Tournament 17/02/07 results and discussion

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tournament 17/02/07 results and discussion

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Congratulations to Audun once again. :)

Myself I jumped my most consistent tournament so far but result was like usually awful. :( When over 20 hills were jumped I was 4th in the cup but then I suddendly lost connection (fist time in whole day). My real ending position was maybe even 3rd not 31th so I can't be very pleased. It's not very realistic that jumper loses all his points if he miss one hill...

Suomeksi sanottuna: hermot tässä menee pikkuhiljaa. :x
Michal Muchajer

Post by Michal Muchajer »

confirmed Jani :) after reconnect player would have same points as before.

despite of this problem i would ask Jussi about online record list...is this possible to create ?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

One of the first things that was ever suggested when this board opened, was that we should be able to keep the points after exiting and re-entering a cup/tournament. Jussi's reply was:
Jussi Koskela wrote:This sounds reasonable and will most probably be implemented.
kumivasara

Post by kumivasara »

The suggestion really makes sense. However, there may be some issues Jussi has to solve before full implementation and supposedly this takes some time. Perhaps it is somehow possible to apply separate results databases for online sessions and accumulated tournament scoring so that the tournament scores of both online and offline jumpers would be visible all the time. Let's hope Jussi can introduce a solution.
There is no vasara like kumipäävasara - osta kumipää vasara!