mlody5

Re: Johan Remen Evensen has retired!!!

Post by mlody5 »

Maybe article in english? ;)
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

thats just a pity :(

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
Andreasfe

Post by Andreasfe »

mlody5 wrote:Maybe article in english? ;)
Google translate :wink:
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

OMG, it has got a mistakes :/
sandvik

Post by sandvik »

Google tranclate :D

(AP) Johan Remen Evensen (26) can not bear to squeeze the body more, and put up with immediate effect. - I've tried everything, but the body has had enough, says the man with the world's longest jump.

He has never hidden the fact that the season's major goals has been the World Cup in skiflygning. Today it became clear that 26-year-old was among the five drawn, but it was Evensen himself who made the decision. He was in fact promised a place in the squad by national coach Alexander Stöckl. Read also: Scheie: - It is a pity - After Saturday's race, I decided that enough was enough. I am the first to say that I am not good enough to take a spot from someone else, says Remen Evensen at a press conference today. - It's a tough decision, but that's how it is. The heaviest is actually leaving the guys - it not to be left on a trip longer, explains clearly touched Remen Evensen.

Would not destroy memories

Weak in the world cup and the training has long meant that it has been really doubt Remen Evensen would get the chance to participate in Skiflying Championships in Vikersund. Last year he set the world record in the same ground with incredible 246.5 meters. - I had the dream of being able to get to Vikersund in the World Cup and repeat my business from last year. I was very set on it, and worked bone hard all summer and winter. As you have noticed that things have not worked.

Johan Remen Evensen emphasizes that he has long had trouble getting down on the weight he thinks is best to act as a ski jumper. - I have and have always had a "gymnast body", and been a little more muscular than is optimal in ski jumping. Muscle weighs more than many, and it has gone much beyond my everyday life in terms of profit since I've had to squeeze as much as I have had. This year I pushed myself more than ever this year unless it has worked. Remen Evensen said he has received all possible help of the National Olympic Committee and all available expertise. - If my genes do not change tomorrow, I have taken a right decision, says Remen Evensen and comes with the following conclusion after having received three World Cup silver in laghopping. Olympic bronze in laghopping and one individual victory in the World Cup.

- My career has been a million times bigger than what I thought of my body.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Pussy, everybody have a bad season. He can try a Vikersund and if he fail he can finish a career . :)
TPo

Post by TPo »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Pussy, everybody have a bad season. He can try a Vikersund and if he fail he can finish a career . :)
No, he can't.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Urbs

Post by Urbs »

Right decision!
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Pussy, everybody have a bad season. He can try a Vikersund and if he fail he can finish a career . :)
MAAAAAN! Admir, can't you understand? It's not bad shape for moment, he's got VERY BIG problems with weight! He is getting fat (for ski jumper) and he can't lose more of this weight.

Next time try thinking before writing... :roll:
Mario Kickmayer 2

Post by Mario Kickmayer 2 »

Dydux666 wrote:MAAAAAN! Admir, can't you understand? It's not bad shape for moment, he's got VERY BIG problems with weight! He is getting fat (for ski jumper) and he can't lose more of this weight.
No, he is getting too muscular for an ski jumper...

Its very hard to see, that one of the 2 record hunters of last season will not come back on this hill. So i have to delete one of my favourite jumpers from the jumper-folder :|
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Yeah body getting muscular by themself. Blah dont tell stupid things. Not my problem but thats his decision.
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Yeah body getting muscular by themself. Blah dont tell stupid things. Not my problem but thats his decision.
Evensen has a relatively muscular body type and he struggled with it his entire career. He told this season he's tried harder to meet the weight regulations than ever before, but it wasn't working.
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Mario Kickmayer 2 wrote:
Dydux666 wrote:MAAAAAN! Admir, can't you understand? It's not bad shape for moment, he's got VERY BIG problems with weight! He is getting fat (for ski jumper) and he can't lose more of this weight.
No, he is getting too muscular for an ski jumper...

Its very hard to see, that one of the 2 record hunters of last season will not come back on this hill. So i have to delete one of my favourite jumpers from the jumper-folder :|
Not my bad, but that's some polish article's mistake...

Who's the second of the record hunters?
Mario Kickmayer

Post by Mario Kickmayer »

Dydux666 wrote:Who's the second of the record hunters?
Who WAS the second...

Schlierenzauer. Koch and Happonen had much more speed at their longest jumps.