Other games

General discussion about DSJ3.
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

You can edit the speed of the game in the setup.exe file. Just read the readme.txt of english version of SJS and You'll lern how to jump.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Other games

Post by Jussi Koskela »

amcia1988 wrote:There is another Ski Jumping Game witch was basing on DSJ3 probably. I sow it on http://www.aa.boo.pl. It's Ski Jump Simulator and it's strangely similar to DSJ3. Just try and You'll see...
I checked the game out and there indeed is something strangely similar to DSJ3 -- it's the tree texture which is unauthorizedly taken from DSJ3. That infringes my copyrights, so the author of SJS (who apparently started this topic) should remove this tree texture from the game as soon as possible.
Severin

Post by Severin »

Vik wrote: - jumping by night with light effects
- snowfall
- fans/sounds (maybe if you did new pb the fans cry very loud)
- moves of the jumpers when they brake (e.g. the put up his hands when he won, or look down and shake his head)
- moves with hands while flying... like in reality

mmh, most of the things are imho just "style additions", and not things that are that necessary
Vik

Post by Vik »

You're right Sev, but for the most people in the world who like videogames, the graphic is a very important factor of a game and should be included :-)...

Result: More player -> more fun ;-)
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

The tree texture will be removed till monday. Allright? It wasn't taken from DSJ I just found it on a web site with tree textures.... But if it is a problem, I can remove it. By the way, how would it be possible to have a texture from your game??? And... What about other games. Let's compare them with DSJ. For ex. polish Ski Jumping series. What do you all think about this game comparin it with DSJ3????
Vik

Post by Vik »

There are not much Skijumping games. All games I know are:

- DSJ (best!)
- RTL Skispringen 200x (something 20,- € )
- Champion++ (freeware)
- Skijump International v3 (10,- € )
- SJS (even freeware )

Are sorted like favourites (the first the best)
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

Didn't you ever heard about polish "Skoki Narciarskie" series? The latest game from tis series was: "Skoki Narciarskie 2006" I agree that gameplay is the most imprortant in the game. DSJ3 has great gameplay but tese little extras like audience or night competitions are realy nice and should be added in the next DSJ generations. They give the game unforgrtable climate (If you know what am I talking about...). Maby SJS is realy a bad game when we think about gameplay... but it will develop and will be greater.... So Jussi! DSJ has a tipical finnish climate (empty terrain, clouded sky...) Try to make it a bit more colorfull, add more motion, life......
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

the tree texture have been changed...
Vik

Post by Vik »

I found an other skijumping game called Open Ski Jumping...

That's freeware and therefore really nice...

Check it out -> http://skijump.sourceforge.net/ (download the DOS Version...)

About this game:
You have to control only with keyboard. The inrun position you have to do yourself by using the arrow buttons... Taking off with "uparrow" ...then position moves with arrows while flying...

You can add bots, with three skill-levels, and human players as much you want to... It's of course not as good as DSJ3, but it's very nice...
Last edited by Vik on 10 Mar 2007, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

the game looks realy nice and... similar to DSJ :)
Vik

Post by Vik »

Do you know, why it's similar to DSJ3? Because it's about skijumping... :lol: :lol: :D :D
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

I agree. It's because DSJ3 is the best ski jumping game (except for SJS :) ) and all game creators want their games to be same as DSJ3...
Henning

Post by Henning »

Don't like SJS. It's as much as realistic as RTL Skispringen xD
amcia1988

Post by amcia1988 »

It was a joke :) I know that SJS is not a realistic game.... You must know that SJS makers are jung programers and SJS is their first 3D game.... SJS 2 will be better and it will be released till december 2007. You can find more info on www.aa.boo.pl/ang . Probably we will add the online game feature for free!!!! But we aren't sure.
Vik

Post by Vik »

You have to fix the speed bug at first... I check it out, and I have to say, that the speed is so unrealistic fast, even when I change in the settings the speed "slow"...

Maybe it's because of my centrino... but this bug should be fixed before other things.....