Is this allowed or not?

General discussion about DSJ4.
RamGuy

Is this allowed or not?

Post by RamGuy »

So I just had a challenge between me and some friends in Deluxe Ski Jump 4 BETA2 whereas I had such a huge lead that I barley needed any points on my last jump to win the whole cup.
I decided to do a funny jump by taking of quite some time before reaching the edge of the jump resulting in my jumper actually "hitting" the inrun before leaving the jump.

I still managed to get a fair 80 or so meters resulting in me winning the whole cup but they keep complaining about this as my jump should have been registered as 0m as I'm actually jumping and hitting the ground before even leaving the jump aka 0m.
As you get 0m by falling in the inrun instead of getting the length of when your jumper actually hits the ground after falling of the edge they claim that I should have gotten 0m here as well.

I know this is a fairly silly discussion but nevertheless we still want and answer on this.
I've uploaded a practise replay about the matter here: http://www.mediafire.com/?4hvu09g9a16pcrh

As I didn't save the replay of the actual jump where it was more obvious that hit the inrun before leaving the edge, you could clearly see my jumper somewhat "bouncing" before reaching the edge of the jump my practice replay doesn't show it quite as obvious but you still get the whole idea.

So I have gotten 0m and lost the challenge or is this legit?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is this allowed or not?

Post by Jussi Koskela »

According the rules: "The distance to be awarded is measured from the edge of the takeoff to the point where the jumper touches the landing slope".