Promote off season play

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
MikesCZ

Promote off season play

Post by MikesCZ »

Every year after TDD players go away from DSJ online and most of them return in the winter, which in a way mimics IRL ski jumping. This is a computer game though, so there is no reason to not motivate players to play all year. People play all kinds of games all year. They don't stop playing NHL on PS when the Stanley cup is over...

Some ideas:
1. create summer TDD-style series.
2. promote play in other ways besides $$$ prizes - such as introducing meaningful leaderboards so that players could have something to grind for and achieve something. Basically give players more reason to launch the game, go online and jump with others.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Xinitiao

Re: Promote off season play

Post by Xinitiao »

3. Let me buy an online server with the ability to put any* hills I want on it :wink:

*Any meaning especially unverified ones, or even better, directly from .xml on my hard drive, without going through the dsj24.pl site
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
MikesCZ

Re: Promote off season play

Post by MikesCZ »

Xinitiao wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 21:40 3. Let me buy an online server with the ability to put any* hills I want on it :wink:

*Any meaning especially unverified ones, or even better, directly from .xml on my hard drive, without going through the dsj24.pl site
Oh yeah. Give me ability to schedule my own tournament series and it's all good :)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!