Waiting for others results

General discussion about DSJ3.
fijuuu

Waiting for others results

Post by fijuuu »

Is there any option to make waiting for results of the other competitors faster? When I play the world cup and choose all 115 jumpers, you have to wait so long for everyone to jump. Thanks!
Vik

Post by Vik »

Don't choose so much.... You can download here original performed ski jumpers of the saison 2007 (ca.70 bots): http://www.dsj-community.com/uploads/fi ... saison.zip
Janiel74

??

Post by Janiel74 »

i download it this 70 jumpers..but how can I implement this??help me

I have it!!!:)
Vik

Post by Vik »

Ok... ;-)

Much fun... 8)
JJB79

Post by JJB79 »

Vik wrote:Don't choose so much.... You can download here original performed ski jumpers of the saison 2007 (ca.70 bots): http://www.dsj-community.com/uploads/fi ... saison.zip
Hi!
I'm sorry, but i'd like to speed up the results of the competitors too! Even if you take only 30 of them and play with 3 real players it takes about 2 1/2 hours to finish the 32 hills. in my opinion this could be done faster. It would be much more fun if you can do two rounds in same time ;)
have a n ice day,
JJB79
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

JJB79 wrote: I'm sorry, but i'd like to speed up the results of the competitors too! Even if you take only 30 of them and play with 3 real players it takes about 2 1/2 hours to finish the 32 hills. in my opinion this could be done faster. It would be much more fun if you can do two rounds in same time ;)
Unfortunately it's not possible to simulate the cpu player's jumps faster than this without compromising the fairness.
JJB79

Post by JJB79 »

Fairness counts ;)

p.s.: still a nice game :)
Hans Gunnar

Post by Hans Gunnar »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
JJB79 wrote: I'm sorry, but i'd like to speed up the results of the competitors too! Even if you take only 30 of them and play with 3 real players it takes about 2 1/2 hours to finish the 32 hills. in my opinion this could be done faster. It would be much more fun if you can do two rounds in same time ;)
Unfortunately it's not possible to simulate the cpu player's jumps faster than this without compromising the fairness.
It's always possible to improve code-performance. ;)
If you send me the current code for calculating CPU-jumps I'm sure I'll find some ways to improve it without compromising the results.
Bart

Post by Bart »

I dont think so that Jussi want to share any code's fragmet :P
Vik

Post by Vik »

agree with Bart... because of the money he get through this game... :lol:
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Yes, Bart is right, I won't give out the source code.
Optimizations might make the physics calculations maybe 20% faster but that really doesn't make any difference.