Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Andrej šunkar

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Correction, I just saw that Slovenska was made.
Cinek90

Post by Cinek90 »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 17:59 Great job, but I would like to ask if you can make another Slovenian helmet and put it online so we can download them. In the fall, I hope that Jussi will make the updates he promised.

about the quality of the helmet exactly?
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Hello Jussi. When will you make the ability to set the direction and strength of the wind in the competition, and the ability to set the time of day and weather in the competition? The ability to set your own, especially the direction and strength of the wind in the competition, is very important for players who want to break records without having to wait for a favorable wind.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Wolf wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 17:33 Hello Jussi. When will you make the ability to set the direction and strength of the wind in the competition, and the ability to set the time of day and weather in the competition? The ability to set your own, especially the direction and strength of the wind in the competition, is very important for players who want to break records without having to wait for a favorable wind.
Time + day + weather adjustment will probably be in 1.12. There is already a good place for it at the same screen as the competition bib settings.
Adjustable wind is more controversial topic.
Milosz Michalak

Post by Milosz Michalak »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 20:36
Wolf wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 17:33 Hello Jussi. When will you make the ability to set the direction and strength of the wind in the competition, and the ability to set the time of day and weather in the competition? The ability to set your own, especially the direction and strength of the wind in the competition, is very important for players who want to break records without having to wait for a favorable wind.
Time + day + weather adjustment will probably be in 1.12. There is already a good place for it at the same screen as the competition bib settings.
It would be great if you added jussi :D
PEAK:1978
TL OFFLINE:3560.47-First place in the world
TL ONNLINE:3539,75-First place in the world
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 20:36 Time + day + weather adjustment will probably be in 1.12. There is already a good place for it at the same screen as the competition bib settings.
This entire discussion about setting the wind just makes no sense to me. I have yet to see a single valid argument against it. DSJ is the only game I've ever seen with such an absurd, player-unfriendly way of improving your personal records. No wonder many people give up on that altogether and just play online.
Every once in a while, you get new people on the forum asking for the ability to set wind. In many places all across the community, there are people frustrated with wind searching. It's a topic that keeps surfacing again and again, and for a good reason. The playability of the game shouldn't be decided by a very small, unreasonable minority of players.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Agree with Dave. Players will re-start offline cup 500x until they find the wind anyway, so why not make record hunting easier there?

For more "natural" hill records we have the online game with its own separate record table.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
JanK

Post by JanK »

No it's not controversial at all. You should implement it...same as the online changes proposed by SoBo. Now it's really good time actually when so many hills are available etc. Listen to the players please.
Name: Jan Kapustka
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

MikesCZ wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 14:58 Agree with Dave. Players will re-start offline cup 500x until they find the wind anyway, so why not make record hunting easier there?

For more "natural" hill records we have the online game with its own separate record table.
Players with even more free time and a bit less skill do it in online too - just look at records jumped in a yellow bib #1.

"Natural" hill records can only be achieved if the were separate online for tournaments imo.

Now, that I think about it, introducing choosable conditions in 1.12 both for offline and for custom online servers, merging current offline/online record lists and introducing tournament records would solve @sobo's 'enjoyment' problems from the other thread too.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Xinitiao wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 12:33 Now, that I think about it, introducing choosable conditions in 1.12 both for offline and for custom online servers, merging current offline/online record lists and introducing tournament records would solve @sobo's 'enjoyment' problems from the other thread too.

Good suggestions! I like the tournament records, makes more sense than current online records.

What about the online non-stop cups? If they do not have record hunt wind and if the hill records are merged with offline, then I am afraid they would be even more empty than today.

EDIT: probably best if there are servers for 24/7 record hunting and other servers where you can practice for tournaments.

Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

MikesCZ wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 12:47
What about the online non-stop cups? If they do not have record hunt wind and if the hill records are merged with offline, then I am afraid they would be even more empty than today.

EDIT: probably best if there are servers for 24/7 record hunting and other servers where you can practice for tournaments.
In my opinion, they should become more diverse and rotating in time - there's nothing like novelty to bring in new players. Afaik the New Hills server is always popular - make more rotating thematic servers and use 1.12 features in it.
For 1.12 or 1.13 it would be great to add a proper custom online server ui - but thats a discussion for another big post
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Also, players who windhunt online usually do it on their own, not with other players, so catering to them is detrimental to the online game as its intended to be
Lurker since 2001
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Xinitiao wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 12:55 For 1.12 or 1.13 it would be great to add a proper custom online server ui - but thats a discussion for another big post
I suggested this somewhere earlier (as I am one of the people buying custom servers). HERE: viewtopic.php?t=8320

There is now too many ideas buried within several topics on this forum, we need to consolidate it a bit :)

Xinitiao wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 12:57 Also, players who windhunt online usually do it on their own, not with other players, so catering to them is detrimental to the online game as its intended to be
They do it on their own because they want to find the wind faster.....if the wind is guaranteed, then this tactic is obsolete and I think people will find it funnier to jump and compare to others in real time.

Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

MikesCZ wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 13:00

They do it on their own because they want to find the wind faster.....if the wind is guaranteed, then this tactic is obsolete and I think people will find it funnier to jump and compare to others in real time.
No, because they still would want to skip jumps with wind below 2.2

PS i sent you a pm
Lurker since 2001