Jussi, some new ideas...

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Michael

Jussi, some new ideas...

Post by Michael »

I don't know if anyone has suggested these before, but I still give you some ideas:

To give us more options to make jumpers we like, is it impossible to put some kind of BMI/height/weight system that allows us to make longer jumpers that can be fat or underweight or whatever? Of course, the skis will automatically become longer or shorter when the BMI changes. This is important part of real ski jumping and should be also in the best ski jumping game ever... Also it would be nice to have female model and different skin colors. I know it isn't probably possible to put any kind of ''custom face'' thing that would allow us to create a player we want to, like in NHL or Godfather games :) That's too hard maybe...

Some graphical options:

The lift on the other side of the hill, maybe a moving lift with some jumpers going up if possible?

The wind nets on the sides of hills, where they actually are located. I know this might be problem when jumped with some views, but I suggest you to make these things optional that can be unchecked from the options menu.

Also if someone suggested this already, it would be nice to have different flying styles in the game. This would make the game more realistic...

And what about some simple ''hooray!'' thing that would be possible by hitting a button? :) It would be nice to do this after long jump... It doesn't have to be too complicated, maybe just hand(s) up by hitting a button and down when you release the button...

If you can, please answer and tell me what of those are possible things in some incoming versions :)
Maekikotka

Re: Jussi, some new ideas...

Post by Maekikotka »

Great ideas Michael!

Also it would be nice to have some fourhills (Vierschanzentournee) and Nordic Tournament option to offline game. Also olympic games and World Championships in realistic places would be nice. Maybe some career mode to offline game where you start from some point (example 1992 Albertville) in some age and jump trough the years in world cup, olympic games, world championship and ski flying world championships in realistic dates along the years. Maybe someday :)
USKOTKO MÄKIKOTKIIN?

bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

Michael wrote:I don't know if anyone has suggested these before, but I still give you some ideas:

To give us more options to make jumpers we like, is it impossible to put some kind of BMI/height/weight system that allows us to make longer jumpers that can be fat or underweight or whatever? Of course, the skis will automatically become longer or shorter when the BMI changes. This is important part of real ski jumping and should be also in the best ski jumping game ever... Also it would be nice to have female model and different skin colors. I know it isn't probably possible to put any kind of ''custom face'' thing that would allow us to create a player we want to, like in NHL or Godfather games :) That's too hard maybe...

Some graphical options:

The lift on the other side of the hill, maybe a moving lift with some jumpers going up if possible?

The wind nets on the sides of hills, where they actually are located. I know this might be problem when jumped with some views, but I suggest you to make these things optional that can be unchecked from the options menu.

Also if someone suggested this already, it would be nice to have different flying styles in the game. This would make the game more realistic...

And what about some simple ''hooray!'' thing that would be possible by hitting a button? :) It would be nice to do this after long jump... It doesn't have to be too complicated, maybe just hand(s) up by hitting a button and down when you release the button...

If you can, please answer and tell me what of those are possible things in some incoming versions :)

This would require to completly rework the physics in the game. Tons of work, very very much. Same as different styles of flying.
m00nchile

Post by m00nchile »

bulwa11 wrote:
Michael wrote:I don't know if anyone has suggested these before, but I still give you some ideas:

Some graphical options:

This would require to completly rework the physics in the game. Tons of work, very very much. Same as different styles of flying.
It has been suggested before, that the model that's used now could be invisible, and the custom model/flying style be visible. The physics would be still calculated on the invisible model and jumping wouldn't be affected. I wouldn't mind a more face between skis style, I just find it more appealing.