Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Metsi

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Metsi »

Basadoni wrote:
Risen wrote:You basically can't understand, that setting everything easy makes this game like others - play few days and throw away. Just like the training mode, I consider a failure.

But I'm not afraid, because it won't be destroyed that way. We've got a developer with the great taste here.
Sorry, but i cannot understand your point of view. This "searching for a good wind" is an artificial handicap without any sense. The difficulties should be in the game itself and not in the circumstances.
As i've been playing dsj for quite a long time, i have to say that the 'record hunting' has became a kind of challange itself mainly thanks to the whole 'wind searching' thing.
Maybe for new players it's something not easy to understand, but i really enjoy restarting the competition untill i find satisfying wind conditions ;)
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

Metsi wrote:As i've been playing dsj for quite a long time, i have to say that the 'record hunting' has became a kind of challange itself mainly thanks to the whole 'wind searching' thing.
Maybe for new players it's something not easy to understand, but i really enjoy restarting the competition untill i find satisfying wind conditions ;)
i play dsj for many years too you are right its really kinda challenge
but one day it starts to get really annoying to me and i think i am not the only one :wink:

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
tdxpdawid

Post by tdxpdawid »

Mr. Jussi wants that the players waited for the stairs. it be photo.
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

Metsi wrote:
Basadoni wrote:
Risen wrote:You basically can't understand, that setting everything easy makes this game like others - play few days and throw away. Just like the training mode, I consider a failure.

But I'm not afraid, because it won't be destroyed that way. We've got a developer with the great taste here.
Sorry, but i cannot understand your point of view. This "searching for a good wind" is an artificial handicap without any sense. The difficulties should be in the game itself and not in the circumstances.
As i've been playing dsj for quite a long time, i have to say that the 'record hunting' has became a kind of challange itself mainly thanks to the whole 'wind searching' thing.
I am playing since DSJ 2...and it was always time-wasting...
Basdutch

Post by Basdutch »

i think i have a new idea. we can use the camera that they also use in real competitions on tv.
at this moment I use f7 to watch my jumps, but I have to change the camera first, and save it, trying to look as on tv.
the problem is that I can only use it on 1 hill at a time, because every hill as an other tv cam. this results in a lot of work trying to change the camera every time. another problem is the fact there are already 12 cams (and there are only 12f buttons on a keyboard). maybe there is an other key that we can use.
I am also very curious what other people think about this.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

skiflyer11 wrote: but one day it starts to get really annoying to me and i think i am not the only one :wink:
It does annoy and frustrate me also, but that is why after hours and hours of hard work you feel so great when setting a new record.
That's gotta hurt.
OlliT

Post by OlliT »

Zmaster wrote:
skiflyer11 wrote: but one day it starts to get really annoying to me and i think i am not the only one :wink:
It does annoy and frustrate me also, but that is why after hours and hours of hard work you feel so great when setting a new record.
But, on the other hand, not many players have the time or interest to do the same clicks and taps for 2 hours. I'm a fan of the record hunt mode idea aswell, though I'm not sure if it's possible to implement.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Yeah, you're right. It's definitely time-wasting, but what is playing in general, then, if not time wasting? What does waste of time mean anyway? Deep philosophy.

Your proposal is about convenience, we love convenience, convenience likes to weaken us physically and mentally. I'm just warning, that the game would lose next important piece after the training mode has possibility to jump over the green line.
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Risen wrote:Yeah, you're right. It's definitely time-wasting, but what is playing in general, then, if not time wasting? What does waste of time mean anyway? Deep philosophy.

Your proposal is about convenience, we love convenience, convenience likes to weaken us physically and mentally. I'm just warning, that the game would lose next important piece after the training mode has possibility to jump over the green line.
I never wrote that but yeah, adjustable gates in trainig mode killed most of the fun here. It was always nice to wonder 'how far can one go on this hill or on that hill'. Now it's not such a big challange i must say.
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

I have little suggestion about flying style: it could be little more agressive, jumper could lay on the skis more.
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

Dydux666 wrote:I have little suggestion about flying style: it could be little more agressive, jumper could lay on the skis more.
i think the style is fine :)
many jumpers from the world cup do have a not so agressive style too like
schlierenzauer or stoch :wink:

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
Aerotal

Post by Aerotal »

Wind should affect to the jumper sideways too, not just back and front. If there's 2 m/s wind from the side, jumper could lose his balance. If Jussi will add that, we need also to be able to control the jumper sideways. That could happen with moving the mouse left or right. I think that the wind shouldnt affect too dramatically (jumpers shouldnt fall because of that), but it could make this game a little bit challenging. If you kept your jumper in a good balance, you will fly longer and land easier. It would make this game even more realistic.
lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica »

Aerotal wrote:Wind should affect to the jumper sideways too, not just back and front. If there's 2 m/s wind from the side, jumper could lose his balance. If Jussi will add that, we need also to be able to control the jumper sideways. That could happen with moving the mouse left or right. I think that the wind shouldnt affect too dramatically (jumpers shouldnt fall because of that), but it could make this game a little bit challenging. If you kept your jumper in a good balance, you will fly longer and land easier. It would make this game even more realistic.
jussi sayd that wind from different positions could be possible :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

It's not possible to use the different mouse axis to control two different aspects of the flight (at least it was way too difficult for me). Whenever you tried to adjust one of them the other one got messed up.
Gutek70

Post by Gutek70 »

Aerotal wrote:Wind should affect to the jumper sideways too, not just back and front. If there's 2 m/s wind from the side, jumper could lose his balance. If Jussi will add that, we need also to be able to control the jumper sideways. That could happen with moving the mouse left or right. I think that the wind shouldnt affect too dramatically (jumpers shouldnt fall because of that), but it could make this game a little bit challenging. If you kept your jumper in a good balance, you will fly longer and land easier. It would make this game even more realistic.
Or let Jussi still give you a star from the sky! DSJ 4 is the best game in jumping! I propose to calm down!
Last edited by Gutek70 on 23 Mar 2012, 22:27, edited 3 times in total.
Gram tylko online - I only play online!!!