DSJ3 Marathon

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.

Do you want to play a dsj3 marathon?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 30

Bernhard Birkeland

DSJ3 Marathon

Post by Bernhard Birkeland »

Hi Jussi!
I would like to come with an idea about a dsj3 marathon.
A tournament that can be played once a month or so and will work llike this; We play the normal WC with 32 hills 5 times after each other and the total score from 160 hills will win. This will take about 5-7 hours and it's a big mental challenge and also a challenge of keeping your skills right :)
Is this something for the future Jussi?
Vid

Post by Vid »

Great idea!

But if it comes true, I would suggest start time at 23.00 CET :)
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DSJ3 Marathon

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Bernhard Birkeland wrote:Hi Jussi!
I would like to come with an idea about a dsj3 marathon.
A tournament that can be played once a month or so and will work llike this; We play the normal WC with 32 hills 5 times after each other and the total score from 160 hills will win. This will take about 5-7 hours and it's a big mental challenge and also a challenge of keeping your skills right :)
I can setup such a marathon tournament if there are enough players willing to participate. But it's not possible to set any special breaks to happen during the tournament, so the only way to take a little rest would be to skip some jumps.

In my opinion once a month would be too often for such a marathon tournament to take place... Or what do you other players think?
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Cool :D Count me in! :lol:
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Nice idea. I'll definitely take part. :)
Audun

Post by Audun »

I'm in too :)

What day and time should we chose then? I think we have to take either saturday or sunday, cause it's not enough time any of the other days...
kumivasara

Post by kumivasara »

That's a great idea, I will definitely participate if I ever possible.

Late Saturday night would be an interesting option for the Marathon contest. There can be even tens of jumpers gaming online 2-4 hours after the weekly Sat tournament so I think the community is relatively well available at that time. The standard Sat night competition would be a nice warm-up before the hard five rounder... Alternatively, we could perhaps have the Marathon contest once a month (or less frequently) as a substitute for the standard weekly Saturday tournament.

Cheers,
Mika
There is no vasara like kumipäävasara - osta kumipää vasara!
Bernhard Birkeland

I support the suggestion of marathon on saturday night:) Saturday night fever!
And also that it can replace the regular tournament on saturday once a month. So the time will be from 8pm to 1 am perhaps :)
Or I think it should be arranged as an early tournament on saturdays or sundays from 12 o'clock.
Maybe top 3 in the marathon can get a big Q in the nest regulair tournament as a price, so they don't have to qualify at all that tournament.?
Bernhard Birkeland

Well, Jussi, how much in % do you need to put a marathon tournament in the dsj3 online menu? :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

***This message contains outdated information***
***The tournament will be arranged on the first Friday of each month at 20.00 CE(S)T***

I have now set up a Marathon Tournament (with 128 hills) to be arranged on the first Saturday of each month at 21.30 CE(S)T.

Thus, the first Marathon Tournaments will take place on:

Saturday June 2nd 21.30 CE(S)T
Saturday July 7th 21.30 CE(S)T
Saturday August 4th 21.30 CE(S)T

I guess that we should still arrange the normal Saturday Tournaments each week as not all the players want to compete for 5 hours in the Marathon Tournament.

It's still possible to adjust the scheduling, so please write your comments here...
Last edited by Jussi Koskela on 17 May 2007, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Audun

Post by Audun »

Nice :)

The only problem for me is the time, it will last untill 02.00-03.00, and that's to late for me I'm afraid... I can join for some hours I guess, but probably not all. Also, wouldn't it maybe be better with friday at 20.00 CET? Then it would last untill about 00.30-01.30, and it's not another tournament the same day...
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Audun wrote: The only problem for me is the time, it will last untill 02.00-03.00, and that's to late for me I'm afraid... I can join for some hours I guess, but probably not all. Also, wouldn't it maybe be better with friday at 20.00 CET? Then it would last untill about 00.30-01.30, and it's not another tournament the same day...
Friday night could be nice as well. Does anybody second that?
Bernhard Birkeland

This is great Jussi!!
For me it doesn't matter what time it's arranged, but off course, there will probably be more people on friday 20:00.

I'm gonna be the marathon king!:)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Bernhard Birkeland wrote: For me it doesn't matter what time it's arranged, but off course, there will probably be more people on friday 20:00.
Ok, I changed it to Friday 20.00 CE(S)T. The first three marathon tournaments will then be arranged on:

Friday June 1st 20.00 CE(S)T
Friday July 6th 20.00 CE(S)T
Friday August 3rd 20.00 CE(S)T
Bernhard Birkeland

very good Jussi, I'll post it in the dsj3 group on facebook.com :)