Andreas Kuettel and Adam Malysz end their careers!

Discussion about ski jumping.
Alan_Cieslar

Andreas Kuettel and Adam Malysz end their careers!

Post by Alan_Cieslar »

Today Andreas Kuttel jumped for the last time. He won few competitions and 2 years ago he won in Liberec on the large hill. In my opinion he was a very funny and happy person and I wish him the best in the future.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Today Adam Malysz announced that this is his last season. Adam was not only a great jumper but he is also a great person. His last jump will be in Zakopane on 26th March where lots of jumpers (including Schilierenzauer & Morgernstern) will compete in a very special event.

DZIEKUJE CI ADAM ZA TO ZE TYLE RADOSCI PRZYNIOSLES NIE TYLKO MI ALE TAKZE INNYM POLAKOM!
MirekPL

;(

Post by MirekPL »

It is very difficult for me.....

;(
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

Uhrmann is retiring aswell in the end of this season. However, the Skijumping world will never be the same without Malysz. There is a reason (actually many ;)) why he is the very best ever. I hope he will be involved in the sport after his active career.

I wonder who to root for next, Kamil?
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

Also, Ahonen confirmed that he will retire (2nd time) this season. He wont participate in Planica so it ends where everything began - Lahti.
Risen

Post by Risen »

EliteAti wrote:I wonder who to root for next, Kamil?
Perhaps, but I also believe in Piotr Żyła. He has incredible will to fight. With good preparation he's able to enter world top 20 or even more. He's young and promising. My favourite polish jumper at the moment.
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
Alan_Cieslar

Post by Alan_Cieslar »

Risen wrote:
EliteAti wrote:I wonder who to root for next, Kamil?
Perhaps, but I also believe in Piotr Żyła. He has incredible will to fight. With good preparation he's able to enter world top 20 or even more. He's young and promising. My favourite polish jumper at the moment.
Piotr Zyla is from my village (Ustron) :D
filip661

Post by filip661 »

I almost cried when I heard that Malysz ends career
Risen

Post by Risen »

EliteAti wrote:Also, Ahonen confirmed that he will retire (2nd time) this season. He wont participate in Planica so it ends where everything began - Lahti.
I have heard that Ahonen will continue until Olympics 2014. His hunger for olympic medal is still edacious. Understandable thing. :) What about Schmitt?

@Alan_Cieslar
Ustroń? If you dare, tell him when you meet him that he already has a fan in Silesia. :wink:
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
Dragorwyin

Post by Dragorwyin »

This is last season of Janne Ahonen and Uhrmann too... Ski jump now will be sucks ;/

So, Adam Małysz, Janne Ahonen, Andreas Küttel and Michael Uhrmann abandon their career. Old masters are moving away from ski jumps, so new era of ski jump will begin.
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

Risen wrote:
EliteAti wrote:Also, Ahonen confirmed that he will retire (2nd time) this season. He wont participate in Planica so it ends where everything began - Lahti.
I have heard that Ahonen will continue until Olympics 2014. His hunger for olympic medal is still edacious. Understandable thing. :) What about Schmitt?
No man, he told press today that his decision to retire was made alot earlier but only now announced to public.

Schmitt wont retire, Milka gives him some good money for just being there.
Alan_Cieslar

Post by Alan_Cieslar »

Maybe Loitzl will end his career too?

- - - - - - -

W Maju to bede mial impreze konfirmacyjna (podobne do komunii) w restauracji jego rodzicow. :D
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

Why would he? He still got 2-4 years left for absolute top.
pepsiman89

Post by pepsiman89 »

Dont see any reason why Malysz should retire. Hes still at the top, and im sure that he would stay there for some more years.

What about Kasai? I hope he never retires. I really want him to win once again before he retires. Actually, he could have won in Sapporo last year.
Alan_Cieslar

Post by Alan_Cieslar »

He said that he has to train a lot more to be at the top and that takes more time and effort + there's more chance of an injury. He also stated that he wants to spend more time with his family.
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

pepsiman89 wrote: What about Kasai? I hope he never retires. I really want him to win once again before he retires. Actually, he could have won in Sapporo last year.
Nothing from him, guy is like Randy Couture, going on at competent level for an eternity.
There has been discussion about Hautamaeki retiring, he considered it after last season and might consider it this year also. Guy has potential and all, but he never seems to get the best out of himself when the situation matters. But given his age (hes like 29?) i would say he will continue to Sochi at least.