Positioning of trees / houses / audience

Discussion about custom hills.
Andrej šunkar

Positioning of trees / houses / audience

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Hello Mr. Jussi, I am interested in the terrain, ie trees and houses. In some hills that have grandstands it is not possible to insert trees because trees appear in the grandstands, is it possible to arrange this somehow because without trees and houses it is very barren?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ideas for hills profiles

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 03 Feb 2022, 19:59 Hello Mr. Jussi, I am interested in the terrain, ie trees and houses. In some hills that have grandstands it is not possible to insert trees because trees appear in the grandstands, is it possible to arrange this somehow because without trees and houses it is very barren?
I have already some code in place that ensures that the spectators and trees (or other buildings) won't overlap the buildings, but there's no way to control these safe areas manually in the hill XML files yet.

Internally the API works now, so that I can enter triangles (x1,z1), (x2, z2), (x3, z3) and the system then won't add buildings, trees or specators on areas covered by those triangles. This could be used as basis in controlling the trees / buildings / audience in the hill XML, too.

The game also won't add trees to less than 20 meters away from the landing hill / inrun and buildings to less than 100 meters away. These values are not configurable at the moment.

It could also be possible to declare the areas using triangles where the buildings / trees / specatators may be placed (instead of negating where they cannot be placed).

I am open for ideas.
Andrej šunkar

Re: Positioning of trees / houses / audience

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Thank you very much for the answer, but I'm still interested in, what you're thinking or are you already working on improving the jumper and I can't get past that, the leading line, green, please?
sneze2r

Post by sneze2r »

That would be great to define areas where buildings can be so it will be more realistic.
If these triangles functionalities are working within the game and if it would be easy to implement in xml then it would be great.

It would be nice to have possibility to define where not to place elements OR in which areas all of the elements must appear, like this (refx refy refz nice to have)

Code: Select all

<trees|houses|blocks...>
    <areas type="exclude|include">
        <area x1="0" z1="9" x2="3" z2="6" x3="8" z3="11" ... refx.. refy... refz/>
        <area x1="55" z1="59" x2="53" z2="65" x3="58" z3="12" ... refx.. refy... refz/>
    </areas>
</trees|houses|blocks>

Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

For spectators x1,y1,z1 etc. would be useful too so that they can be placed on custom structures.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Jussi, when can we expect these updates?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 14:05 Jussi, when can we expect these updates?
I haven't started it yet. I might still release a small update this Spring.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Jussi, any update would be welcome, however small, and whatever you update, I would ask you to really change the color of the leading line, the best would be green-yellow. Since now the k point is red, the size of the hill is red and yet the leading red and we have all the red lines. It would be even better to be able to change the colors yourself, like with a jumper, but I think we would have too much to do with that.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 14:59 I would ask you to really change the color of the leading line, the best would be green-yellow. Since now the k point is red, the size of the hill is red and yet the leading red and we have all the red lines. It would be even better to be able to change the colors yourself, like with a jumper, but I think we would have too much to do with that.
I think my idea is better that anything hardcoded, it's not that much settings to set and everyone would set it exactly as they want
Xinitiao wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 19:58
  • Configurable thickness, width (as % of dhill width) and color of WR, LR, PB, to beat and to advance (to the next round) lines
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)