Online changes

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.

Whether the changes described above are needed to be implemented

1.Yes
90%
2.No
5%
3.That's bad idea
5%

Total votes: 21

SoBo

Online changes

Post by SoBo »

I've been wondering for a long time, after so many updates a lot of work put in, whether by the players or by the Jussi, this game doesn't attract people as much as it has potential, i'm talking about Online game,myself just contacted Jussi many times, we wrote about it i gave him my suggestions, but still nothing, that the reason so i'm writing here.In my opinion DSJ 4 Online needs a few "minor changes" to attract more people, "IT HAS GIVEN FUN TO PLAY",and it's quite the opposite.In this thread i will skip it completely about the hills, because in my opinion same Gorisek and Jussi they focused on adding hundreds of hills forgetting one thing "game playability" which is at a very low level.I will now list the things that should change in Online :

1.Wind Conditions : We're dealing with backwinds or only crosswinds, high gate, and when we find front Wind with the WR gate wind power in 70% is less then 1.6/1,7 m/s, which is frustrating for the player.

Arguments: The player join to the game to enjoy the game, in this case it expects cool wind conditions, gets constant winds in the back and exits Online, simple.

2.Daily competitions : The player expects "competition" in the Online game.Adding daily competitions will stabilize many players, many do not play Online "because there is no competition today", so the fill days off as Monday, Tuesday or Friday tournaments expand the number of players.Obviously, the most important competitions are WOT Saturday and Wednesday, or TDD, but the smaller ones are also needed every day.

Arguments: DSJ 4 Online is a game, Online= rivalry, breaking records, competitions, what do we have ? no winds, no daili competitions no players.

I know Jussi's argument, I know it was 2 years ago Gorisek they suggested not to break records, because gibbon, this has been introduced to Online, and how am i wrong, and I'm not wrong because Winczaszek, Karciarz, or Sylwestrzuk repeatedly expressed their desire for such changes, by the time 24 Official DSJ Hills we had no less like 2 WR winds, in Q 1.9/2.0, in first round 2.1/2.2 but in in the third series front wind was verry offen 2.4/2.5, and now has a strength of 1.4, and still answer no wind Changes Br.Jussi, so if you dodn't change nothing, is time fix it because it broke itself :wink:

Let the players vote on whether these suggestions can improve the state of the game.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
MikesCZ

Re: Online changes

Post by MikesCZ »

Suggestion: let there be a new cup on every tuesday - Original hills cup, Jussi's hills only, and let this cup to start at 21:00. We need one cup to start later for all the grown up guys with families, who cannot participate at 19 or 20...thx
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
JanK

Post by JanK »

Let's do it. Mainly adding old school competition on original hills would be great (starting from 9 PM 😀).
Name: Jan Kapustka
Tim Davignon

Post by Tim Davignon »

This game need to be more popular. Let's do it! 🤠
TOP3 offline Czech and TOP30 in world TL - 3520m
French roots, but Czech. ForzaCzechDsj.
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

Good idea :)
PEAK: 1842
Patryk Szajer

Post by Patryk Szajer »

I'm behind this, online needs to change to be more attractive to the players
Mariusz Paweł

Post by Mariusz Paweł »

You can compare the online records before the update 1.7.0 yours or mine are up max and mostly to 2019. For 3-5 seasons played (96-160 hills) the winds under skis from 0.0 to 2.0 ( I won't even measure higher) are 2-3 hence the attractiveness of the online game is decreasing, you sent to Jussi my screenshot where it was mentioned to introduce on a free day during the week a competition more interesting like team cup where there are 95% of pols e.g. 2 v 2 3 v 3 4 v 4. Unfortunately the people who keep this game on the thread don't have a voice - and what's sad, they want to help.
I 100% agree with you, the question is whether people can unite in opinion and vote and show how many of us there are, or just read a message to themselves and leave because " I know better ".
Even the players see what is happening on the online tournaments with the conditions practically 3/4 is a tailwind and it's mostly 2.4, and here it's about more frequent 0.5/1.0 under the skis or from the side to arouse the competitiveness of the competition at a high level. And bring more people like when was after update 1.7.0 ( about 350 players on tournaments ).
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

MikesCZ wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 13:53 Suggestion: let there be a new cup on every tuesday - Original hills cup, Jussi's hills only, and let this cup to start at 21:00. We need one cup to start later for all the grown up guys with families, who cannot participate at 19 or 20...thx
I have now setup Old School Tournament with the 24 original hills for Tuesdays at 21.00 CE(S)T!
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 10:21 I have now setup Old School Tournament with the 24 original hills for Tuesdays at 21.00 CE(S)T!
This is great news! Big thanks Jussi :)

Jacek Michalak

Post by Jacek Michalak »

I agree 100%.

There are no good winds in the game.
I think the point of the game is to make it Fun. Dsj4 doesn't have that, Great idea if better straight winds were introduced more often. 2.4.2.5ms.

It would be nice if something changed in the lists of records.
mask

Post by mask »

I think there should be more tournaments. Lots of players are gathering only when there are WOTs, Team Cups, Ski Flying, Specials, etc. Maybe it is a good idea to set up a daily tournament which will be taking place every day?
My proposition (all times are CE(S)T):

Daily tournament (16/24 hills from WOT pool) - every day at 19:00 (On Wednesday and Saturday we can call it WOT warmup) except first Friday of the month when the marathon is held.
Weekly Online Tournament (Regular WOT - 32 hills) - Switch from 19:00 to 20:00 on Wednesday
Ski Flying - Every Monday 20:00
Central European Four (4HT) - Every Monday 21:00
Old School Tournament - Tuesday 21:00
Team Cup/National(odd/even weeks) - Thursday 20:00
Normal Hills Cup - Friday 20:00 (except 1st Friday of the week when maraton is playing)
Marathon - First Friday of the month 19:00 (instead of Daily)
Sunday Special - Sunday 20:00

Personally i think daily tournaments can be a nice idea for those people who don't want to wait until next Wednesday/Saturday to play on Regular WOT.
Last edited by mask on 19 Dec 2022, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

I suggested exactly the same to Jussi, i support 100%
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
JanK

Post by JanK »

Big YES to the idea of mask.
Name: Jan Kapustka
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Why only one tournament on non-real hills? We have so many different hills, why not create same thematic rotating tournaments?
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Since we are talking about making online more popular:

The online ratings can be better utilized. The system is good, but apart from seeing your current rating in the game there is nothing else. In other games you can usually do the following:

- view peak rating
- view current position (like "You are currently ranked 237. in the world, 15. in your country")
- view leaderboards (who is top 3/5/10 worldwide, and/or in your country, what is the top country, etc...)

I know you can get this data on mediamond webpage, but this should be visible in the online game lobby too, to give players little bit more motivation to play more and get better ratings etc.