Deluxe Ski Jump

The Official Deluxe Ski Jump Forum
It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 13:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2007, 20:49 
Offline

Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 16:28
Posts: 5
Location: Norway
I have registered DSJ3.15, and entered the name and reg.key and ith worked just fine. I played for a while and quit the game, and the next time I started the game, the unregistered version of the game started. I've tried til uninstall, and reinstall the game, and the same problem occures. :twisted:

I'm using Windows Vista, and have no problems running the demo.

I also wrote a e-mail to support@mediamond.fi last night, but haven't got any reply on my request.

Anyone else experienced the same problem :?:

havarfin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 09:50 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2361
Location: Finland
havarfin wrote:
I have registered DSJ3.15, and entered the name and reg.key and ith worked just fine. I played for a while and quit the game, and the next time I started the game, the unregistered version of the game started. I've tried til uninstall, and reinstall the game, and the same problem occures. :twisted:


Obviously there is a problem with saving the registration settings on the hd if the registration key must be entered again every time the game is restarted. Do the other settings (players, world cup settings, hill records etc) disappear as well when you restart the game?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 14:20 
Offline

Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 16:28
Posts: 5
Location: Norway
All my records, players etc is saved. The game works fine, but the registration is lost every time I quit the game. After uninstalling and then reinstalling, the reg. key is working again untill i quit the game. I have noe idea what's wrong, but I hope you can find out.

havarfin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 09:14 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2361
Location: Finland
havarfin wrote:
All my records, players etc is saved. The game works fine, but the registration is lost every time I quit the game. After uninstalling and then reinstalling, the reg. key is working again untill i quit the game. I have noe idea what's wrong, but I hope you can find out.
havarfin


I haven't heard of this kind of problem before. Did I understand correctly that you cannot re-enter the registration key successfully without uninstalling and reinstalling the game? And if so, do you get some error message when trying to re-enter the registration key? And can you find a file called "User Files\Registration\Registration.cfg" after quitting from the registered version?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 09:55 
Offline

Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 16:28
Posts: 5
Location: Norway
Quote:
I haven't heard of this kind of problem before. Did I understand correctly that you cannot re-enter the registration key successfully without uninstalling and reinstalling the game? And if so, do you get some error message when trying to re-enter the registration key? And can you find a file called "User Files\Registration\Registration.cfg" after quitting from the registered version?


It's correct I cannot re-enter the registration key without uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I get an errormessage reentering the registration key that says there is an error with the registration, please contact support@mediamond.fi.

After I have removed the installation folder i can reinstall and register the game again, and it works just fine. And I can paste my hill records, players and skijumpers directly in to the reinstalled userfiles, and they appear in the reinstalled game.

The file you reffered to, Registraton.cfg is found in the the "User Files\Registration\ folder after quitting the game.

I'm totally lost in this case, and I understand that you too don't understand what's wrong. Maybe it's related to using Windows Vista or a username containing the norwegian letter "å"?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007, 10:05 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2361
Location: Finland
havarfin wrote:
I'm totally lost in this case, and I understand that you too don't understand what's wrong. Maybe it's related to using Windows Vista or a username containing the norwegian letter "å"?


Well, it seems that you are the first one to have this kind of problem and unfortunately I don't have any decent solution for it. As a workaround you could delete the registration.cfg file every time you play and re-enter the registration key each time. I can also cancel the registration and give you a refund on your purchase if you you want it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007, 22:19 
Offline

Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 16:28
Posts: 5
Location: Norway
I'll keep playing the game, no need for canceling my registration. :D

Just let me know if you find a solution for my problem.

havarfin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group