DSJ 4 how to make new hills

Discussion about custom hills.
gregajonke

DSJ 4 how to make new hills

Post by gregajonke »

greetings

I wonder how I could make new hills myself?

is there any video?
Xinitiao

Re: DSJ 4 how to make new hills

Post by Xinitiao »

https://docs.dsj24.pl/general/introduction.html
And looking at xml of existing hills.
You can also ask for help in the DSJ4 Fans Discord.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Peter27

Post by Peter27 »

I have a question: I tried to use xml notepad 2007 to build hills, I opened in XML notepad one of the existing ski jumps (Canada HS 107), which I already have in the custom hills folder, to learn how to build ski jumps by myself, and then saved it back in the custom hills folder - when I tried to open it, I received a message: invalid file ... unexpected character "<" while reading parameters of <? xml> at line 1.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to create the correct xml file for the game?

Otherwise, I enjoy the new ski jumps that Gorisek bros and everyone else are doing. Great job! :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

DSJ4 hill files must not contain the <?xml ...> declaration in the beginning. They must start straight away with <hill> element.
Peter27

Post by Peter27 »

Dear Jussi, thank you very much for your answer, i am not sure if i understand well - you are talking about this line: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>. this line is generated automatically each time I save the document and i don't know how to change it or delete it ...
-
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Peter27 wrote:Dear Jussi, thank you very much for your answer, i am not sure if i understand well - you are talking about this line: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>. this line is generated automatically each time I save the document and i don't know how to change it or delete it ...
-
You'll probably have to use another editor for writing the file which does not generate that line automatically. I could also later add support for this element.
Peter27

Post by Peter27 »

I have already noticed this myself and used notepad ++. Now it works. Thanks! :)