offline mode upgrade

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Krystof Adamek

offline mode upgrade

Post by Krystof Adamek »

Id like to see some more offline mode things such as:
1. more cup saves at once- i dont want just 1 cup at once if i want to have like some sort of more competiton cup then id be great
2. Super team cup- new Team Cup mode but the well known Super Team.
3. Editing Jumpers mid-cup- I dont want to have the same jumpers for the whole WC but change them mid and id be more realistic afterwards
i hope people will agree with me and might se it in game
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: offline mode upgrade

Post by Jussi Koskela »

1. This is already implemented for the next version.
2. Maybe.
3. Do you mean only selecting which jumpers participate or also editing the ski jumpers mid cup (i.e. suits / skill levels / who controls etc)?
If you can edit the properties of ski jumpers then the question is whether these changes should apply only to world cup that is currently in progress or if you should be able to sync these changes to main ski jumper configuration somehow.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 10:19 If you can edit the properties of ski jumpers then the question is whether these changes should apply only to world cup that is currently in progress or if you should be able to sync these changes to main ski jumper configuration somehow.
I propose adding a new button 'change jumpers for the next competition' in the Results after .../... competitions menu, which would take you to the currently existing select competitors menu with all the jumpers from your documents/deluxe ski jump 4/ski jumpers folder. Imo there is no need for any syncing, since you can store backup ski jumper folders elsewhere on your hard drive.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

If you have multiple save game slots for different world cups then how do they reflect these changes? Same changes can be seen in all save game slots?
This is a question I have been pondering...
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

No, I imagine it as the save games working as currently, containing ski jumpers in them, and the game looks in your ski jumpers folder only after clicking the 'change jumpers for the next competition' button. Maybe you can add an confirmation window if there are jumpers in the save which are not in the ski jumpers folder with 'copy jumpers from save to folder' , 'ignore' and 'cancel' options :)

Now that I think about it, it would also be a very efficient way to transfer and archive ski jumpers packs - just download single files instead of whole folders and unpack it with the 'copy jumpers from save to folder' button in game.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)