How about DSJ 4 ???

General discussion about DSJ3.
amcia1988

How about DSJ 4 ???

Post by amcia1988 »

We all know about the new release of DSJ3 (1.6). But if I don't play online I realy see no changes. Lot's of people asked why aren't there any graphical changes. I have a question to you Jussi. Can we (players) expect DSJ4 ?? You are telling that you don't want to add any graph extras because you want people with older computers to have chance to play DSJ3. But time runs very fast :) Allmost everyone can play f.ex. Ski Jumping 2005. (Try to compare it's graphics to DSJ3...). I know about all this marketing stuff but.. realy... the time for next generation has realy come. I supose that all the DSJ community will agree...
Please.. just give us a hope...
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How about DSJ 4 ???

Post by Jussi Koskela »

amcia1988 wrote:We all know about the new release of DSJ3 (1.6). But if I don't play online I realy see no changes. Lot's of people asked why aren't there any graphical changes. I have a question to you Jussi. Can we (players) expect DSJ4 ?? You are telling that you don't want to add any graph extras because you want people with older computers to have chance to play DSJ3. But time runs very fast :) Allmost everyone can play f.ex. Ski Jumping 2005. (Try to compare it's graphics to DSJ3...). I know about all this marketing stuff but.. realy... the time for next generation has realy come. I supose that all the DSJ community will agree...
Please.. just give us a hope...
I haven't said that there won't be any more graphical improvements, but you have to remember that Deluxe Ski Jump is being developed by a one-man-company whereas Ski Jumping 2005 was made by a group of 35 developers, so it is impossible to compete in the brilliance of graphics. DSJ has instead been always about excellent playability with realistic physics and intense feeling of flying, something which only few ski jumping games have been able to capture so far...
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

Visited the website of Willingen, where I am on leave for the yearly jumping. They have a virtual online version of their hill. http://www.weltcup-willingen.de/joomla/ ... Itemid=173

No great Shader-graphics, but well looking.
What I would like - concerning this topic - is simulation of in reality existing Worldcup hills. I am sure there are a lot of people who run such a hill and would like this as an gratis promotion without charging any fees or so. E.g. Willingen
Additionally you could add some objects to make it look even more realistic. One would probably not have to improve the engine itself. Just a few extra objects. Have you ever thought about this?
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

I'm also a game developer and I also make my games all by my self. It is realy not a problem for a programmer to add f.ex. snow (simple particle system) or night competition. You don't need 35 people to add this sort of extras...
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

amcia1988 wrote:I'm also a game developer and I also make my games all by my self. It is realy not a problem for a programmer to add f.ex. snow (simple particle system) or night competition. You don't need 35 people to add this sort of extras...
Sure, but it won't change DSJ3 to DSJ4 if only few minor graphical tricks are implemented. It's the custom 3D modelling of the surroundings for each hill which takes man power and is out of scope for a small company like mine.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

sunset_rider wrote:What I would like - concerning this topic - is simulation of in reality existing Worldcup hills. I am sure there are a lot of people who run such a hill and would like this as an gratis promotion without charging any fees or so. E.g. Willingen
Additionally you could add some objects to make it look even more realistic. One would probably not have to improve the engine itself. Just a few extra objects. Have you ever thought about this?
As said in my previous posting, it would be really burdensome to model the surroundings according to real world terrain and buildings.
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

Yes, surely, but that would be a nice project for future version of DSJ. One hill after the other.
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

What I ment was small changes in DSJ3. Haven't you thought about developing Mediamond?? F.ex. to employ graphic modelers or programmers. If you could connect nice looking graph engine and phisics from DSJ3 you colud create the best game about Ski Jumping in the world (despite the fact that DSJ3 is the best ski jumping game:) )
Yann

Post by Yann »

hi I'm Jean-Louis Thorimbert (in the game).

Please never develop mediamond! It's a good bargained game and I want it to be that way...
On the other hand, benevols could be employed, if it is necessary.