Tour de DSJ

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.

Would you like a Tour de DSJ?

Poll ended at 17 Mar 2008, 12:25

Yes, absolutely, I will participate!
81%
No, are you kidding, I actually got a life!
12%
I don't know...
8%

Total votes: 26

Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Nice Jussi.

To me cup points and jumping points are both fine. I'm satisfied what ever will be decided.

I think first Tour De DSJ should be arranged soon, because when ski jumping-season ends in the middle of March, some players will disappear. It's best level now.
Vid

Post by Vid »

I suggest that we have the first tournament of this kind right after the end of winter DSJ season. That's the week from 17th -23rd of March. We could do it one week earlier also, but if we do, then the competitions should be scheduled so they do not interfere with last two competitions of winter DSJ season. Anyway, Jussi, I think you'll have to be the one to fix the final date, but my advice is better to announce this competition a few weeks in advance.

I'm personally more in favor of Cup points' calculation - because there will be lots and lots of competitions so the points calculation favors the players who participate in every competition way too much. Check this year's 4 hills tournament - Dejan Sitar won it, but if we'd count the jump points as in real 4 hills tournament, he wouldn't come even close to top three, because he missed the first competition. Cup points system still allows players who can't make it 6 or 7 days in a row (and I think there will be quite a lot of them) to be ranked high at the end of the week, if they jump really good.

As for the calculations, I'll try to jump every competition, but if I'm not able to be there, I'd like someone to gather all the stats that day and then send it to me, so I can process them. Maybe Bernhard or Jani could assist me?
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
Bernhard Birkeland

Post by Bernhard Birkeland »

I can assist with the counting of the scores, if someone else can take the printing to the forum, i'm not very into pc stuff :oops:
BB2
Vid

Post by Vid »

i can do the printing BB :wink:
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Vid wrote: I'm personally more in favor of Cup points' calculation - because there will be lots and lots of competitions so the points calculation favors the players who participate in every competition way too much. Check this year's 4 hills tournament - Dejan Sitar won it, but if we'd count the jump points as in real 4 hills tournament, he wouldn't come even close to top three, because he missed the first competition. Cup points system still allows players who can't make it 6 or 7 days in a row (and I think there will be quite a lot of them) to be ranked high at the end of the week, if they jump really good.
That's true. And also: if we count jump points, then big hills would be much more important than small ones. I also give my vote to cup points.
Bernhard Birkeland

Ok, I agree with cup points:)
BB2
Kjell Arild Korbøl

Post by Kjell Arild Korbøl »

If Bernhard does the counting and Vid does the printing.. I will do the jumping.. hehe

I agree about counting cup-points..
Looking forward to this.. :D
Bernhard Birkeland

I would also like support on the counting part;)
BB2
roman13

Post by roman13 »

I think absolultly cup-points!!!!! :D
but we can make a voting
mis

Post by mis »

Kjell Arild Korbøl wrote:If Bernhard does the counting and Vid does the printing.. I will do the jumping.. hehe

Fair enough.
I'll take care of the stylepoints :lol:
Windwaiters will be punished even harder than non-telemarks :twisted:
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Ok, the scoring will be according to the cup points and the tournament is preliminary scheduled to March 17th - 23rd.
roman13

Post by roman13 »

from 17-23 march is first tour dsj3????
Bernhard Birkeland

17th to 23rd of march, thats the date??
BB2
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Bernhard Birkeland wrote:17th to 23rd of march, thats the date??
I have now made an official announcement about it at:
http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=491
Bernhard Birkeland

with cup points, that mean that the maximum score is 600 points? correct me if i'm wrong:)
BB2