Gibbon - #FIX_Gibbon

General discussion about DSJ4.
Garbaty2137

Gibbon - #FIX_Gibbon

Post by Garbaty2137 »

Dear Mr. Jussi Koskela,

We are a team representing the DSJ PL Community, which consists of players of the DSJ4 game. We would like to inform you about a bug in the game, which is called "Gibbon". This bug occurs when a player uses a special combination of keys, which allows them to achieve an illegal, significantly higher score than would be possible under normal conditions.

We are aware that software can contain certain bugs and faulty elements, but we are confident that your team will do everything in its power to fix this bug in the next update. We would be grateful for a prompt response and updating of the game to ensure fair playing conditions for all players.

We also want to draw your attention to the fact that using game bugs to achieve a better score is illegal and unfair to other players who do not have access to such a bug. Therefore, we ask you to take appropriate steps to punish players who use this bug and to consider strengthening game security to avoid similar issues in the future.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to a prompt response and the implementation of necessary actions. If necessary, we are ready to help in any way we can.

Sincerely,

DSJ PL, Community team
Aleks_124

Re: Gibbon - #FIX_Gibbon

Post by Aleks_124 »

gibbon is since 2013, and if it will be fixed, all records would be gone.
Jacek Michalak

Post by Jacek Michalak »

XD cool cheat, I understand that in the nickname 2137 it's some serious team. Gibbon is not a scam, legal thing, no boosters are used. This is from 2013 what is jussi to do with it?
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Nice chatbot use in the OP, too bad it doesnt describe gibbon at all :lol:
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I did earlier a quick experiment how the game would look with anti-gibbon system:
https://www.mediamond.fi/images/dsj4-anti-gibbon.mp4

So, technically it might be possible to prevent the usage of gibbon style, but it has existed for so long, that changing the rules at this point might not be very reasonable. Analyzing all the current PB replays would also require huge amount of computing power.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 13:41 I did earlier a quick experiment how the game would look with anti-gibbon system:

So, technically it might be possible to prevent the usage of gibbon style, but it has existed for so long, that changing the rules at this point might not be very reasonable. Analyzing all the current PB replays would also require huge amount of computing power.
IMO it looks very realistic (except the ski falling off), maybe you can release a version with a checkmark "gibbon on/off" to let players get used to it and just have two record lists, just like it was in dsj3? You could create gibbon on/off online servers too (it'd also give some juicy data about how much advantage gibbon gives (or doesnt) to the player using it :) )

Or just for fun, the version in the video looks like it would be fun to play around with :mrgreen: I remember some time ago, before 1.7 players made videos similar to this on youtube, using CE to produce behavior similar to that.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 13:41 I did earlier a quick experiment how the game would look with anti-gibbon system:

If it's working reliably, then I see no reason not to implement it. As Xinitiao said, there could be two kinds of record lists/online servers, if that's possible.
Gibbon is unrealistic and horrible to look at, I think most players would appreciate if it disappeared, even the ones who use it. Removing it would benefit the game and elevate it to a higher level once again.
Aleks_124

Post by Aleks_124 »

Its nice to see gibbon removing, but recorded video makes me laugh too :lol:
Aleks_124

Post by Aleks_124 »

With replays - Just delete replays with gibbon
Aleks_124

Post by Aleks_124 »

And second, with "existing gibbon for 10 years" - On your place, I will not be afraid, because it will be last cheat to eliminate :wink:
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

After 12 years you have come to a conslusion that "anti-gibbon" system is possible to be implemented into the game? Very fast reaction :D

For 12 years I did nothing about it and now "it has existed for so long" that there is no sense to change anything :lol:
Aleks_124

Post by Aleks_124 »

Lechoo wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 20:33

After 12 years you have come to a conslusion that "anti-gibbon" system is possible to be implemented into the game? Very fast reaction :D

For 12 years I did nothing about it and now "it has existed for so long" that there is no sense to change anything :lol:
I did know gibbon for long time, but I didn't except that recorded video by Jussi was too good
Milosz Michalak

Post by Milosz Michalak »

Dangerous Dave wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 18:13

If it's working reliably, then I see no reason not to implement it. As Xinitiao said, there could be two kinds of record lists/online servers, if that's possible.
Gibbon is unrealistic and horrible to look at, I think most players would appreciate if it disappeared, even the ones who use it. Removing it would benefit the game and elevate it to a higher level once again.
It's even a good idea
PEAK:1978
TL OFFLINE:3560.47-First place in the world
TL ONNLINE:3539,75-First place in the world
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Aleks_124 wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 20:29With replays - Just delete replays with gibbon
There are millions of replays to verify... :roll:
Aleks_124

Post by Aleks_124 »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 21:19
Aleks_124 wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 20:29With replays - Just delete replays with gibbon
There are millions of replays to verify... :roll:
if you want to, I'll help with this :)