Preferred camera view while taking-off and in the air

General discussion about DSJ3.
Bjørn

Preferred camera view while taking-off and in the air

Post by Bjørn »

Hi!

I wonder what your thoughts are on the best camera view. I can't decide whether to use the F3-view (behind the ski jumper) during take-off, or the F2-view (classic side view).

I feel that it's easier to time the jumping with the F3-view, but harder to quickly get into a right flying position with this view compared to the F2-view.

What do you use? Is there a common view (he-he!) when it comes to this?

- Bjørn
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

If you want results, f1 or f2 are the only options I would say, and anyway the two common views. Which one is a matter of taste IMO. Pick the one you like Wink I have only heard of one or two who changes view between inrun and flight. I wouldn't recommend it, I believe this would desturb focus on the jumping. Personally I use f1.
Bjørn

Post by Bjørn »

I think you're right, I feel that switching views disturbs my focus. I guess I'll only be using F2 from now on. F3 is only an option for the take-off, and is useless (for me) in the air. F2 it is! :)
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

In the beginning i used F2, i already did very good jumps with that but i couldnt stabilize my performance.
Now i jump F1 for almost 1 year and i got much more constant with that.

I think its just a matter of personal taste like Grufugl already said.
Hills won in WC: 43
Bjørn

Post by Bjørn »

Interesting! I've only tried F1 one time. Maybe I should give it a shot and see how it compares.
promaster

Post by promaster »

Hi Bjørn!

I think, that camera setting depends only on you. But IMO, there are some settings, that can help sometimes. I have two players profiles - one named F1 and F2. You can wonder, what it means. And, when I try to beat record (ofc in offline mode, I'm not subscribing in online mode), I've got 8 players - 4 in F1 team, and 4 in F2 team. You can try with many other cameras, but I'm only using these two.
I think, that F2 camera is good for medium hills, such as Italy. F2 camera makes you concertrated on distnce of your jumper to the ground. So, on the hills with profile like in Italy, where it's not a danger to hit the landing zone before reaching K point, it helps you to fly long. But on the hills like Kazachstan or Bulgaria, there helps F1, which makes you concentrate on the skiis position, what makes the jump longer. But try many other cameras. Even F9 could be a good proposition, but it depends on you.

Have good jumps!
Promaster
[/img]
Bjørn

Post by Bjørn »

Thanks for the input promaster!

I've tried both F1 and F2 now, and I think both have its advantages and disadvantages. What I like about F2 is that it's easier to see how far the jumper is from the ground, and the angle he has to his skis. With F1 it's easier to time the take-offs, but I find it much harder to get the right angle during the flight, as I only see the back of his body. Still, some of my best jumps have come after using the F1 view :)

Not a bad idea using two teams, one using F1 and the other using F2. I'll try that!
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Bjørn wrote: What I like about F2 is that it's easier to see how far the jumper is from the ground
With f1, watch the gap between the jumper and his shadow. When the shadow rapidly aproaches the jumper it's landing time :wink:
smithdwsn

Post by smithdwsn »

Yes, you can do with pressing f1 or f2. f1 or f2 are the only options I would say, and anyway the two common views. Which one is a matter of taste IMO. Pick the one you like Wink I have only heard of one or two who changes view between inrun and flight. I wouldn't recommend it, I believe this would desturb focus on the jumping. I use f2.