Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Rajmek1233 wrote:Jussi,can you show us progress of your work in 1.4.0?
I'll post pics of the new hills once finished.
Di Stefano

Post by Di Stefano »

Jussi, what do you think about change the pattern of HS and K point at Summer Hills, and maybe at Winter with exceptions.

Heres the examples:
http://skokinarciarskie.idsl.pl/images/ ... opane4.jpg
http://i.wp.pl/a/f/jpeg/23457/bischofsh ... a_470.jpeg - visible well that here we have 1 red line after HS and its can looks pretty cool
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/ka ... 460495.jpg
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

acmilian02 wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:
Rajmek1233 wrote:Jussi,can you show us progress of your work in 1.4.0?
I'll post pics of the new hills once finished.
When? :)
Sometime in FUTURE...,
but we've just known something about the most important thing -new hills !
I am very happy ,because we haven't heard about anything lately :)
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
iwo1333

Post by iwo1333 »

Jussi, how many hills have you done so far?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

iwo1333 wrote:Jussi, how many hills have you done so far?
17,7 ;)
P.S. This is not a general question/answer thread.
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Polish Reporter wrote:What!? u have made 17 hills?
17 hills - 1.3.0
0,7 - new hill in progress :)
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
davisp

Post by davisp »

To save the game at a certain hill. Like 37 of 100 jumpers already jumped. But now I want to watch a replay of the world record to improve my jumps or I have to go anywhere. At the moment you just can save hill after hill. I think save the game during a competition would be a nice feature

Oh and to rewind the replay would also be nice. At the momen I can only watch it from the very beginning.
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

davisp wrote:To save the game at a certain hill. Like 37 of 100 jumpers already jumped. But now I want to watch a replay of the world record to improve my jumps or I have to go anywhere. At the moment you just can save hill after hill. I think save the game during a competition would be a nice feature

Oh and to rewind the replay would also be nice. At the momen I can only watch it from the very beginning.
1. Saving is not possible during the competition because you could then jump unlimited times in optimal wind conditions.
2. There are many technical difficulties in implementing the replay rewinding.
davisp

Post by davisp »

oh okay. maybe it would work with automatic save. as soon as the jump is finished the game is saved. And if I load the game I only can jump with the next jumper. So I can't jump with one jumper twice.

More lines would be nice. Now there is only the WR but I would like to see the Austrian Record etc. ;)
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Yes Jussi,i am a bit lazy (its not your problem) to search for new winds,so saving will help me and many others to improve our jumps by "unlimited" jumping.Would be nice feature!
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Btw,sorry for spam,but really Jussi,i can't see problem in saving and jumping unlimited times.
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Btw,sorry for spam,but really Jussi,i can't see problem in saving and jumping unlimited times.
my words! I have work, family and friends and i don't want to search good wind for half an hour (and more) till i can try to beat my records.
I really cannot understand why there cannot be introduced a "record hunting mode" like suggested by "Torsten Winkler" (i think) many months ago.
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

Jussi Koskela wrote: Saving is not possible during the competition because you could then jump unlimited times in optimal wind conditions.
What if each saved game could only be loaded once? I often feel like cheking if people are online but I don't want to end my record hunting session for nothing just to search for a new wind for another 30min.

I think the world cup could even be saved automatically at exit, always overwriting the previous save file or something.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

MJumper wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote: Saving is not possible during the competition because you could then jump unlimited times in optimal wind conditions.
What if each saved game could only be loaded once? I often feel like cheking if people are online but I don't want to end my record hunting session for nothing just to search for a new wind for another 30min.

I think the world cup could even be saved automatically at exit, always overwriting the previous save file or something.
If my idea isnt possible this would be nice.I once had A M A Z I N G wind at Oberstdorf (it was 2.5 , 13th gate,perfectly straight) and i had to quit out to play online tournament,i mean,if it is possible anyhow it will be my pleasure. Thanks
davisp

Post by davisp »

yeah. that's what I was talking about. Jussi said you can jump unlimited jumps with good wind. But when the game is saved after you started your jump then this would not happen. And if you abort the jump then it would count as a 0.0 jump and you would jump with the next jumper