DSJ4 should have a Steam version and reasons why.

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
KubixTheMiner

DSJ4 should have a Steam version and reasons why.

Post by KubixTheMiner »

• Hey, if anyone reading this happens to know Jussi and/or have contact with him or is Jussi himself, please if you could share this post with him, I want to share my Idea for a Steam Version of Deluxe Ski Jump 4 (and someday maybe DSJ 3). There would be no keys, but there would be accounts so the records can be saved as they are being saved now, the online version would still have a subscription as it is now. Also one reason is some people (like me) don't have PayPal, but on Steam there is way more payment options, so the game could spread around the world and be more popular. Also people wouldn't need to download a new version for an update but could instead just update the game on steam which is faster. The beta's and older versions, for example 1.10.1 could be now accessable to everyone that bought the game, if there is no keys, piracy wouldn't be such a big problem for the DSJ series. Let me know if the idea makes sense, and if there's a reason that Deluxe Ski Jump 4 doesn't have a Steam version already. :( Best Regards, Jakub from Poland. (Also i wanted to let you know i don't own a key for DSJ 4, because I can't buy it since i don't have the payment method that is required and that is one of the main reasons im writing this, I love the demo version regardless tho :D )
Last edited by KubixTheMiner on 16 Jan 2024, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
aleksiq4229

Re: DSJ4 should have a Steam version and reasons why.

Post by aleksiq4229 »

XD
KubixTheMiner

Post by KubixTheMiner »

aleksiq4229 wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 20:34XD
?
KubixTheMiner

Post by KubixTheMiner »

Wiem że ktoś już zrobił koncept bo widziałem ten post, ale sam tam napisał że można pisać swoje koncepty i właśnie to tu zrobiłem, (o ile o to ci chodzi)
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

I didn't bother about the payment when I bought the game, I just filled out the form, attached the money, put it all in an envelope and mailed it. It's true that it takes a little longer, but after a couple of days I got the password by email, easy.
KubixTheMiner

Post by KubixTheMiner »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 20:52 I didn't bother about the payment when I bought the game, I just filled out the form, attached the money, put it all in an envelope and mailed it. It's true that it takes a little longer, but after a couple of days I got the password by email, easy.
but still without keys it would be much faster and if it was on steam then it would get way more attention. :)
(edit: i also want to add that there are many kids that want to buy the game, but their parents dont have paypal and will probably think that it's a scam to buy a game through an envelope instead of like a credit card)
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

Last edited by aleksiq4229 on 08 Mar 2024, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
KubixTheMiner

Post by KubixTheMiner »

aleksiq4229 wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 23:07
KubixTheMiner wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 20:43
Wiem że ktoś już zrobił koncept bo widziałem ten post, ale sam tam napisał że można pisać swoje koncepty i właśnie to tu zrobiłem, (o ile o to ci chodzi)
Firstly, the Deluxe Ski Jump forum is only in English language, and no matter what nationality you are, you must speak English.

Ok, let's look what do we have here. Deluxe Ski Jump has been almost 25 years on the internet, the game type is DEMO, which means you have limited things, and full version is only paid, or being unlocked in the other way. No keys is also a big pointless stupid thing, because most of the demo based programs have a special digital key to unlock full version (or not). Accounts also will be messy. What if someone change name on steam? A few people might be changing nickname everyday, but have old in-game. It would crash servers imo. That's nonsense. Well, most of people don't want DSJ on steam, because a lot of pirate's have bought a key now. Not everybody has paypal btw. A lot of DSJ players surely don't have PayPal. Your idea of downloading/updating is sooo funny :lol: . that's not even 30MB and you say on steam it would be better? :lol: Updates are updates, Jussi won't change his mind because you said you would like it. It's also pointless. And you can download fast update, you are so funny :lol: . Older versions also won't work because of old physics and a very few hills. So that's not possible also. "If there is no keys, piracy wouldn't be such a big problem". As I said, this is Demo type of game, it's not possible (that made me laugh so hard). Idea completely don't have sense, there is no reason to put DSJ on steam, you can download it faster from mediamond and launch without going to steam, which it can load up to few minutes.

Wow, that's the worst topic ever.
im sorry for the different language, your nick name is very similar to a nick name people with the name Aleks sometimes use in Poland and thank you for responding, now i understand that my idea is pointless and stupid. sorry for wasting your time. :( but one thing that could be still added (on the mediamond website) are the payment methods that are on steam or at least some of them. Again sorry for not thinking about what i wrote. there's only one thing that would happen if it was on steam and its that more people would see it and maybe online mode would be more active
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

KubixTheMiner wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 23:34
aleksiq4229 wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 23:07
KubixTheMiner wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 20:43 Wiem że ktoś już zrobił koncept bo widziałem ten post, ale sam tam napisał że można pisać swoje koncepty i właśnie to tu zrobiłem, (o ile o to ci chodzi)
Firstly, the Deluxe Ski Jump forum is only in English language, and no matter what nationality you are, you must speak English.

Ok, let's look what do we have here. Deluxe Ski Jump has been almost 25 years on the internet, the game type is DEMO, which means you have limited things, and full version is only paid, or being unlocked in the other way. No keys is also a big pointless stupid thing, because most of the demo based programs have a special digital key to unlock full version (or not). Accounts also will be messy. What if someone change name on steam? A few people might be changing nickname everyday, but have old in-game. It would crash servers imo. That's nonsense. Well, most of people don't want DSJ on steam, because a lot of pirate's have bought a key now. Not everybody has paypal btw. A lot of DSJ players surely don't have PayPal. Your idea of downloading/updating is sooo funny :lol: . that's not even 30MB and you say on steam it would be better? :lol: Updates are updates, Jussi won't change his mind because you said you would like it. It's also pointless. And you can download fast update, you are so funny :lol: . Older versions also won't work because of old physics and a very few hills. So that's not possible also. "If there is no keys, piracy wouldn't be such a big problem". As I said, this is Demo type of game, it's not possible (that made me laugh so hard). Idea completely don't have sense, there is no reason to put DSJ on steam, you can download it faster from mediamond and launch without going to steam, which it can load up to few minutes.

Wow, that's the worst topic ever.
im sorry for the different language, your nick name is very similar to a nick name people with the name Aleks sometimes use in Poland and thank you for responding, now i understand that my idea is pointless and stupid. sorry for wasting your time. :( but one thing that could be still added (on the mediamond website) are the payment methods that are on steam or at least some of them. Again sorry for not thinking about what i wrote. there's only one thing that would happen if it was on steam and its that more people would see it and maybe online mode would be more active
That's alright. I didn't mean to write something offensive to you.
There is PaySafeCard payment also:
https://www.mediamond.fi/pay-with-paysafecard/
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

aleksiq4229 wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 23:07 Wow, that's the worst topic ever.
I'm just really curious what makes you say that...

viewtopic.php?p=14035&hilit=Steam#p14035
viewtopic.php?p=76143&hilit=Steam#p76143
viewtopic.php?p=83197&hilit=Steam#p83197
viewtopic.php?p=83293&hilit=Steam#p83293
viewtopic.php?p=76178&hilit=Steam#p76178

Also:

Code: Select all

No keys is also a big pointless stupid thing, because most of the demo based programs have a special digital key to unlock full version (or not). Accounts also will be messy. What if someone change name on steam? A few people might be changing nickname everyday, but have old in-game. It would crash servers imo. That's nonsense. Well, most of people don't want DSJ on steam, because a lot of pirate's have bought a key now

Your idea of downloading/updating is sooo funny :lol: . that's not even 30MB and you say on steam it would be better? 

Older versions also won't work because of old physics and a very few hills. So that's not possible also. "If there is no keys, piracy wouldn't be such a big problem". As I said, this is Demo type of game, it's not possible (that made me laugh so hard). Idea completely don't have sense, there is no reason to put DSJ on steam, you can download it faster from mediamond and launch without going to steam, which it can load up to few minutes.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)