Who has tried a real ski jump?

General discussion about DSJ3.
CarGuy

Post by CarGuy »

passlake wrote:hey carguy:

I did a lot of nordic combined back in the early 90's.. I medalled in the canadian junior championships for a good couple years!! jumped thunder bay, calgary, banff, duluth, cloquet, minneapolis, and St. Paul... most of those being around the k50 mark (outside of calgary, I hit the big hills!!).

You'll be sad to know that Big Thunder has been lying dormant since the 95 world nordic championships! :(
Good to hear from you passlake! Congrats on your podiums.

Lol! I was always too lazy for nordic combined. You guys are machines. 8) :)

T-Bay was an awesome complex. I had great fun jumping there. Calgary was built after I stopped jumping. Looks like a fun hill - but the wind is tricky I hear.
CarGuy

Re: Skispring

Post by CarGuy »

skispring247 wrote:I am from the US and i actually ski jumped for 8 years strictly in the US. Had success as a kid winning a variety of tournaments but stopped jumping to go to college last year. :)
Hey skispring247. It's the same story with me. I went to University and had to quit ski jumping. :( At least I have DSJ to remind me of my ski jumping days though... :)

Cheers!
CarGuy

Post by CarGuy »

dzamper wrote:I don't have posibility to try ski jumping, because closest hill is about 100 kilometers from my home :roll:
I'm sorry to hear you don't have access to a jump hill. I used to make my own little HS5 jumps. :lol: If you have xc skis, just build a small jump and go for it. It's lots of fun!
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

I'm built a HS 0,5m jump (because I don't have higher hill :lol: ) and my best jump is about 0,3 m in paper box (because I not have skies ).

Parameters:
Inrun angle: 35 deg.
Inrun lenght: 3,5m
Takeoff angle: 2 deg.
Takeoff height: 0,3 m
Landing angle: -3 deg.
JonKimball14

Post by JonKimball14 »

I am a junior ski jumper in the United States and am on the Junior Olympic Ski Jumping Team