The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
akkarbelling

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by akkarbelling »

Maciejo-96 wrote:@up And writes that the most addicted DSJ player at the moment xDDD (logic, isn't it?)

PS. please stop, now nothing will help. Jussi probably don't care about your hoping.

now I suggest to leave this poor game xD really!
I suggest that you leave this forum.
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

I agree with you @akkarbelling
From october till this day, every post connected with the game is commented by you in the same way. Man, look, you played this game for over 2 years. You most likely spent hours on searching the wind... It was important for you. Now, you left the game and I see you are missing it. It wasn't necessary to delete all the records. Don't exclaim that you've become wise because your posts are immature and you are getting on our nerves. You was such a great legend of DSJ4, but every time I look on what your statements consist of, I am in doubt. You are ruining your image, reconsider your attitude. :wink:
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

But for me the situation year ago was: I really hated the game, but I had to jump more world records because I didn't feel good on the 2nd place. Now I think it was just waste of time, even it took about 30 mins-1 hour of jumping per day. I didn't even once play DSJ4 after my last record. So you know the thing why I played was not the game itself, but something else...

That's why I think it's not necessarily that someone is missing the game if he does things like that or speaks like that. It might be, that getting out of some kind of ''circle'' or addiction gives a totally new view for life. That's what happened to me. My life is much better and healthier now than in 2014-2015 and I hope so it's with Maciej too. I really hope I don't have to face a situation like a total lose of life control because of some game anymore...
Last edited by he10th3r310 on 15 Feb 2016, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

akkarbelling, I see that you write here only to write anything, to comment everywhere, to mark your presence here.

Szymon, I don't miss this game, but as you see, I encourage every active player to follow my way - to stop playing DSJ and finally to get a real life. Writing on this forum is a different thing. You can't forbid me for writing here. I wanted to delete my records, because I didn't want to link my surname with achievements in DSJ. Now I know that I wasted my time on playing DSJ for almost 15 years. Effects of playing this were: worse results in school, less interests, psychical exhaustion. Now I am really proud that I stopped playing DSJ at the end of March 2015. I finally have one problem less. Don't you think that playing DSJ wastes a lot of your free time, which you can use to learn something, find new interests, make some new connections with some people, etc.? I don't forbid you for playing DSJ, but in my opinion you have to think about sense of further playing DSJ.

PS. don't you think that you made too big signature? I think you are too proud with your DSJ achievements xD I don't want to make you angry, but I want to advise well.

Cheers :)
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

If it was too big, it wouldn't appear :)
Do what you want. I won't never ever judge you. Once is fairly enough. Some people can also agree with me. You are the architect of your fortune :) Greetings.
Last edited by Szymon11 on 15 Feb 2016, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Szymon11 wrote:I emphatize with the previous speakers. We are all composed in a great community. Many of us haven't tried skijumping in the real world and most of will surely not experience it. DSJ allows us to feel like real skijumpers and that's why it is really hard to deal with the fact that it is not still developed. For majority, this game has become a part of live. I have even dreams, in which I see new version of Deluxe Ski Jump 4 and jump 250 meters on Vikersund or 145 m in Trondheim. That's the evidence, that shows how enormous imprint this game has left on us. I saw there are some people which are frustrated but that's not an excuse to write stupid reviews, which are offending author and the whole series. I partially understand them but I do not esteem that, however. It would be miraculous if Jussi created some new hills and added several "refreshing" improvements. The crux is to start treating DSJ not only as game, but as large a group of people who are skijumping's enthusiasts, which would love to fulfill they dreams... Jussi, our hope is YOU. Of course, I do not want to impose, it's an utter nonsense; you will just do what you want. But I urgently beg, do not be indifferent to us and do not let this beautiful project expire... :)
Well said!
TdD 2015: Nr. 3 GER (33th overall)
TdD 2016: Best German Jumper (26th)
TdD 2017: Nr. 4 GER (60th)
TdD 2018-20: Unfortunately always been on vacation...
TdD 2021: Nr. 6 GER (146th)

"It's something" - unknown
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Maciejo-96 wrote:akkarbelling, I see that you write here only to write anything, to comment everywhere, to mark your presence here.

Szymon, I don't miss this game, but as you see, I encourage every active player to follow my way - to stop playing DSJ and finally to get a real life. Writing on this forum is a different thing. You can't forbid me for writing here. I wanted to delete my records, because I didn't want to link my surname with achievements in DSJ. Now I know that I wasted my time on playing DSJ for almost 15 years. Effects of playing this were: worse results in school, less interests, psychical exhaustion. Now I am really proud that I stopped playing DSJ at the end of March 2015. I finally have one problem less. Don't you think that playing DSJ wastes a lot of your free time, which you can use to learn something, find new interests, make some new connections with some people, etc.? I don't forbid you for playing DSJ, but in my opinion you have to think about sense of further playing DSJ.

PS. don't you think that you made too big signature? I think you are too proud with your DSJ achievements xD I don't want to make you angry, but I want to advise well.

Cheers :)

"Maciejo-96" Leave this forum :!: If u you not look here u will can make something different :!:U are destroying ur life , just you lost best time in ur live reading and writing in this forum.Just leave us please :wink:
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Sorry to write that, but YOU are destroying your own lifes, playing this game every day and trying to argue with me. Why don't you leave this game? Your life will be much, much better.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Maciejo-96 wrote:Sorry to write that, but YOU are destroying your own lifes, playing this game every day and trying to argue with me. Why don't you leave this game? Your life will be much, much better.
:lol: :D :wink:

he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

Sobo, congrats for TDD win. Anyway now you too could consider whether it's worth to continue playing anymore, as you have reached the top level.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

he10th3r310 wrote:Sobo, congrats for TDD win. Anyway now you too could consider whether it's worth to continue playing anymore, as you have reached the top level.
Thanks man :wink: When i start play on Top level in DSJ4 in the last year , and start beat Maciej online records , everyone with TOP players fun of me , they repeat me all the time so i can't be the best because sesson is over , my Peak is verry low, and "manny TOP players finish carriers". I knew at what level I started to play :wink: Now I proved it , and if u are talking about long playing , i will play on DSJ 4 to end of my life :lol: I'm not myself , i have a friends , I spend time with them on Teamspeak , we play together , not for you just for themselves :wink: , because manny of players are love DSJ 4 , and they will with this game for a long time , same as me. Thanks :wink:

Yannici

Post by Yannici »

Why not just put DSJ on Steam Green Light and put SteamAPI in it? I think DSJ could have a chance and Jussi could have a new motivation to continue development ...
Gutek70

Post by Gutek70 »

I'm sorry to write but Jussi write straight from the heart what I think.
It is a pity that you're such a cold and self-serving man.
We are connected with the DSJ several years, and what you have created for us is a wonderful thing. I can not accept the fact that insufficiently forsake DSJ that it still can not appreciate us and show a little mercy for fans of your work. I am being you, I would do least 2 new hills, to show his fans that not thrown out on them. Show some mercy and good will and do something for us.

Regards

P.S. Although my salary is only 500 Euro a month, I would be willing to even pay a higher price for a subscription, if only this beautiful design is not finished. You us anything added to it
Last edited by Gutek70 on 17 Feb 2016, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Gram tylko online - I only play online!!!
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

On my opinion

1.He was a man who love ski jumping as a sport

2.He had knowledge of the computer graphics , so with passion to ski jumps ,he decided to create a game on this subject

3. After the creation of the first version , appears willing creating something better and he created DSJ 3

4.He is really proud with himself , created community appear money , but he still love ski jumping

5.after creating all this DSJ3 becomes the most popular game in Europe , Jussi ceases to be anonymous , good sales and a new idea but no longer with love to ski jumps, community "just for the money"

6. He create DSJ 4 , in view of the good earnings big sales the full version of the game , and lots of online subscription.

7. After the great success of the DSJ 3 , DSJ 4 in which he put a lot of work , It turns out to be frustrating for Jussi , because sales were lower than expected .

8.Appears anger , how it happening?

9.People who love ski jumping , are play in DSJ 4 , one, two, three years , they begin to expect something new , new hills , update bugs .....

10.He is still angry with us , with we did not meet his expectations did not become a millionaire , but it's still angry , constantly repeats "i can't" , "not enough" , "do not expected " over and over again

In conclusion :

Jussi this is only my opinion , you do not have to answer , "I do not expect" this from you......

Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

It's not about selfishness, coldness or angryness. The simple explanation is that the sales of DSJ gradually degraded to a level that I couldn't make my living on developing the game any more. Therefore I took another full time job to which I am now committed.
Please don't make too far reaching interprations without knowing me or the actual facts.

P.S. DSJ3 wasn't even the second most popular game in Europe. :lol: