The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
Maciejo-96

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Bartek Palewicz wrote:Where did you get that info? If you're such a smart guy, give us some source...
He tried to be Jussi <irony here>

It's still summer, we will wait for more to beginning of the season. But some info this time will be good to hear. :)
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Areen wrote:Jussi already said in few of topics in this forum that in future releases of DSJ there will be no new hills, but only some bug fixes. So actually this game is dead in development state, so only community keeps it pretty "alive". But now also servers are dead from yesterday or at least there are big problems with connection to server.
Servers look all good to me. Perhaps there was a problem with your internet provider.
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

What if we all buy some extra copys ?
Would this help Jussi ?
Rid

Post by Rid »

Oh, just make PAID hills editor. People will be making hills and you will get some money. You can do some things which will not allow us to run hills made with editor without getting licence for it.
>OH BUT PEOPLE COULD PIRATE THE EDITOR!!!!111
you can't do anything about that, crackers, hackers will always find some ways to crack apps.
>BUT I"M MAKING HILLS WITH NOTEPAD
man, you can write game engine and you can't make hills editor? I can't believe that.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Just do 4 the most important hills and some other nice improvements and officially end the development of this game. Simple.

(seriously, I don't really care...)
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Maciejo-96 wrote:Just do 4 the most important hills and some other nice improvements and officially end the development of this game. Simple.
(seriously, I don't really care...)
(because you won almost everything...)
I can't imagine that this game's development is likely to be ended. I hope that Jussi will be keeping Mediamond's servers running and this community won't dead.
This game gave me and still gives lots of fun and let me experience how miraculous sport ski jumping is.
If it is not profitable, it is high time Jussi looked for another kind of occupation. He gathered a lot of experience in programing games thanks to DSJ. That's simply the obvious, but cruel truth :?
Despite my words there are many other things to do to make this game better and better. In my opinion final update should look like @Maciejo-96's project. He shared in the past on the forum his vision of DSJ. There were shown 32 hills and some really nice improvements (even gimmicks like new look of main menu). Maybe Jussi should set this idea for his goal? Because then we will have very fun-filled game, complete game. Question to you Maciej, have you got this post's website address?
I want to know is there any, even the smallest chance for new version with its new features as it was at recent years in November? Jussi, if you know now the answer, please tell us. I am impatient thereat when you don't tell us about the future, people will feel disapointed in Autumn. Don't make for us a hope if you can't keep this wonderful game alive ;) I wish the last version hadn't been the end of DSJ :)
Thanks for attention ;)
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Szymon11 wrote: I want to know is there any, even the smallest chance for new version with its new features as it was at recent years in November? Jussi, if you know now the answer, please tell us. I am impatient thereat when you don't tell us about the future, people will feel disapointed in Autumn. Don't make for us a hope if you can't keep this wonderful game alive ;) I wish the last version hadn't been the end of DSJ :)
As I wrote earlier the development is on hold (meaning that you can't expect any big changes). If some serious bugs come out I will of course fix them. And the servers will naturally keep running.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

@Szymon11
http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic ... =15#p70056

@Jussi
Without counting not existing hills and some of the ideas from my list for what link is higher the game is almost perfect.
I will look in this game to find some not already found bugs soon.
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Szymon11 wrote: I want to know is there any, even the smallest chance for new version with its new features as it was at recent years in November? Jussi, if you know now the answer, please tell us. I am impatient thereat when you don't tell us about the future, people will feel disapointed in Autumn. Don't make for us a hope if you can't keep this wonderful game alive ;) I wish the last version hadn't been the end of DSJ :)
As I wrote earlier the development is on hold (meaning that you can't expect any big changes). If some serious bugs come out I will of course fix them. And the servers will naturally keep running.
Sorry for a small mess connected with my post, but I didn't understand this term "on hold". I understand it now.
Last edited by Szymon11 on 11 Jul 2014, 11:36, edited 2 times in total.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

On hold - it probably means that you can't expect any new features in the selected by Jussi part of time. But Jussi wrote what it means in actual situation with game.
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

What are the plans for 1.7 ?
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

maftei.alin wrote:What are the plans for 1.7 ?
The better question would be if in 1.7. will be new hills but the chance for this is really small.
Last edited by Szymon11 on 26 Aug 2014, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I think if he release 1.7, he will fix some bugs and add some nice improvements. I don't know if I can expect any hill, but I believe that he will remake Bad Mitterndorf pretty soon when hill in reality will be rebuilt. This is only thing what I want with hills.
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

Planica HS225 also :)
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

It's still under construction.