Losing Control on big Flying Hills

General discussion about DSJ4.
Cyberfire

Losing Control on big Flying Hills

Post by Cyberfire »

Hi

Sorry if this was answered before, didn't find anything.

Not sure if the following is a bug or intended. Especially on Vinicunca i often land like this:

At 9 seconds the guy just leans back regardless of how i move my mouse. Also happens online and everywhere else, every time. If it's intended what is the best way too avoid that? Just jumping "less aggressively" as in not leaning forward so much? (because that seems to work sometimes)

Would appreciate some clarification for a noob like me. :)
Tom2

Re: Losing Control on big Flying Hills

Post by Tom2 »

You have to ensure strictly that your mouse is sticking to the ground, otherwise this happens. I recall myself having such issues more frequently, when playing without mouse pad. Most commonly, it has to do something either with mouse or your playing surface.
DSJ3 TL: 7755.36m (#39), peak: 1325 (#490)
DSJ4 TL: 3550.97m (#3), online: 3506.29m (#11), peak: 1942 (#5)

DSJ3 PB: 318.88m (#19)
DSJ4 PB: 242.88m (#2)
Cyberfire

Post by Cyberfire »

Tom2 wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 01:13 You have to ensure strictly that your mouse is sticking to the ground, otherwise this happens. I recall myself having such issues more frequently, when playing without mouse pad. Most commonly, it has to do something either with mouse or your playing surface.
Oh my god i feel so stupid. Even after reading your comment i thought that my mouse never ever lost ground contact before. I mean i have a mouse pad with more than enough room to move my mouse so no problem, right?

Then i did go back to training on Vinicunca to test again. This time i actually looked at my mouse while jumping. What i noticed was that i gripped the mouse so hard that eventually one side of my mouse lifted. That also explains why it only happened on the big hills because the more (longer) i was dragging the mouse the harder i would grip it.

So i guess in all those jumps before i was too lazy too look at that LOL

Thank you for that wake up call! :D
Mariusz Paweł

Post by Mariusz Paweł »

As Tom said:
1. You probably pick up the mouse while maintaining the correct posture in flight;
2. The second reason may be the incorrectly adjusted sensitivity in the game and the system DPI of the mouse (an application in which you can make appropriate modifications - e.g. in mine I can change from 100 DPI to 24 000, of which you have 800 DPI by default).
3. The third reason is we don't know what you're playing on, the pad or the tabletop - this is also important.
4. To maintain a stable flight, you should hold the mouse firmly and move it depending on the settings, so that you do not make drastic movements or tire your hand due to heavy settings whcich it automatically make u lose control.

If you still have problems, I encourage you to visit my channel on youtube called Mariusz Paweł or I invite you to the DSJ4 FANS server (https://discord.gg/wQNeq8bZ) to continue analyze your problem.

:arrow: Mariusz Paweł [POL]