Lost Ski Jumping Games finally found!

Off-topic discussion & chatter.
J4cob

Lost Ski Jumping Games finally found!

Post by J4cob »

Thanks to users: Martin Kafka, and fanzekipypodnarty (YouTube) we've found some lost Ski Jumping games that I want to share with you!

First one - 20+ year old missing Champion++ Ski Jumping. This game had real prize pools, comparable to what Ski Jumpers earned in 2003 - when you played World Cup with others of course. Only training mode is now available, and Wojtek Schiller uploaded a video, showcasing the game. Sadly the game works slow, because of the poor optimization, however if you can run it on Win 7 or WIN XP and test it out I'll be glad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTcs9er ... ekSchiller

More description for Champion++ Ski Jumping, taken from Wojtek Schiller's description:

On the second day of Christmas, I am presenting a jumping game titled: Champion++ Ski Jump, whose main author is Krzysztof Budnicki. It is created on the Lithtech engine, which was used, among others, to: No One Lives Forever.

According to information found in the archives, the game offered 18 hills (starting with the smallest one, Lahti K-70, and ending with the K-185 hill in Oberstdorf). The media patron of the game was the RMF FM radio station, while the game itself, after downloading, offered only a training mode.

To play the World Cup mode, you had to register the game by providing an activation code, which could be purchased from the game's authors. According to the producer, the people achieving the best results were to compete for sums of money equal to the prizes received by ski jumpers at the World Championships, and the finals were to take place in May 2004.

The game's options include: changing names or even changing physics parameters, in which we can allow, for example, how much the jumper can lean to any side of the landing area during the flight under the influence of the wind.

Second game, it's a game aimed for kids (and it was released only in Poland I believe) and it's name: MYSZtrzostwa Świata w Oberstdorfie 2005 which translated to: MOUSEcup in Oberstdorf 2005. I did a video from it, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-GzSf_ ... nnel=J4cob

It was also missing, and it wasn't that easy searching it in the Google search engine. However, after some digging i managed to find a video from the game that was 8 years old, and my viewer asked if the video author still had the game, which he responded that YES, he had. So he sent a copy. Turns out, if you searched for Scooter Pro Chomikuj you would be able to find that game buried in the chomikuj.pl website, all you had to do is mount the image in Daemon Tools.

Here's the game description:

MYSZtrzostwa Świata in Oberstdorf is a game full of surprises, created especially for the Nordic Ski World Championships - Oberstdorf 2005. Although the whole thing is addressed to children, adults should also be interested, because the game is about ski jumping, which is extremely popular in Poland. Four nice players take part in the virtual fight for distance, i.e. the famous CyberMycha, a cat named Code, and the penguin Ping, as well as Wiewiórsz. The latter athlete is a heroic squirrel who has chosen as his idol the fearless Adam Małysz - a two-time gold medalist at the World Championships in Predazzo, organized in 2003. The competition takes place on faithfully reproduced German facilities with construction points K-90 and K-120. In addition to the possibility of conducting the actual competition, there is also a training option, as well as a cyber cup winning mode and team competitions. In addition, there is a multiplayer option, so up to four players can play on one computer. Naturally, the World Mystery Championships in Oberstdorf are full of numerous fans who react spontaneously to the course of the competition. An additional attraction of this product is its elegant three-dimensional graphics and realistic sound. Of course, all virtual hill records are recorded on a special high score board.

Source: https://www.gry-online.pl/gry/mysztrzos ... fie/z017ce
George2515

Re: Lost Ski Jumping Games finally found!

Post by George2515 »

That's fantastic news! Where were they hiding all this time? What made them so hard to find?
J4cob

Re: Lost Ski Jumping Games finally found!

Post by J4cob »

George2515 wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 18:19 That's fantastic news! Where were they hiding all this time? What made them so hard to find?
Explained in the post, but i'll repeat:

Champion++ Ski Jump was a failed game I think, mainly because not many Polish people had internet to play online games like that back in the day (2003) - times of dial up network. You needed to connect to a World Cup, and to the records database to play in such - and you could win a money prize. Game was available till 2009-2010 then nobody archieved it, because everybody forgot about it. Turns out that as was said here: someone still had it on their disk, so we found it! And there are videos from it being made! Only training mode is available but this is how the game looked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A3Hr7_ ... anVtcFs%3D

MYSZtrzostwa in the other hand, was hiding in the plain sight. Game's from 2005 and it was available to download on a famous download site Chomikuj by just other keyword: you needed to write Scooter Pro chomikuj instead of MYSZtrzostwa swiata download and then you would have it. If you would write MYSZtrzostwa swiata download, it will pop up some sites but they would lead to nowhere.