a temperature indicator. The snow and rain give different values in different temperatures ;)
Martin_SK

Post by Martin_SK »

is it possible to change colour of this board??? beacuse i don't see edge of the hill well...

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/641/34455350.jpg
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

kilerfcb wrote:In my opinion should be only real hills...

Yes, of course!!! But it is all about realism!!!
klosik007

Post by klosik007 »

Such a huge amount piece of work has been done to perform this game. It is close to perfection and I'm really impressed. Furthermore, my jumps are still better and better, although I couldn't got used to make it gently :).
But there's one thing I have to mention - why are the spectators on the hill dressed like in the summer? That's really weird.
Regards, Przemek
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

Here is a pic of my idea :)

pajkul

Post by pajkul »

I think there should be some variety when it comes how all those lines are placed BEFORE the HS line. Putting any distance marks beyond HS point is not a good idea, usually there are already some lines representing the WR and your PB, so it would make it less tidy and more confusing.

Distance lines overload. I don't want any lines beyond the HS line.
twominutewarning

Post by twominutewarning »

Martin, could you put pics with lower resolution please? forum becomes wider and wider...
Greetings:
Lawrence
Holger

Post by Holger »

Playing in a Window would be a good option to choose!
Is it possible?
Aerotal

Post by Aerotal »

It would be cool if u could see global records like local records where u can see 25 best jumps.
So basically if you click "Lahti" in global records u could see all the 25 best jumps. :)
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

And want you longer wait these records?

what i want is next beta: More hills! (not lot , but 2 or 3)
...Selection in progress...
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Next idea:

- maybe make the Record Lines display optional? If i have PR, LR, WR lines + the red for the minimum to lead, the space further than HS becomes really messy. Maybe one option like "Display Record Marks" or something like that in World Cup menu?
pj.patryk

Post by pj.patryk »

Jussi congratulated for graphics. I really do not like something. You need to improve the style of the jump that looks bad. You can not go to Koch, Kranjec, Romoeren. If you do not improve your game should then call DELUXE SKI JUMP 4 Georg Spaeth style of jumping. See it http://www.galeria.skijumping.pl/data/m ... Spaeth.JPG - that you did in the game. A jump like that? you can not. http://s.v3.tvp.pl/images/2/3/6/uid_236 ... 3_gs_0.jpg

Fix it please, because the game will be worse than the DSJ 3.