Official Mediamond Discord Server

General discussion about DSJ4.

Do you want to see Deluxe Ski Jump official discord server?

Yes!
73%
No :(
27%

Total votes: 15

Aleks_124

Official Mediamond Discord Server

Post by Aleks_124 »

Recently, DSJ FANS and other players (there's many) want to not be on fan-made servers of Deluxe Ski Jump, but be in official server! If you like this topic, you can support this topic 8)
SoBo

Re: Official Mediamond Discord Server

Post by SoBo »

As everyone knows the simplest and fastest contact option is Discord.Jussi should have made a server like this a long time ago, but as in life, It is never too late.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Aleks_124

Post by Aleks_124 »

yeah :)
Siatko

Post by Siatko »

Making servers that are going to have a lot of conflict in them anyway because there is a very visible division in the community makes no sense. Why start a new server that is doomed to fail. I am against it.
Siatko

Post by Siatko »

Plus, the forum is extremely stable. It has held up for almost 20 years, things have always been resolved there, and discord? A couple of so called raids, server submissions and the server will collapse. And besides, as I wrote before, conflicts would destroy this server after a few weeks. Even if it was official.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

You write well 20 years ago :lol: :lol: We have 2023, even grandparents remember the times of "forum".We need to develop, you have to start from the ground up,simple.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Aleksy

Post by Aleksy »

Official Discord server for Deluxe Ski Jump 4 should created much earlier, when realised 1.7 or 1.8 patch. I think it is great idea because community could came to one official serwer, not two or more Deluxe Ski Jump 4 servers.
Siatko

Post by Siatko »

Yes, it is worth going with the times, but as I have already written. The forum is stable, maybe outdated, but stable. Discord is not like that. And besides, the discord fashion has already been around for many years, and somehow we live on the forum and hardly anyone bothers with it, why change it?
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Siatko wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 13:17 Making servers that are going to have a lot of conflict in them anyway because there is a very visible division in the community makes no sense. Why start a new server that is doomed to fail. I am against it.
^ so much this
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I don't think that I would have enough time to administer the server or to follow / take part into live discussion.
And having a server that's only nominally an official server does not make much point.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Imho even if you had the time, administering such a server would be a massive time waste. Forum is better for constructive discussions anyway ;)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)