First impressions...

General discussion about DSJ4.
remyskijumper

Post by remyskijumper »

I'm pretty satisfied with the new DSJ in general. It's much better than I expected. All the goods have already been mentioned so I won't repeat them again. The only thing I'd like to see in the full version in the ability to change gate, but not from my part but from computer's part. According to the wind conditions the gate would be chosen, and if for example already the first jumps would have been close to HS the gate would be lowered giving you a gate compensation/restarting the competition. Also if a jumper falls very seriously, he should have been out of the World Cup for a few months.
Overall rating: 8.9/10
Momodou

Post by Momodou »

Another tip:

I think including game mode "Career" could raise up the overall quality of the game. Real seasons, starting age should be 14-15 years. Few money in beginning, paying the coach, agency, competiting in Continental youh cup or so. Then getting better and better by atributes which I talked about above. Season should start in Summer GP, then real schedule including all the inreal competitions - Four Hills, Flying WC, normal WC, Olympic Games every 4 years...

Come on, this game can be perfect!
kilerfcb

Post by kilerfcb »

Jussi, you wondered over this to include to the game the possibility of the change gate ??
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

remyskijumper wrote:The only thing I'd like to see in the full version in the ability to change gate, but not from my part but from computer's part. According to the wind conditions the gate would be chosen, and if for example already the first jumps would have been close to HS the gate would be lowered giving you a gate compensation/restarting the competition.
AFAIK the inrun speed changed in DSJ 3 depending on wind conditions, simulating gate differences. Sometimes you got lucky when the wind turned during a jump :P But I agree that a more detailed system would be interesting to see.
FeRu

Post by FeRu »

Game is f*cking awersome. Finaly the real life hills are in there. Flying model is very good,but I agree that angle between jumper and skis are to large.Also jumper could have more polygons in the future :) .I can't wait final relase. Keep it up Jussi 8)

ps:sorry for my bad english :D
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

I really love the way that Lilllihammer profile is different from Lahti. Lahti is so hard for me, while Lilli is a lot easier. Its a great feeling and I can see differences in those 2 hills

Awesome.

As to the career mode I would definelty like to see that in game, but its not really essential :)
Cissek

Post by Cissek »

bulwa11 wrote:I really love the way that Lilllihammer profile is different from Lahti. Lahti is so hard for me, while Lilli is a lot easier. Its a great feeling and I can see differences in those 2 hills

Awesome.

As to the career mode I would definelty like to see that in game, but its not really essential :)
i think the same, in dsj4 hills are really different. i'd like to see a hill creator :)
pajkul

Post by pajkul »

The more I play this game, the more I learn about how amazing it is when it comes to the physics of flight. INSANELY GOOD JOB JUSSI, AGAIN! And there's nothing wrong with the angle created by the body and skis, I perfectly like it.
Bjørn Andre Monsen

Post by Bjørn Andre Monsen »

kilerfcb wrote:Jussi, you wondered over this to include to the game the possibility of the change gate ??
good idea!
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

I love the physics, I appreciate the more stable wind, and I really like the feel and look of it all. Great work JK.
What I miss is separate online record lists.
Risen

Post by Risen »

bulwa11 wrote: You CAN change the weather, wind and daytime in practice. Just hit settings on the right down side before selecting hill.

I dont think blood is a good idea. Many young people play this game also. I think there is way more than enough blood in other games, lets not bring this to DSJ.

;)
Today my friend showed me this option. I haven't noticed it before. Great one! Blood was meant to be a very optional idea. I don't think it's a quite good idea either.

Commentary is unnecessary imo too. It requires a lot of HDD space and usually it's very, very imperfect. Sentences repeat too often and sometimes they don't make any sense.

I am for including hill editor, but not now. Perhaps with one of the upcoming patches as it's not so necessary at all. Anyway it'd be a really great feature.

#edit
I forgot about one thing. Yellow/red, leader plastron shouldn't have number on it. Proof.
kilerfcb

Post by kilerfcb »

I think that will be nice when we can jump in two or three training sessions before competitions
holandec

Post by holandec »

I have a question for jussi ? Where did the croatia ski FLYING hill come from in the last version ?
:?
Im from Slovenia and i think that I would know if there was such a large hill in our neighbors land.
Anyhow grate job whit the DSJ 4 its grate !!!!! :D :D
I think that DSJ is a simple game in wich it wuld be irrevelant to put some other game mods like carrer, editor or even comentary... :roll: We have all seen such EA games and its a complete waste of CPU memory and money .but the ski jumping hills editor is still a good Idea

Sorry for bad English im only 12 ... heh...
My record in Lilehamer is 136m :P
DSJ the game for ME
Risen

Post by Risen »

holandec wrote:I have a question for jussi ? Where did the croatia ski FLYING hill come from in the last version ?
There are only 6 ski flying hills on the world. DSJ3 contains only fictional hills.

"Letalnica" in Planica (Slovenia) K185 HS215
"Vikersundbakken" in Vikersund (Norway) K195 HS225 (soon)
"Heini-Klopfer-Skiflugschanze" in Oberstdorf (Germany) K185 HS213
"Kulm" in Bad Mitterndorf (Austria) K185 HS200
"Certak" in Harrachov (Czech Republic) K-185 HS-205
and "Copper Peak" in Ironwood (USA) K145 (unused)
holandec wrote:We have all seen such EA games and its a complete waste of CPU memory and money .but the ski jumping hills editor is still a good Idea
Couldn't agree more.
Last edited by Risen on 22 Jan 2011, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
FeRu

Post by FeRu »

Risen you made a mistake...It's 6 ski flying hills on the world....The 6th hill is "Certak" in Harrachov K-185 HS-205 :P