DSJ4 v1.11.0 will be released on 27th of November, 2022

Official announcements about new features etc.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

DSJ4 v1.11.0 will be released on 27th of November, 2022

Post by Jussi Koskela »

DSJ4 v1.11.0 will be released on 27th of November, 2022.
(Release postponed by two days from the planned November 25th.)

Preliminary list of upcoming changes:

Ski jumper looks & customization
  • Remastered ski jumper 3d model with lots of additional detail
  • Fully customizable ski jumper outfit/face/ski texturing
  • Option to design custom bibs
  • Option to save/load ski jumper outfits
  • Option to choose different outfit for each team member
  • Option to choose between modern and classic sleeve cut
Hill customization
  • Option to define custom tree/building/audience areas
Other changes
  • Minor improvements & bug fixes

Follow us on Instagram to be among the first ones to see additional screenshots!
https://www.instagram.com/mediamond_fi/

Aleks_124

Re: DSJ4 v1.11.0 will be released on 25th of November, 2022

Post by Aleks_124 »

wow that's great :D
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

New update hype! :D
Very nice to see the additional online presence of Mediamond too! :D

I have two questions about the new update:

1) Do the custom textures support transparency like the current ski Mediamond text texture? Because current helmet and siut texture only really work on the white jumper, if you put the in-game color on it the color blends together and it looks rather ugly.
2) Do the "Minor improvements & bug fixes" include ensuring fall lines on original 24 hills are on refd="f" d="0"? If not, please fix it because it really bugs me when the fall line is in a random place, especially in Kuopio and Planica.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Nice :D
This will be fun :D
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Xinitiao wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 13:05 1) Do the custom textures support transparency like the current ski Mediamond text texture? Because current helmet and siut texture only really work on the white jumper, if you put the in-game color on it the color blends together and it looks rather ugly.
2) Do the "Minor improvements & bug fixes" include ensuring fall lines on original 24 hills are on refd="f" d="0"? If not, please fix it because it really bugs me when the fall line is in a random place, especially in Kuopio and Planica.
1) Color setting will be disabled for the custom textures. I'll still have to make few decisions about the details. Goggle texture e.g. has alpha transparency supported so that it's possible to see the eyes of the ski jumper through the goggles.
2) I'll have a look on this problem.
Aleks_124

Post by Aleks_124 »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 13:14
Xinitiao wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 13:05 1) Do the custom textures support transparency like the current ski Mediamond text texture? Because current helmet and siut texture only really work on the white jumper, if you put the in-game color on it the color blends together and it looks rather ugly.
1) Color setting will be disabled for the custom textures. I'll still have to make few decisions about the details. Goggle textures e.g. has alpha transparency supported so that it's possible to see the eyes of the ski jumper through the goggles.
2) I'll have a look on this problem.
eyes of jumper, this will be looks interesting xD
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 13:14 1) Color setting will be disabled for the custom textures. I'll still have to make few decisions about the details.
I guess it will be good enough, it just means we will have to have more texture files for similar repaints.

I just thought about a related issue too - can we have a way to mass upgrade/produce ski jumpers? Because assigning new textures to hundreds or thousands ski jumpers via in-game UI really doesn't sound like much fun :P I would love to see something like a .csv to .xml or .skj converter which lets us define hundreds of jumpers at once via Excel or Libre Office Calc. It would also be really helpful for making i.e CPU packs - just copy the competition results to Excel, drag the CPU stats in the next column and you would be ready to go.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Darien

Post by Darien »

Awesome news, I'm looking forward. :)
Jacek Michalak

Post by Jacek Michalak »

hoho Finally something is going on, Jussi are you planning to do NP on Fridays or on Tuesdays tournaments on 24 official hills?
Krzysiek Polowiec

Post by Krzysiek Polowiec »

I am very excited about the update of ski textures, new jumper model and transparent googles but I have a question. The bib number will have a transparent texture? Beacuse plastron have a e.g big medal on the center and in the World Cup mode numbers change with left-right positions. If bib numbers will have transparent number, I can do this medal in plastron whole and not in bib numbers Image
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

^
Now it will be easy, because you won't be able to edit numbers in graphic editor. They will be configurable in other, much more comfortable, way.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Excellent, a very well-known leader here would say, done, that's the only thing I'm interested in, will there also be a line of the leader in green under the heading, other changes, (minor improvements and corrections)?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Krzysiek Polowiec wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 15:17 I am very excited about the update of ski textures, new jumper model and transparent googles but I have a question. The bib number will have a transparent texture? Beacuse plastron have a e.g big medal on the center and in the World Cup mode numbers change with left-right positions. If bib numbers will have transparent number, I can do this medal in plastron whole and not in bib numbers
You will be able to define the style of the bib as an XML file and add multiple dynamically generated labels to it. You can choose freely the font, position, alignment, angle, color and weight for each label. The game will render the labels directly to the bib texture.
Jagoda8002

Post by Jagoda8002 »

I have a question. If we already start the World Cup in DSJ, and if we change something in the player during the World Cup (for example, some things in the suit or even the color / texture of the skis), will it update on the save with the World Cup?
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 16:57 You will be able to define the style of the bib as an XML file and add multiple dynamically generated labels to it. You can choose freely the font, position, alignment, angle, color and weight for each label. The game will render the labels directly to the bib texture.
Oh my, that is so awesome! What are the dynamic labels? I'm guessing name, country flag, bib number, team 1-4 number...?
Lurker since 2001