World Championsip online

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Rubaszify

World Championsip online

Post by Rubaszify »

I have idea about World Championship 2015 in online game. The game would be normal, but with one exception: players would start with accordance with start list, and all player would see jumps of opponents. Every player would jump with 10-second break. One competition would last about 30 minutes. I think it would be the most exciting competition of the season.
MJumper

Re: World Championsip online

Post by MJumper »

Hard to say; it might be either really exciting or really boring. Something like this should be tried out in small scale first to see if its feasible (meaning, there could be a room in online game for this kind of game mode). I think it would work well with maybe up to 10 players but not sure about more than that.

I also don't know how much work this would be for Jussi, but if it's not completely trivial to implement (which I'm guessing it isn't), I don't think he will find it to be worth doing. Still, it's a fun idea, I agree.

By the way, I think it would take longer than 30 minutes. If a jump takes 20 seconds (10 for jump, 10 waiting time between jumps), then a competition with 70 jumpers in qualification will take 20 * (70 + 50 + 30) seconds = 50 minutes. Taken into account also that people can also wait for wind up to 10 seconds (average probably a lot less of course, but I think people would windwait in a competition like this), the total time might exceed an hour.

Actually, I'd probably prefer a version where there are more hills (maybe each hill once) and everyone sees only the jumps of the last 10 or 5 jumpers in second round. That way you see all the "important" jumps while still getting some jumping time (and you won't feel so bad when everyone sees your 117m fall in Planica in qualification of the first and only hill :lol:).