Ideas for improvements

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Janiel74

Re: Competition nunber

Post by Janiel74 »

Vid wrote:I've got another small but useful idea for the next DSJ version.

In general classification it would be nice to see the column with number of competitions a player has done in whole season (up to 32, of course). This would be nice because it would give a better perspective of players' current form.
Lots of good players enter the season somewhere in the middle of it, but I noticed that they almost inevitably quickly progress rapidly up the season ranking.

If the new DSJ version will include the feature that WC points of one player stay even if he leaves the game (which would be really great and also fair), this idea would fit in even more, though even now you can approximately see how good a player has been in this season by just looking on his/her rating...
Yes, totally agree. I was also thinking about that!
Janiel74

Clock

Post by Janiel74 »

Often I look for a clock CET time in the game..This would also great to implement.Perhaps rigt bottom or so..
And also time of competition...
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Online world cup points list. Always Top-30 from the final (ending) results of scheduled big tournament would get them.

(tulisi entisestään lisä-arvoa turnauksiin ja kärjen takana oleville sijoituksillekin tulisi aivan uusi merkitys, jolloin tuskin monikaan top-30:ssä majaileva hyppääjä ainakaan vapaaehtoisesti poistuisi kesken turnauksen.)

I know that we already have enough lists but still it would be quite fun. :)
Vik

Post by Vik »

We can create this lists on our own. We have to make screenshots after competition, and then just create a webdatabase, where we fill in the resutls, so the Top30 of a tournament gain the points....

I think that's not the problem...

It's better, that we create the tournaments on our own,... , heh? What do you think?
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

Spectactors, Trees, Jumpers and reporters on hill tower...
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

We can create this lists on our own. We have to make screenshots after competition, and then just create a webdatabase, where we fill in the resutls, so the Top30 of a tournament gain the points....
Good idea. I think that Jussi has already made enough "official" lists so it's better if we do this on our own.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Regarding this list... How about a logging feature? It would be cool if you could log results from each hill.
Severin

Post by Severin »

dzamper wrote:Spectactors, Trees, Jumpers and reporters on hill tower...
oh come on, this are things which haven't to do anything with the game itself...
What's the use of it? DSJ was never about just looking good, one can play RTL Skispringen if he wants to have something like that...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

In online mode, make the Ready-button flash so that people don't forget to push it.

Edit: Or make it enough that 90 % of players are "Ready".

Also, green light should only be on for 10 seconds.
jordbru

Post by jordbru »

Edit: Or make it enough that 90 % of players are "Ready".
That is a really good idea, it is to often that its one or two players who allways "forget" to push ready, and that is pretty anoing.
You could minimize a world cup with almost a half hour with that system.
Audun

Post by Audun »

Ye, good idea, somethimes people just forget it.
Vid

Post by Vid »

When the season is over, there should be more time to look at the final results, possibly even saving them. 15 seconds is not closely enough for satisfaction after completing an hour and a half long season :)
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
zonaren

Post by zonaren »

Vid wrote:When the season is over, there should be more time to look at the final results, possibly even saving them. 15 seconds is not closely enough for satisfaction after completing an hour and a half long season :)
i agree with that
Audun

Post by Audun »

zonaren wrote:
Vid wrote:When the season is over, there should be more time to look at the final results, possibly even saving them. 15 seconds is not closely enough for satisfaction after completing an hour and a half long season :)
i agree with that
And so do I.
Vik

Post by Vik »

:lol: agree :lol: