Clock Error!

Technical support for DSJ3.
fidelis

Post by fidelis »

Yeah. It's OK now. I have been playing the new version in various modes. It works fine.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

DSJ3 v1.6.1 is now available for downloading at: http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj3/downloads/
The update should fix the majority of problems with the false alarms on clock error.
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Tobi wrote: I had that "clock error" with 1.5 and now with 1.6 either (on a DuoCore Toshiba Laptop with XP SP2).

Waiting for your help.
I emailed you a link to a beta version of DSJ3 which should fix the problem. So, far it has helped in 4 out of 4 situations. I'll be releasing it publicly soon.
Hi Jussi,

I answerd you by email, it didn't work. With the beta and the 1.6.1 (I don't know if it is the same) it is allways the "clock error" within the first jump.

Regards

Tobi
dawidope

Post by dawidope »

Jussi Koskela wrote:DSJ3 v1.6.1 is now available for downloading at: http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj3/downloads/
The update should fix the majority of problems with the false alarms on clock error.
This fix don't help me :(
mpankow

clock error

Post by mpankow »

I have the same problem with the clock error, normally during the second jump after running the game. There were no problems on Pentium D 2,8 GHz, but now - on Core2 E8400 3GHz, on the same installation of WinXP, DSJ seems to be not longer playable... :cry:
I use the newest version of DSJ.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: clock error

Post by Jussi Koskela »

mpankow wrote: on Core2 E8400 3GHz, on the same installation of WinXP, DSJ seems to be not longer playable... :cry:
I use the newest version of DSJ.
I am running the game on similar configuration with no problems.
mpankow

Post by mpankow »

I am not using any programs such XPSpeed Pro, like someone have suggested in PM to me... Maybe the problem is with graphic card? I have ATI Radeon 4870 with over-clocking drivers, but I set default options and shut ATI Catalyst down...
mpankow

Post by mpankow »

I think something should be done with this situation. I have paid fot the registration key (I can prove it via e-mail).

I can see on many forums and download pages that the problem is common - people download demo version and resign to use it because of the clock error...

I have done all I was able to: I uninstalled Dynamic Energy Saver, shut down ATI Catalyst and my firewall before playing. The problem seems to be rarer (every 6-8 jumps) but remains.
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Tobi wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:
Tobi wrote: I had that "clock error" with 1.5 and now with 1.6 either (on a DuoCore Toshiba Laptop with XP SP2).

Waiting for your help.
I emailed you a link to a beta version of DSJ3 which should fix the problem. So, far it has helped in 4 out of 4 situations. I'll be releasing it publicly soon.
Hi Jussi,

I answerd you by email, it didn't work. With the beta and the 1.6.1 (I don't know if it is the same) it is allways the "clock error" within the first jump.

Regards

Tobi

Hi Jussi,

great job, with the new release (1.7) everything is working fine.

Thank you.

Regards

Tobi
Thomasat

Post by Thomasat »

Okay.. So here is my report on Deluxe Ski Jumping v3 build 1.7.0!

I installed it on Friday, at that time my CPU was overclocked from 2.4GHz to 3.2GHz! (Got a Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 CPU) and my RAM was running on 1066MHz @ 5-5-5-15 @ 2.2V
At this point I was running Windows XP Professional English Service Pack 3, fully updated with all latest drivers, DirectX runtime etc.. And things worked perfectly!

Today I re-installed my computer, now I'm running on Windows Server 2008 Datacenter 32bit (one of the only ways to be able to utilize all my 4GiB of RAM without running 64bit, got some applications that wont run on 64bit, so forced to stay with 32bit for now :()

Now my CPU isn't overcloked any more whatsoever? Running on 2.4GHz, my RAM is clocked down to 800MHz @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0V.. And now I'm getting this clock error?

I've got all the same background programs that I had when running Windows XP, only difference is the added Server 2008 / Vista background stuff.. So I can't really see any reason for it to not work now? Identical hardware as last time? Only difference is that I'm running a pretty fresh install of Server 2008 32bit and not Windows XP 32bit?
But the last time I checked, Deluxe Ski Jumping supported Windows Vista / Server 2008? (same core)

If you could fence me that BETA version, I would gladly test it out!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Thomasat wrote: If you could fence me that BETA version, I would gladly test it out!
I emailed you a small test application.
thoand

Clock error

Post by thoand »

Hi, have the newest version of dsj3, but has trouble with clock error. laptop with dualcore intel. 667mhz. tried everything to make it work. Can anyone help???
Kuga

Post by Kuga »

mpankow wrote: I have done all I was able to: I uninstalled Dynamic Energy Saver, shut down ATI Catalyst and my firewall before playing. The problem seems to be rarer (every 6-8 jumps) but remains.
Spot on :D
Just tried to run the demo and it crashed straight away. Searched around the forum in found nothing useful except this post.
After disabling ATI overdrive it runs perfect.