First impressions...

General discussion about DSJ4.
Bjørn Andre Monsen

Post by Bjørn Andre Monsen »

to Jussi Koskela: I mean the ski jumper's very straight up and down if you understand? I think you might want to fly the style a bit more down to the skis, or a choice in settings where vve can change the flying style, but it is of course up to you! Verry GOOD GAME MATE! i love it!
David Kamer

Post by David Kamer »

Bjørn Andre Monsen wrote:to Jussi Koskela: I mean the ski jumper's very straight up and down if you understand? I think you might want to fly the style a bit more down to the skis, or a choice in settings where vve can change the flying style, but it is of course up to you! Verry GOOD GAME MATE! i love it!
You are absolutly right. If you are watching jumpers like Simon Amman you can see that they are much closer to their skis, sometimes right between them, especially during front wind conditions.
I guess its related to the physics engine and i hope Jussi will change it until the release of the final version. Would you, Jussi?? :o

Nevertheless the game is very near to perfection ! Great work Jussi !
Severin

Post by Severin »

Amazing, just tried a few jumps, just got 133 in Lillehammer so far, but this game rocks :)

Btw: is it normal that my jumper is at the takeoff invisible for a short period of time?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Severin wrote: Btw: is it normal that my jumper is at the takeoff invisible for a short period of time?
Sounds strange. What graphics card do you have?
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

I cant wait to try out Planica or Vikersund :D

Jussi: Will there be a fictional huge jump also ? like HS285 for example ? or a really small one (HS 50) ??
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

I suggest making these thing optional:
- weather conditions (fog, snow etc.)
- time of jumping (daylight, evening etc.)
Would be a lot of fun to have them during some tournament with friends etc. but not during single player record attempts ;)
paulonio

Post by paulonio »

are in DSJ4 available flags of all countries? for example Uzbekistan or Kenya ? :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

paulonio wrote:are in DSJ4 available flags of all countries? for example Uzbekistan or Kenya ? :)
Currently there are 40 flags available.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

The weather settings are sweet :D they create some nice atmosphere :)
as to the flexibility of the skis, I really like it the way it is, when I control the jumper softly with feeling they dont flex as much as when doing cartweels in the air

btw. dont click 'random 5' in the hill selection. it crashes the game ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

bulwa11 wrote:btw. dont click 'random 5' in the hill selection. it crashes the game ;)
What error message do you get? This doesn't happen on my computer.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

'Unexpected internal error!'
Cissek

Post by Cissek »

bulwa11 wrote:'Unexpected internal error!'
i confirm this. Jussi, you need too add more hills. NOW! :P
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Ok, thanks for reporting the bug. I found the reason for it. This happens only in the demo version.
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Cissek wrote:
i confirm this. Jussi, you need too add more hills. NOW! :P
Jussi could you ask 1 more hill to the beta? A big one, to test the higher speed approach, longer flights and stuff?
pajkul

Post by pajkul »

I'm not sure if I remember how it was with case of DSJ3 beta. The two hills you put there were named, it was Lahti and some norwegian hill too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jussi, my only concern so far is related to the behaviour of the jumper on some bigger hills allowing for jumps of 200+ meters. Is it going to be possible to make the angle between the jumper and skis lower when jumping on big hill? I don't mean any specific settings for this, just asking what would be the behaviour of the jumper like on such hills.

And the most important thing is: are you going to put any REAL hills to the final version of the DSJ4? Or just some fictional ones? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, just asking.
I'm planning to buy this game soon anyway.