Jumping with bug

General discussion about DSJ3.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

JonKimball14 wrote:also I try to llok it up and I find it on websites and click to download it and is 1.5
On most pages it's 1.5, but on some it's still 1.4 ...
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

Torsten

Possible is on all 32 hills...but not for WR's...you are wrong here...NED,SUI.ITA are not possible to jump far..

and if you remember good,you are the man who send me slowdown..I was angry,when I found out,that you guys in the top 50 jumpimg with slo-mo....so there was no choise for me...If I wanna be in the top,I had to use slow-down...and you teach me how...I had 230.9 on FIN withouth slowdown..could be 233 or more...I never want to use that slo-mo...but I knew that somethin is wrong there...when I use slowdown now,I am the cheeter...fu** that..I jump for month and months withouth x-speed...and my score withouth x-speed was 6398-total lenghts...and on about 5-6 hills had points...very hard work withouth x-speed
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

ereml hajric wrote:Torsten
Possible is on all 32 hills...but not for WR's...you are wrong here...NED,SUI.ITA are not possible to jump far..
Oh .. I was still wondering, why i still hold the german records on those 3 hills :)
http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj3/hillrecord ... er&list=hr
Maybe that it isn't possible to get a WR on those 3 hills, i didn't watch all WR-Replays up to now. I just have seen some of the incredible sev-bug-replays on small hills ...
and if you remember good,you are the man who send me slowdown..I was angry,when I found out,that you guys in the top 50 jumpimg with slo-mo....so there was no choise for me...If I wanna be in the top,I had to use slow-down...and you teach me how...I had 230.9 on FIN withouth slowdown..could be 233 or more...I never want to use that slo-mo...but I knew that somethin is wrong there...when I use slowdown now,I am the cheeter...fu** that..I jump for month and months withouth x-speed...and my score withouth x-speed was 6398-total lenghts...and on about 5-6 hills had points...very hard work withouth x-speed
Hey, ermel ... calm down! Of course I remember and if you have a look at ALL postings in this forum then you will see, I never told using slow-down as cheating! And if I spoke about the sev-bug i always used "cheating" (it isn't a cheat to me, because the possibility to use it is given to EVERYONE), didn't I?
Most of the ppl in here are shouting about the SlowMo-thingie without knowing about the reasons (and the FUN!!). The sev-bug isn't fun to me, so i don't wanna use it (or learn to use it). But another thing against this is: Most players are competing online now (not on hillrecords anymore). And so do I :)

And in the end for all those who don't understand the reasons for using SlowMo I will repeat Ermel's sentence (because THAT'S IT!!!)
"I was angry,when I found out,that you guys in the top 50 jumpimg with slo-mo....so there was no choise for me...If I wanna be in the top,I had to use slow-down ..."
Vik

Post by Vik »

Your last sentence reminds me to the current problems in the real sport life.... e.g. Cycling.... most of the champions in the last Tours de France were doped..... :cry: no choice for the others to compete, only by taking dope.....
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Vik wrote:Your last sentence reminds me to the current problems in the real sport life.... e.g. Cycling.... most of the champions in the last Tours de France were doped..... :cry: no choice for the others to compete, only by taking dope.....
Then the solution maybe: possiblity of proofing ever record ;)
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Torsten wrote:
Vik wrote:Your last sentence reminds me to the current problems in the real sport life.... e.g. Cycling.... most of the champions in the last Tours de France were doped..... :cry: no choice for the others to compete, only by taking dope.....
Then the solution maybe: possiblity of proofing ever record ;)
Maybe! If you watch the replays that you can download from Mediamond, you can notice a difference: The slowdown-cheated jumps shows some very small and extremely rapid ski movements that is only possible when done in slo-mo and then replayed in default speed. The effect is somewhat like the awkward rapid movements you can observe when watching old time silent mowies.
If one had to send in the personal record replays for validation, then perhaps a program could be made that detected this?
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Grufugl wrote:The slowdown-cheated jumps shows some very small and extremely rapid ski movements that is only possible when done in slo-mo and then replayed in default speed. The effect is somewhat like the awkward rapid movements you can observe when watching old time silent mowies.
If one had to send in the personal record replays for validation, then perhaps a program could be made that detected this?
You can do very fast movements in realtime, too! But the effect for a jump is more randomly, so if you do in realtime fast movements and suddenly you'll get a huge jump, everybody will say: "SlowDown, SlowDown, he uses SlowDown" ... and that isn't what you really want!
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Torsten wrote:You can do very fast movements in realtime, too! But the effect for a jump is more randomly, so if you do in realtime fast movements and suddenly you'll get a huge jump, everybody will say: "SlowDown, SlowDown, he uses SlowDown" ... and that isn't what you really want!
Yes, you are right,I guess there will be borderline cases.
Leper Messiah TR

Post by Leper Messiah TR »

if you really want to be the best cheater, take a hex editor and set your records on 999m, and be #1 cheater, no one will stop you
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Leper Messiah TR wrote:if you really want to be the best cheater, take a hex editor and set your records on 999m, and be #1 cheater, no one will stop you
You'll have problems backing them up with replays...
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Thomas wrote:You'll have problems backing them up with replays...
*lol* .. good one :D
Leper Messiah TR

Post by Leper Messiah TR »

so what, you don´t need replays for the official highscore list
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

@ Leper

to be a best cheeter...hmm...with that you even don't jump...jump with slo-mo you still got to have a lot looot of skill in ski jumps...it is not...you got slo-mo...you will jump a record...try it..and we will see...what you can do...and also with sevo bug..is the same...but there is 80% of luck....once again..this people who are in top 50 are jumping with slo-mo...but withouth slo-mo they are also better then you are...belive me...I am sure in that...
e-sAn(fin)

Post by e-sAn(fin) »

Good point Ermel!

I heard about "slow-down" and the sev0-bug like 4 months ago just a few weeks after I had apprehended all finnish hillrecords. I took these records without using anything but the application itself. No "cheats"(!!!) no nothing. However when I had all 32 finnish records it felt kinda empty since the WR:s were so far away! Then i googled "DSJ3 replays" to get answeres and I found DSJ-Republika (Bolas site U know...). There I whitnessed the sev-bug for the first time and I was amazed. The lenght the technique... So I tried it..... CRASH!!!! Eventually I managed to get a few descent jumps in POL, CHN and JAP. Observe I used- sev-bug without slowdown!!! I have the replays saved to back it up. ;)

Then i heard about the slowdown app and i tried it. Now im chasing Ermel and the other guys at the top (4th right now...).

Without theese additions to the game and the new angle in wich the game can be played I wuld have quit a long time ago.

HOWEVER!!! No one come accusing me or anyone else who are sev0-jumpers of being cheaters and not good at this blessed game called DSJ! U have the opportunity urself! TAKE IT! I mean cmon it's a game and this makes it REALLY fun

#1 noob-post by sAn :lol:
I sev-jump and I'm proud! >:D
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

Leper

and one more thing...what about light blu line??will you draw it on your computer with your pen??we won't see it...;) :D:D