Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Bartek Palewicz

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Hmm, you are right. (EPIC FAIL :/) Anyway, posibility like that would be nice.
Aerotal

Post by Aerotal »

Jussi, you should add Sunday national tournament here: http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj4/tournaments/
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Aerotal wrote:Jussi, you should add Sunday national tournament here: http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj4/tournaments/
Thanks. Done.
Bjørn Andre Monsen

Post by Bjørn Andre Monsen »

National recordline jussi?
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

The character limit for typing in a name of a team is too strict, one can't type Russian Federation (which is the official version used in FIS competitions). Also the limit for ski jumpers' names could be a bit higher, I managed to type Vincent Descombes Sevoie, but only just (not a single character left).
Kazynski

Post by Kazynski »

Heloo, I have an idea. Jussi, Can You create lines over the HS Point, like that? There are more lines in the Planica over 215 m . ;) For exaple this picture :

http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/8 ... onship.JPG
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

Kazynski wrote:Heloo, I have an idea. Jussi, Can You create lines over the HS Point, like that? There are more lines in the Planica over 215 m . ;) For exaple this picture :

http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/8 ... onship.JPG

Yeah, that would be good ;) especially in Planica. Lines end at 215 now but jumpers can jump even 25m more, so there certainly is room for lines after the HS point ;), like in RL ;)
pietrek

Post by pietrek »

Jussi Koskela wrote:But K-line and HS-line are always marked. Even in the video that you linked.
Excepting training. I suggested it 3 months ago to not mark the K and HS lines in practice mode. It would give a feeling different from the World Cup mode.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

kacpero40 suggested that the lines in Planica should start at the 100m mark (he researched it a bit), also the PLANICA word should be higher up the hill (before the 100m) and there should be lines after 215m (up until 240 I think)

kacpero40 did a small edit to explain: Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I have to say I fully agree to that ;) it looks nice when there are lines zooming below you when flying ;).

Here's the real Planica pic: http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/8 ... onship.JPG (lines after the HS).

Seems like a minor detail but I always pay attention to those and additionally Planica is my favorite hill so its nice if its as real as possible
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I would like to see an adjustable angle of skis during the flight. Ranging from Kimmo Yliriesto style to Johan Remen Evensen style. How could it be achieved ? Hmmm it would have some kind of 'masking' therefore physics would be equal for each style.

Something worth to think about. Maybe not in DSJ 4 generation but DSJ 5 for sure in few years...
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Practical idea:
For the time of changing the zoom there could be like 1 second info telling us at which point of zoom we are right now.
Each scrollpoint would display the current zoom.
I'm really frustrated by zoomin in to maximum and then counting the 'clicks' of the scroll myself out to my preferred zoom.

Thanks in advance ;)
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Metsi wrote:Practical idea:
For the time of changing the zoom there could be like 1 second info telling us at which point of zoom we are right now.
I'm really frustrated by zoomin in to maximum and then counting the 'clicks' of the scroll myself out to my preferred zoom.

Thanks in advance ;)
Totally agree !
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Thanks in advance ;)
Is there really need for this since you can save your camera settings?
TPo

Post by TPo »

Jussi Koskela wrote:

Thanks in advance ;)
Yes, because its fun to play around with different cameras, looking for the best one.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Jussi Koskela wrote:

Thanks in advance ;)
Well, it's not a nescessary improvement if that's what you ask. I think we can all still enjoy the game anyway.
But on different hills i often use different zoom level so it's kinda frustrating. In online mode especially.

Another solution would be an auto save of zoom position for each hill but i think it would be less convenient then the first idea.

Still, if it would take really a lot of work maybe just think of including it in dsj 5 ;)