Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Xinitiao

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Xinitiao »

• Configurable thickness, width (as % of dhill width) and color of WR, LR, PB, to beat and to advance (to the next round) lines
  • Configurable colors and opacity of HUD
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Xinitiao wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 19:58
  • Configurable thickness, width (as % of dhill width) and color of WR, LR, PB, to beat and to advance (to the next round) lines
In general settings or in hill XML?
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 20:09
In general settings or in hill XML?
I was thinking in general settings, so that everyone can set it to their liking. :)
Same with HUD.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
JTH__

Post by JTH__ »

• Configurable colors and opacity of HUD
In the HUD, you can move text to beat from the top right corner to the center and add a window to it, just like at a speed that would disappear after a few seconds. And maybe a change of the position of the judge's notes closer to the window with the name of the player and the distance. Something like FIS TV graphics.
Senni

Post by Senni »

With so many new hills added to the game, it gets quite tedious to set up custom seasons. I'd love to see more filtering options (HS, hill type, nation, etc.).
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

You can sort by country or k/hs already, sorting by type would be nice though.
Lurker since 2001
woznyy1337

Post by woznyy1337 »

Senni wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 19:21 With so many new hills added to the game, it gets quite tedious to set up custom seasons. I'd love to see more filtering options (HS, hill type, nation, etc.).
Yes! When I want to make a World Cup with flying hills or with DSJ3 hills only I need to search and pick every single hill, it's so frustrating.
Same with changing hills order in the world cup kalendar, these arrows are weird and impractical.
sneze2r

Post by sneze2r »

Jussi, please, if your'e planning on correcting texturing, correct UV mapping for some skier elements, especially on ski so we could modify textures as below without using illegal methods 8)
Jesenican

Post by Jesenican »

Sorry for offtopic, is this mod, if yes, can you share? :) Or is some other game?
sneze2r

Post by sneze2r »

Jesenican wrote: 19 Mar 2022, 00:10 Sorry for offtopic, is this mod, if yes, can you share? :) Or is some other game?
It's not a mod. Yes, it's a dsj4. I cannot go into details since reverse engineering of the game is illegal, all I can say it's texmod replacing ski logo with blank transparent texture and ski top with this texture visible+ modification of UV map of ski top vertices.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

sneze2r wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 00:56 Jussi, please, if your'e planning on correcting texturing, correct UV mapping for some skier elements, especially on ski so we could modify textures as below without using illegal methods 8)
I can improve the UV mapping and maybe also add support for choosing custom textures for the ski jumpers directly in the game.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 20 Mar 2022, 17:32
sneze2r wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 00:56 Jussi, please, if your'e planning on correcting texturing, correct UV mapping for some skier elements, especially on ski so we could modify textures as below without using illegal methods 8)
I can improve the UV mapping and maybe also add support for choosing custom textures for the ski jumpers directly in the game.
That would be awesome if we could set textures for each jumper individually and BIB textures in the calendar menu :D
Making the jumper/team file available to edit in xml would be very helpful for this too as setting it on hundreds or thousands of jumpers using the in-game ui would get really tiresome really fast.
Lurker since 2001
Jesenican

Post by Jesenican »

sneze2r wrote: 20 Mar 2022, 10:54
Jesenican wrote: 19 Mar 2022, 00:10 Sorry for offtopic, is this mod, if yes, can you share? :) Or is some other game?
It's not a mod. Yes, it's a dsj4. I cannot go into details since reverse engineering of the game is illegal, all I can say it's texmod replacing ski logo with blank transparent texture and ski top with this texture visible+ modification of UV map of ski top vertices.
Thanks, what about grapihcs? Just added on picture or also illegal thing? :roll:
Cinek90

Post by Cinek90 »

Hey jussi could you improve the texture of the helmet so that it could be even more beautiful designing the appearance of the jumper because the center is a bit buggy, the drawing that is created there is just smudged, I would be grateful and not only if you would improve it because I love to make new helmets or plastrons second thing what for plastrons, you could also make a separate leader's jersey, e.g. with the inscription mediamond so that it would be better to design, for example, a leader or other things of this type, it is very lacking and I think that this is not a big problem and I will also sign up with the above post about all skis, some of my examples that I did for dsj Image
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Great job, but I would like to ask if you can make another Slovenian helmet and put it online so we can download them. In the fall, I hope that Jussi will make the updates he promised.