Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
kumy246

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by kumy246 »

heey i was thinking abut new suggestion... there could be 4 difficulty in dsj4 an amateur mode a semi pro mode a proffesional mode and a world class for offline ski jumping... at amateur mode there could be 5gates higher for amateurs who just learning and it would be kind a fun for them to jump over 230m in planica an semi pro would be 2/3 gates higher, a pro mode would be the gate which are now and world class in which the gate would be even lower it would have 4 ranks of records the amateur hill record the semi pro hill record the proffesional hill record and a world class hill record the offical offline world record would count in pro mode cause it would be the same gates as it's now... i thing it would be fun for new players who jumping in offline mode (in planica) in good wind just about 210m that they could jump over 225m in amateur mode... i know the development is over but still i can give a suggestion which i think is kinda important :)
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

kumy246 wrote:heey i was thinking abut new suggestion... there could be 4 difficulty in dsj4 an amateur mode a semi pro mode a proffesional mode and a world class for offline ski jumping... at amateur mode there could be 5gates higher for amateurs who just learning and it would be kind a fun for them to jump over 230m in planica an semi pro would be 2/3 gates higher, a pro mode would be the gate which are now and world class in which the gate would be even lower it would have 4 ranks of records the amateur hill record the semi pro hill record the proffesional hill record and a world class hill record the offical offline world record would count in pro mode cause it would be the same gates as it's now... i thing it would be fun for new players who jumping in offline mode (in planica) in good wind just about 210m that they could jump over 225m in amateur mode... i know the development is over but still i can give a suggestion which i think is kinda important :)
I think this would cause more bad than good. It would be confusing and unnecessary. Players can just keep jumping and eventually get better with time, or maybe ask more experienced players for tips.
kumy246

Post by kumy246 »

i think it would be kind a fun there are many people who stopped playing cause didn't manage to jump over 200m... if they would have 5 gates higher they could manage to do that and get the motivation...
kumy246

Post by kumy246 »

Hello to all. Jussi i know you don't have any plans to make new real hills at the moment but i was thinking what if you make at least some non realistic hills... many fans want new hills yet you don't have time and persmission for hills to make but i am pretty sure that you need much less time to make non realistic hills like in dsj3... i want new planica and vikersund and all hills from world cup too but i would be happy with non realistic hills to cause it's interesting just to play at new hills :)
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

WTF... non realistic hills? are u serious?
non realistic hills = BORING
PEAK: 1842
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

That'd be quite entertaining but I am against because of some reasons. One of them is the fact that making unexistent hill doesn't cost necessarily less time than the real one. By the way I wouldn't feel that sense of motivtion and honour to jump on Norway HS138 whereas we've had to do with original hills in DSJ4.
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

For me it doesn't matter. It would actually be fun to jump on a futuristic HS300 hill with DSJ4 physics. I wonder how it would be.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Reeposter

Post by Reeposter »

Hi all, my first post here, but I'm addicted to this game for 2 years.

So what I really think needs to be done with this game is (maybe sadly for Jussi):
Prepare refreshed version based on DSJ4 (what a great physics engine, I'm enjoying every jump in this game) with new hills, refreshed graphics (this simple style is really good and it shouldn't be changed to some photo-realistic one).
What is the main issue for new players is the entry-level of this game. It's really hard at the beginning, people are trying demo for 1h and then uninstalling because they couldn't jump those 20m. There needs to be a tutorial or/and arcade mode with simpler physics. THE DSJ4 REALISTIC PHYSICS MUST STAY THOUGH (there are many DSJ clones on the market, but no one is having such feel of the air) and player should be accustomed to it while they progress. When you get to that you all know what happens - you get to that flow, you need to beat your own records, beat other people online etc. It reminds me arcade games - simple, addictive games with only one objective - get better score.

Ofc this is risky for Jussi, because it will take time and resources to do that, but there is nothing much to loose. If he target marketing right then there will be everything fine. Look - in Poland everyone still remembers DSJ2, Adam Małysz recently played it during Olympic Games on Polish Television

People do remember this game and I think if it will be made right - then people will know about DSJ5/DSJ4.5. + Piracy nowadays isn't such a problem in Poland like it was during DSJ2 era.

Buuuut ofc it could be that Jussi isn't one man army, so maybe it's really time to go with that game and show to some publishers? They'll handle marketing right, they'll publish it in right places etc. but still - to do that there is a need to show complete product, so still a risk with resources.

If not - why not to try with publishing on steam? It is still a good way to get some new players. I think that buying game from your website is obsolete method, people are seeing price only in one currency, website is looking bad etc. If I had to choose between buying this game here vs steam - I would go with steam.

But I think that Jussi has thought about all of those things. Whatever he decide I will really hope that DSJ won't die, because it really deserves second wave of popularity as a really great, addicting game
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

it's impossible especially while there is only one nation playing this game :) cheers.
SprengeMobil

Post by SprengeMobil »

I have some ideas for the next DSJ4 version:
*New hills:
Innsbruck HS130
Oberstdorf HS137
Oslo HS134
Trondheim HS105
Trondheim HS140
Vikersund HS240

*Upgrading existing hills:
Bad Mitterndorf HS235
Engelberg HS140
Oberstdorf HS235
Planica HS240
Sapporo HS137 (winter profile)
Zakopane HS140

*Removing pre-qualified athletes, so every jumper must qualify
*Raw Air mode
*Adding tophouse to Bad Mitterndorf, Sapporo
*Normal hill together with large hill ingame in Bischofshofen, Lillehammer, Park City, Trondheim, Val di Fiemme
*Changing name from Kuusamo to Ruka
*In team jumping, no more same equipment for all on the team
*Changing ski jumping suit, with one color on each sleeve/glove (replacing old suit options) and additional suit color on the chest/waist
*Displaying real hill name in hill info
Du måtte bare si det!
Bartek Drek DSJ

Post by Bartek Drek DSJ »

This is dreams, but what Jussi think for tutorial for the game? A lot of new players have a problem with jump.
dboo1

Post by dboo1 »

My ideas for new hills:
Pyeongchang K98 HS109
Pyeongchang K125 HS142
Einsiedeln K105 HS117
Courchevel K90 HS96
Courchevel K125 HS135
Chaux Neuve K106 HS118
Innsbruck K120 HS130
Oberstdorf K120 HS137
Rasnov K90 HS97
Erzurum K125 HS140
Erzurum K95 HS109
Vikersund K200 HS240
Strbske Pleso K90 HS100
Kuopio K92 HS100
Oslo K120 HS134
Rena K99 HS111
Rena K124 HS139
Szczyrk K95 HS106
Solleftea K108 HS120
Ironwood K161 HS180
Shchuchinsk K90 HS99
Shchuchinsk K125 HS140
You may upgrade this few hills down below:
Planica K185 HS215 to K200 HS240
Oberstdorf K185 HS213 to K200 HS235
Tauplitz K185 HS200 to K200 HS235
Engelberg K125 HS137 to K125 HS140
Zakopane K120 HS134 to K125 HS140
Val di Fiemme K95 HS106 to K95 HS104
Val di Fiemme K120 HS134 to K120 HS135
Sapporo(Winter) K120 HS134 to K123 HS137
It would be great if we see some of this hills or upgrades in the game
premier

Post by premier »

hello, have you ever thought about adding some presets of world cup calendars ? so whenever we play a full season WC with some hills of a choice and then decide to do a WC of only flying hills or do a 4 hills tournament with it own rules but then go back to full season so we dont need to set a calendar of full season again from scratch,
Many thanks
kisiel

Post by kisiel »

In my opinion good option is make folders for hills and sort this in that categories:
- DSJ 2 hills
- DSJ 3 hills
- DSJ 4 hills
- Realistic hills
- Custom hills
Thus, they would not be mixed with each other.
gtaman

Post by gtaman »

premier wrote:hello, have you ever thought about adding some presets of world cup calendars ? so whenever we play a full season WC with some hills of a choice and then decide to do a WC of only flying hills or do a 4 hills tournament with it own rules but then go back to full season so we dont need to set a calendar of full season again from scratch,
Many thanks
Or at least multiple save games, like, i hate i cant have multiple active world cup saves. Also, maybe being able to create custom cups (like planica 7, raw air, 4 hills, flying cup, matysowka tour, ...) as part of world cup save.