National Team Tournament/Cup

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Thomas

National Team Tournament/Cup

Post by Thomas »

I don't know if the technical challenges will be to hard to swallow, but it would be fun if we could have competitions with teams. Playing on a team tends to bring out the best in people, so we might push eachother to do better with plain ol' team spirit.

If it's possible to carry out such a competition, then I suggest that the teams are automatically formed by online rating. E.g. the four highest rated players from Poland would form POL1 while the next four are POL2. If the number of players from one country is not a factor of four, then the remainder is either left out, or they form mixed teams with player from other countries.

The cups, or tournaments, should be quite short with only 4-8 hills. A 32 hills cup wouldn't work well, since teams would be broken up due to people leaving.
Vik

Post by Vik »

I've got another idea: There are perhaps 90 players from 10 different nations on a server. Then there's at first a quali-round, in which all players can jump. The fourth best players of a nation (must be min.4, otherwise they have no team and they must wait and can only jump in quali-round) in this quali will play for their own nation team. On next hill just again. And all others, which are not qualified have to wait and watch results...

If there are not 4 players of a nation, this nation has no team to start, so, they have to wait after the quali round, too, like the players who don't qualifi for their teams.... understandable? your opinion?

?Online Teamrating?
Audun

Post by Audun »

Very good idea Thomas, not knowing much of how to make games, but I guess it will be hard to do it. Anyway, would've been great.
Last edited by Audun on 02 Jun 2007, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Audun wrote:Very good idea Torstein, not knowing much of how to make games, but I guess it will be hard to do it. Anyway, would've been great.
Thank you, Arne :wink:
Audun

Post by Audun »

Thomas wrote:
Audun wrote:Very good idea Torstein, not knowing much of how to make games, but I guess it will be hard to do it. Anyway, would've been great.
Thank you, Arne :wink:
Whoops, I should have payed more attention when we learned to read at school, won't happen again :wink: